That time Mike Tyson gave Francis some very harsh advice

Out of the list of offensive things Mike Tyson has said over the years....that's near the bottom.

I doubt Francis was bothered.

I don't know..he looked really taken aback by that and had to compose himself.

Do you think Francis was offended at all? His reaction seemed like he was like "Wow did he really just say that?". From what I understand Africans use different vocabulary than black Americans, so Mike probably was unaware of how offensive that word would be to a man from Africa like Francis.

I don't see where he's offended. He agreed with Tyson when he spoke in the next sentence. I think it was more confusion/amusement/surprise.

I don't get the "divinely guided" bullshit. He's a fighter dude, even if god existed he wouldn't give half a divine shit what a guy punching other dudes in the face was doing.

Also, there's no god dude. The other day I read about a guy who slipped on a banana peel and died from brain swelling. What kinda mickey mouse "god's plan" is that.

Tyson thinks he's an expert on everything........and he isn't.....I think he's a bit detached from reality and from what normies go thru.

All thru out this podcast, he gave his warped American perspective from a guy who turned into a millionaire when he was 18.

Francis Ngannou was a true poor guy, he came from real poverty in a third world nation, he wasn't privileged to have a boxing genius training him since he was a teen , and was a normie until his late 20s when he became a fighter.......Francis Ngannou's path is way different and I'm glad he pushed back against tyson's delusions(Schaub/Tyson podcast)

Hopefully Francis keeps going strong and pushes back against Dana/UFC.
are you a woke commie by chance?

Do you think Francis was offended at all? His reaction seemed like he was like "Wow did he really just say that?". From what I understand Africans use different vocabulary than black Americans, so Mike probably was unaware of how offensive that word would be to a man from Africa like Francis.

are you stupid with 0 comprehension skills?
tyson wasnt going after francis at all, why would he be offended?

So you’re a black man from Africa and not some white fat basement dweller talking about how an eloquent intelligent Afro-American legendary fighter talks to an trilingual intelligent African fighter? You gonna educate Snoop Dogg about the Crips and Bloods next?

Need some ID here, brother.

It doesn't matter. Ngannou's status in sports history and pop culture will be a drop in the ocean compared to Tyson. He should accept his beta status in the room and keep his broken English to himself.

I would like to hear your French. Or any other language. I speak three fluently, to the level of being a lawyer and author. Plus read and understand a couple of others, including French. Francis has a melodic charming English accent.

I don't get the "divinely guided" bullshit. He's a fighter dude, even if god existed he wouldn't give half a divine shit what a guy punching other dudes in the face was doing.

Also, there's no god dude. The other day I read about a guy who slipped on a banana peel and died from brain swelling. What kinda mickey mouse "god's plan" is that.
Shit isn't that simple. Do you have a source for the banana peel incident?

Either way things are connected and it isn't always about just one result or action of one person per say. You focus on fighting but don't realize the reach some fighters have and how they can turn that around into something positive and help other people out. Look at Pacquaio for example, with his boxing his helped probably millions of people in the Philippines already throughout his career. You should see the stuff he does for the people in the Philippines. Seems like Francis is doing something similar himself with his people back home. That kind of money isn't easy to attain and maybe it is divine intervention/blessings that allow things to play out a certain way. Most people that reach those levels or able to do those things seems to either be spiritual or religious. Even Khabib and his success he attributes to his religious beliefs.

Maybe it is all just coincidence and just random. Some people would like it to believe that's how things are. But seems like the most successful people, and the people that are able to do the most for people all seem to have kind of belief system either spiritual or religious.

I mean if people choose to believe in nothing, then there's nothing you can say to them that will make them change their mind. Most people already have established belief systems by adulthood. Usually takes something significant to happen in their lives for them to change their thinking. Some people also may not be religious or spiritual but subconsciously follow a spiritual path as well and not realize it. They may believe in karma and separate good and bad actions but don't associate with a specific religious spiritual belief but will subconsciously think if I do good deeds I will be rewarded with good outcomes, or other people will think their life is f*cked up because they're a f*cked up person. So those people will actually be believing in a certain spiritual concept of life but just not realizing they are. Of course there will be people that also think nothing matters and everything is just random and coincidence's etc. They think nothing they do matters or affects anyone else. But with "every action there is also an equal reaction" - which is Newton's third law for the science people. Which is something also found in spiritual beliefs. Also look into butterfly effect and chaos theory if you would rather believe science over religion/spirituality.

