That One Friend On Facebook

I do agree with you. I don't have twitter or any other platform and I don't use FB for anything other than a couple discussion groups I'm in and very rarely sharing pics of my kids. I hate social media for the most part, and someone like Trump never would have won election without it which is scary for the future of it IMO.

Yup I only use socmed for my pleasure and leisure activity like hobbies etc.

Music grops,art grops which is well regulated.

I just saw my Pro Trump cousin on FB having a meltdown after some of her friends posted something againts Trump.

Never knew she is political its just so sad to see family members going at it on Social media.

All lefties, for me.

I don't think I have any FB friends who are right-wing politically, or if I do, they're very subtle / private about it. Which is fine by me. But since covid and BLM kicked off, and now the U.S election, I have had to 'block' several people from my newsfeed. I don't log into FB to see endless political commentary and SJW opinions. I go on there to keep in touch with mates in other countries, look at people's travelling pics and perv on chicks I know.

Unfortunately those people for me are my mom and my aunt. My family has always been conservative, so it's not that. But they are the 2 who went all in and over the top with Trump.

My aunt has always been outspoken but at least used to be respectful. The last couple years I've lost all respect for her though as she's gotten more racist and hateful as a backlash to BLM and such. Recently her and my uncle asked my brother and I, 2 of the only college educated members of the family, with legit concern if we felt like college tried to brainwash us.

My mom was always pretty Apolitical. She is not the brightest and is pretty gullible overall. She knew she liked GWB and she knew she didn't like Obama, but she couldn't tell you why other than fox News told her so. Before Trump the dumbest thing she did was refuse to sign up for Obama care because she heard it was bad. She is dirt poor and had recently quit her job of 20 years.... So that was bad.

But otherwise she was usually pretty reasonable until the last couple years when she discovered YouTube. She is a typical boomer believing everything she sees on there instantly with no regard for sources or facts. So she has spent the last couple years sharing a combination of religious nutjob shit and right wing conspiracies. I did not engage very much at all, until covid started and she started down the anti fauci conspiracy rabbit hole. She is a nurse and I flat out told her it was ridiculous to believe a con man and liar with an election coming up over all relevant health experts. She got pissed but it didn't escalate too much.

Earlier today she started with the election conspiracy vids. My brother responded reasonably with facts and a suggestion that maybe she should consider the source of these claims. She COMPLETELY freaked the fuck out. Texts telling him to literally fuck off and not talk to her for the holidays. I am staying out of it, but won't be speaking to her until she apologizes for this meltdown and choosing Donald Trump over her own son. The worst part? She was diagnosed with breast cancer last week.

Shit, that's brutal, man.

Unfortunately those people for me are my mom and my aunt. My family has always been conservative, so it's not that. But they are the 2 who went all in and over the top with Trump.

My aunt has always been outspoken but at least used to be respectful. The last couple years I've lost all respect for her though as she's gotten more racist and hateful as a backlash to BLM and such. Recently her and my uncle asked my brother and I, 2 of the only college educated members of the family, with legit concern if we felt like college tried to brainwash us.

My mom was always pretty Apolitical. She is not the brightest and is pretty gullible overall. She knew she liked GWB and she knew she didn't like Obama, but she couldn't tell you why other than fox News told her so. Before Trump the dumbest thing she did was refuse to sign up for Obama care because she heard it was bad. She is dirt poor and had recently quit her job of 20 years.... So that was bad.

But otherwise she was usually pretty reasonable until the last couple years when she discovered YouTube. She is a typical boomer believing everything she sees on there instantly with no regard for sources or facts. So she has spent the last couple years sharing a combination of religious nutjob shit and right wing conspiracies. I did not engage very much at all, until covid started and she started down the anti fauci conspiracy rabbit hole. She is a nurse and I flat out told her it was ridiculous to believe a con man and liar with an election coming up over all relevant health experts. She got pissed but it didn't escalate too much.

Earlier today she started with the election conspiracy vids. My brother responded reasonably with facts and a suggestion that maybe she should consider the source of these claims. She COMPLETELY freaked the fuck out. Texts telling him to literally fuck off and not talk to her for the holidays. I am staying out of it, but won't be speaking to her until she apologizes for this meltdown and choosing Donald Trump over her own son. The worst part? She was diagnosed with breast cancer last week.
we need a poli sci test to vote

Rodrigo and supports Trump? He’s either a Cuban or a self hating Mexican(Who says he’s American and goes by Rod).
the fuck all the illegals I know voted for trump, they call themselves paisas

It’s funny the trumpsters are always claiming to be the ‘silent majority.”

Lmao what a load of bull I have a lot of conservative friends on fb and all they ever post is super biased, vulgar, aggressive pro trump/anti liberal propaganda 24/7. Dudes who are still in their 20’s for goodness sake. It’s like are they that eager to turn into their grumpy dads lol.

Yep lol. Can confirm.

Social is poison for Seniors

I honestly think its bad for the brain consuming so much random information endlessly as it numbs you.

Have you notice people in public on their phones just scrolling endlessly watching every post in their FB newsfeed? And they like almost every post?

Its addictive because our brain needs stimulation like getting information but now the information is supper low quality but endless.

Seniors are vulnerabble to this because they have nothing else to do.

My old folks are not at all political but ever since they got hook on their phones they have become more stupid but instead of obbsesing politics they binge watch garbage local noon time shows.

Have you noticed that Forums such as SD have the same effect to an extent this is why I take a break from Shrdog too.

THIS.

Also, the content on social media is just toxic and promotes the worst in us. I'm probably gonna be off Sherdog too for the same reason, except for UFC pbp threads on big events.

