Media That time when Chandler called out Khabib

giphy.gif

Would’ve been a great fight. Chandler’s chin is the main liability, although Khabib is hardly a knockout artist. Would’ve been interesting to see how they handled each other’s wrestling. Chandler was also pretty damn close to being LW champ not long ago when he almost slept Oliveira in rd 1, but of course Sherdog acts like he’s a bum. :rolleyes:

Would’ve been a great fight. Chandler’s chin is the main liability, although Khabib is hardly a knockout artist. Would’ve been interesting to see how they handled each other’s wrestling. Chandler was also pretty damn close to being LW champ not long ago when he almost slept Oliveira in rd 1, but of course Sherdog acts like he’s a bum. :rolleyes:
Yea he's definitely not a bum; the way he destroyed Hooker in seconds was pretty impressive

Yea he's definitely not a bum; the way he destroyed Hooker in seconds was pretty impressive
He’s a great fighter. Unfortunately, he was a little too old by the time he came to the UFC. Shame we didn’t see him 5 years ago or so. Still possible that he could win the belt even now, but doesn’t seem all that likely.

But when Islam called him out he didn't answer, saying "I have my analyst hat on tonight" lol

To be fair he was, nice call out but it wasnt chandler's place to reply to it that night. But he had nothing to say afterwards lol.

Bingo. Would have been a very interesting match up. Gaethje was getting out wrestled by everybody and their Mom after he fell in love with his stand up. Khabib taking him down is the least surprising thing ever. Justin basically is the LW Dan Henderson: decorated wrestler that forgot how to wrestle and just became a banger.

Chandler tho, he atleast was a good scrambler and is much more fast twitch than Justin. Khabib would likely win, but it still is an intriguing match up.

But when Islam called him out he didn't answer, saying "I have my analyst hat on tonight" lol

Where have you been brother? You've been uncharacteristically quiet!

Also, Chandler just fought for a title, I don't think it makes sense for him to fight Islam at this stage. Islam needs some decent wins. Dariush, Hooker etc

I'm not sure how he compares on the ground against khabib, but I think his striking always presents a risk even with a chin as solid as khabib's.

I think he would fare better than gaethje.

It was an eyepoke go back and watch it

It was an eyepoke go back and watch it
No, Oliveira was stunned from Chandler’s left hand to the jaw, and got clobbered by an overhand right (followed by another right hand). Oliveira didn’t go down or get caught because of an eyepoke.

No, Oliveira was stunned from Chandler’s left hand to the jaw, and got clobbered by an overhand right (followed by another right hand). Oliveira didn’t go down or get caught because of an eyepoke.

Yeah, I posted the whole fight. Oliveira was getting outstuck on the feet. He was already stunned from the left hand, and any “eye poke” looked minimal and had little bearing on him getting caught by the right.

Back