Ngannou is a very popular and likeable guy.

Why did God make Philippines and Africa poor and struggling in the first place? Just so that he could make rich and famous puppets to help them and then praise Him for it? What a narcissist little shit.
God has no control over people, it's still free will. God can guide people just like like the devil can tempt people. So the results of poor and struggling countries/nations are from the people running those countries/nations. The blame goes to them.

God has no control over people, it's still free will. God can guide people just like like the devil can tempt people. So the results of poor and struggling countries/nations are from the people running those countries/nations. The blame goes to them.

Replace "god" with any one of a dozen made-up fairy tale gods and you have the prevailing thinking of the time. Five thousand years ago it would've been Amun-Ra. A bit later and more north and it's Zeus. They're all the same in that they're all made up. In a few hundred years Christian mythology will be seen in the same way.

Except Christian mythology blows. It's completely nonsensical and uninteresting. At least Greek gods had the balls to be what they were - petty, terrifying monsters (most of powerful ones) - and be unapologetic about it. The Christian god acts like a monster in one book then pretends to be good in the other one. Both as a story and as an influence on humanity Christianity is utter shit and deserves to be buried in mud for the betterment of literally everyone. Don't even get me started on the Catholic church and the mass rape of little boys.

Im not much on the "everyone tryin' to keep the black man down" mentality, but I have really grown to respect Tyson over the years. He wasn't a very good guy in his younger years but from what I've heard he has really grown into a good dude. Good advice here from Tyson, IMO.
Alan Dershowitz made a VERY strong and convincing case that Tyson was FALSELY accused of rape in his youth. It happens more often than you think.

Replace "god" with any one of a dozen made-up fairy tale gods and you have the prevailing thinking of the time. Five thousand years ago it would've been Amun-Ra. A bit later and more north and it's Zeus. They're all the same in that they're all made up. In a few hundred years Christian mythology will be seen in the same way.

Except Christian mythology blows. It's completely nonsensical and uninteresting. At least Greek gods had the balls to be what they were - petty, terrifying monsters (most of powerful ones) - and be unapologetic about it. The Christian god acts like a monster in one book then pretends to be good in the other one. Both as a story and as an influence on humanity Christianity is utter shit and deserves to be buried in mud for the betterment of literally everyone. Don't even get me started on the Catholic church and the mass rape of little boys.
I put God because it can be any God that people believe in or multiple God(s), or it could be the universe if that's what people choose to believe. Yes the non believers will just say it's all made up which is their beliefs. But when there are so many unanswered questions or things that can't be answered in the world they live in, I feel it's kind of foolish to be so sure about the reality you live in and what is above and below you. Truth of the matter is people know very little about our planet and the universe as a whole. Everyone is trying to figure things out people are finding evidence of other dimensional space that we are not aware of in the most current scientific tests. So there's still a lot to learn about, plus dark matter. The thing that secretly controls the universe.

Also lots of similarities in religions. Lots of prophets/ascended are in other religions. If you took the time to study the other religions you'll find a lot of similarities. It could all be from the same source and just changed due to culture over the years. That's what caused multiple religions. The religions with multiple God(s) can be what christians/catholics would describe as the different seraphs/archangels/angels.

Either way too many questions out there and still a lot to learn overall. No one can really be too sure about anything since we know very little about how the world really works. We are stuck to our planet and can't even fully explore our own solar system. I mean it's possible the God(s) people have in their religions can be from another galaxy/dimension/etc. I mean there are over 200 billion galaxies that we know about and finding new evidence of other dimensions. Scientific theories about multiple dimensions and multi-verse is actual science/physics and isn't religion. Plus no one really knows what happens when you die, different religions all have different ideas of the afterlife/reincarnation.

Sounded like a compliment to me.

He was listening to Mike. He respects him but Mike comes off like a kook here a lil bit and and I think Francis was equal parts listening intently and taking everything with a grain of salt.

Isn’t he right tho?
No racist!

Africans called African Americans that weird with the hard er

Back