I actually like this site, but a lot of the weird, pessimist, negative, and downright bizzare behavior here is too much for me.

The unfollow button is helpful with people like that.

I had to do it with a dumbass family member who thinks she’s a health expert because she sells multi-level marketing vitamin bullshit. She was sharing daily posts trying to convince people to not wear masks.

There’s no point in arguing with somebody who’s that dumb yet so confident.

THIS.

Also, the content on social media is just toxic and promotes the worst in us. I'm probably gonna be off Sherdog too for the same reason, except for UFC pbp threads on big events.

I actually like this site, but a lot of the weird, pessimist, negative, and downright bizzare behavior here is too much for me.

For some reason the outrageusness of some of the posters really amuses me probably because I dont know them personaly nor they are a close relative.

Now imagine your Aunt is posting Ripskater and TheComebackKid esque political drivel?

I have a buddy from college who still legits believes Obama is a secret Muslim born in Indonesia.

He returned to the Philippines when Bama was reelected he was like
" no NO!! No Moshlemhm will rule over me.. ah no no nosh nih Morshlem I dhid nat leave Medanao so a Moshlem be my Preshidehnt."

The unfollow button is helpful with people like that.

I had to do it with a dumbass family member who thinks she’s a health expert because she sells multi-level marketing vitamin bullshit. She was sharing daily posts trying to convince people to not wear masks.

There’s no point in arguing with somebody who’s that dumb yet so confident.

Hahahah

That Multi Level Marketing Vitamins!!!!!

Fucking Lol.

I hate it when your old friends will call you say hi and ask to meet up buy you tea only for them to talk you into joining their "Network" But you have to chip in first and buy like 200 bucks worth of shit!

In my previous Job I have a lady try to sell me some shit that can make my skin smoother and more white!!!

Cant trust her as her skin looks like it was borrowed from a Jack fruit.

Oh her face is like it sprouted from a Durian fruit!

I don't have Facebook anymore but a couple years ago when I did it was insane. My retarded left leaning family members would go into full blown TDS meltdowns. Some were obsessed with comparing him to Hitler and they also all of a sudden cared about child separation at the wall (even though it's been going on since Clinton). I had to block a few of them because I didn't log onto social media to be fed CNN and MSNBC talking points by emotionally unstable liberal friends. What a bunch of whiny pussies they were.

You left leaning posters shouldn't act like only the right does it. Either side doing it is embarrassing.

THIS.

Reported.

Why not just give it back to em..call all the calls of fraud fake news and write troll stuff.

This one friend wrote that the economy will crash next year so i said "yeah the economy under a democrat will surely collapse just as it did under clinton and obama!" The dumb bitch gave my post a like and probably believed it. Lmao read a gdamn book and learn history, idiots.

I also like to mock qanon by posting "joe biden will be arrested for election fraud on nov 10th 3:45 pm in the basement of a pizzar palor that doesnt have a basement. Wwg1wga!!!"

Shit, that's brutal, man.

Yeah man, what ever happened to the easier days where the right wingers main concerns was crippling fear of Muslims and gays? I could deal with that. There is no reasoning with cultists.

I deleted my Facebook just prior to the 2016 election when people started getting crazy. I still have Instagram but it's not as bad on there as Facebook was. Can only imagine how much worse it's gotten in 2020.

Fuck, that's rough dude. I hope she gets through it okay.

I started following QAnonCasualties on reddit and there are so many stories like this one. I can't imagine having something like that happen with a family member.

Unfortunately I've lost some friends since Covid started over their insanity. It's been an even spread for me so far though. One was a plandemic CTer who was calling masks submission muzzles and was talking about FEMA camps, forced vaccinations, and needing to grow your own food before the lockdowns had even started. One went full MAGA/borderline Q and outright refused to stop trying to turn every conversation into an argument over the liberal pedophiles. The 3rd was a progressive who started talking more and more about communism and went all in constantly telling me how disappointed he was in me that I didn't want to go to BLM protests with him to, "fight nazis." That last guy is a fucking schoolteacher. People have just gone off the deep end this year.

Sherdog war room has been great because I get to talk politics, make fun of people with stupid opinions, all from the safety of anonymity and not risk alienating that dumbass uncle of my wife’s or slipping up and saying something truly stupid that my work HR ends up seeing and asking me about

I'm sorry for your mother having cancer and hope she gets well.

That aside, i absolutely know what you're talking about in regards to people in one's family sharing these things.
In my case, it's mostly my father's cousin.
She shares several stupid things a day, with topics ranging from Qanon, Covid-19 being a flu, the US elections being rigged, lockdowns being illegal, out chancellor (Angela Merkel) having to go into imprisonment on remand (fucking lol) amongst other things - oh and she's an anti-vaxxer.

Many of the posts she shares have grammar mistakes, lots of things written in CAPS LOCK and/or pictures with a resolution that shouldn't be allowed anymore.
Oh and of course she also posts these pictures with texts about the world being ignorant about everything and people being sheep etc.
(As you know though, these are the same people that immediately believe any conspiracy about any politician or person they don't like and never question it.)

It's fucking annoying, honestly, it's the dunning kruger-effect in fully display.

>"hahaha, you are so stupid to believe the mainstream media!"
>believes any conspiracy made by some random youtuber upon first hearing without fact-checking it

I'm glad I'm not on social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). I have a number of friends and family whom, if I were exposed to their unfiltered social media opinions, I probably wouldn't want to associate with them any longer.

I think social media goes through cycles. In 2016 I had a bunch of leftist nut family members go apeshit and acted like fucking idiots when Trump won. I assume it's now the same for Right Wingers now that Biden won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back