That time Wanderlei almost finished Bisping

Wonder how long til the Bisping fans bash the decision

Almost only counts in horseshoes.

However, if that were in the UK, bisping would have been awarded the decision.

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill (worst decision in fighting history)

All decision "wins" in the UK.

Wanderlei looking technical.

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson

Matt Hamill was a straight robbery
Hendo fight was close but Bisping won 3, 4, 5 imo
Anderson lost that fight himself by not jumping on him in the 4th, how he basically knocked him out then did nothing in the next round I don't know

That was one of Wanderlei’s best performances inside the octagon, he was calculated with his aggression and turned it up at the end of each round.

And then he was out for 17 months and then the Leben fight happened<2>

You can see Silva has soccer kick on his mind there, he so badly wanted to do it

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson

I think the Silva and Henderson wins were legit, but fuck me, that Hamill nod was insane. I remember watching at the time, being super happy for a UK guy to finally be making it to the ufc etc etc, and STILL seeing that decision as bullshit.

The crowd erupted because they thought the ref stopped the fight but the flurry was in the last few seconds of the round.

I watched UFC110 in Sydney live and it was easily one of the greatest spectator experience in my life. Right up until the point I witnessed Big Nog get his head bounced of the canvas by Cain.

<StillMyBoy>

Matt Hamill was a straight robbery
Hendo fight was close but Bisping won 3, 4, 5 imo
Anderson lost that fight himself by not jumping on him in the 4th, how he basically knocked him out then did nothing in the next round I don't know

I haven’t watch that fight in ages, but I think the 4th was by far Bisping best round, too, haha. If Silva hadn’t fannied around so much after the “knockout”, I don’t think Bisping would have recovered properly in the standard one minute. But Silva basically gave him five, and then he had is best round.

Love how wandy’s muscle memory tells him to soccer kick bisping

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson

You do realise that it was two American judges that scored the Hamill fight for Bisping, while the British judge gave it to Matt, right? Kind of blows the hometown decision theory out of the water.

Last edited:
I know it isn’t a popular opinion around here anymore, but Wand was actually an incredibly good fighter

I just noticed for the first time that Bisping actually purposely reached down to avoid strikes

Back