That One Friend On Facebook

I deleted my Facebook just prior to the 2016 election when people started getting crazy. I still have Instagram but it's not as bad on there as Facebook was. Can only imagine how much worse it's gotten in 2020.

Fuck, that's rough dude. I hope she gets through it okay.

I started following QAnonCasualties on reddit and there are so many stories like this one. I can't imagine having something like that happen with a family member.

Unfortunately I've lost some friends since Covid started over their insanity. It's been an even spread for me so far though. One was a plandemic CTer who was calling masks submission muzzles and was talking about FEMA camps, forced vaccinations, and needing to grow your own food before the lockdowns had even started. One went full MAGA/borderline Q and outright refused to stop trying to turn every conversation into an argument over the liberal pedophiles. The 3rd was a progressive who started talking more and more about communism and went all in constantly telling me how disappointed he was in me that I didn't want to go to BLM protests with him to, "fight nazis." That last guy is a fucking schoolteacher. People have just gone off the deep end this year.

Yeah I do have some obnoxious liberal FB friends too. My sister in law's cousin is like a caricature of everything all conservatives think all liberals are. Gender fluid, ever changing hair colors, changes his name on a seemingly annual basis, shares every single thing he sees on "Occupydemocrats" FB group or whatever. He is married to a woman and has 3 kids, but is the most stereotypical gay man you have ever seen in your life. I roll my eyes at most of the stuff he shares.

But he is the fringe of the left, while CT nutjobs, racists, and Qtards have become mainstream for the right. I know sherdog isn't representative but just look at the difference here. There are like less than 5 rational conservatives left these days who don't just parrot everything Trump and every far right youtube personality says. The liberals here are not like that despite the BOTHSIDES screeching, and that carries over into real life for me personally too, with few exceptions.

Yeah I do have some obnoxious liberal FB friends too. My sister in law's cousin is like a caricature of everything all conservatives think all liberals are. Gender fluid, ever changing hair colors, changes his name on a seemingly annual basis, shares every single thing he sees on "Occupydemocrats" FB group or whatever. He is married to a woman and has 3 kids, but is the most stereotypical gay man you have ever seen in your life. I roll my eyes at most of the stuff he shares.

But he is the fringe of the left, while CT nutjobs, racists, and Qtards have become mainstream for the right. I know sherdog isn't representative but just look at the difference here. There are like less than 5 rational conservatives left these days who don't just parrot everything Trump and every far right youtube personality says. The liberals here are not like that despite the BOTHSIDES screeching, and that carries over into real life for me personally too, with few exceptions.

Oh I absolutely agree. I think the Trump apologists will lean heavily on bothsidesism over the years to come and that needs to be called out every step of the way. There is no equivalency whatsoever here, you're dead on about the crazies on the left being fringe while they're mainstream on the right.

I think social media goes through cycles. In 2016 I had a bunch of leftist nut family members go apeshit and acted like fucking idiots when Trump won. I assume it's now the same for Right Wingers now that Biden won.

There have been a few meltdowns from my conservative friends...mostly comprised of "I will not be censored....if you wanted a communist country blah blah".

Its tame in comparison to my leftist friends...even now.

These guys are now saying that if "if you're white and voted Trump don't act like you're my friend. You are an accomplice to white supremacy. I don't want you around my children et ..."

Oh I absolutely agree. I think the Trump apologists will lean heavily on bothsidesism over the years to come and that needs to be called out every step of the way. There is no equivalency whatsoever here, you're dead on about the crazies on the left being fringe while they're mainstream on the right.

LOL. Yeah, I'm going to say you're full of shit. You are either blind or purposely obtuse with the way liberals acted like fucking idiots after Trump was elected in 2016. Liberals were un-fucking-bearable for 4 years while Trump was in office. You got liberal retards literally rioting and burning down buildings in our major cities over TDS.

Just fucking stop.

the pendulum swings. Rational people were on the left from 2000-2016 then went to the right from 2016-2020 and now are back on the left. The reasons are many, but basically, rational people counter the extremes on both sides. Right now the extreme left is more dangerous than the far right, and the battle will take place between moderate Democrats and the extreme left. So rational people are going to now move into that moderate left of center position.

LOL. Yeah, I'm going to say you're full of shit. You are either blind or purposely obtuse with the way liberals acted like fucking idiots after Trump was elected in 2016. Liberals were un-fucking-bearable for 4 years while Trump was in office. You got liberal retards literally rioting and burning down buildings in our major cities over TDS.

Just fucking stop.

I'm sorry you've poisoned your brain with bothsidesism. It's transparent and easy to see. People still go for a bit at the moment, but that will happen far less over the years to come. Enjoy.

the pendulum swings. Rational people were on the left from 2000-2016 then went to the right from 2016-2020 and now are back on the left. The reasons are many, but basically, rational people counter the extremes on both sides. Right now the extreme left is more dangerous than the far right, and the battle will take place between moderate Democrats and the extreme left. So rational people are going to now move into that moderate left of center position.

Rational people on the right 2016 - 2020... LOL!

<Lmaoo>
<{cruzshake}>
<KhabibBS>

But other than an anonymous Facebook account to see certain meme pages, I'm never on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

No such thing as an anonymous Facebook account. I watched and laughed when my buddy said he was going to set one up just to see what his cousin in Canada had going on, look up some old HS stuff (he's from LA) and such. Made up a name, fake picture on there, all that. This was a couple years back. Their data and algorithms had him pegged in less than 90 days. As him.

My Aunt is a diehard Trump fan. I put her on a 30 day snooze on Facebook because I got tired of her political postings. One of my cousins hates Trump. He's about to get put on snooze for 30 days.

A High School classmate is a rabid Anti-Trumper and liberal feminist. I questioned one of her posts, proved her wrong, and was promptly de-friended.

Keep an open mind OP. If it gets too bad you can snooze or silence them and remain friends. It would be very closed-minded of you to simply boot them but it's your profile and your decision.

Back