That one fight you realized when a fighter was out of their prime.

Hendricks against Gastelum. He looked lost for most of the fight.

Cro Cop after coming to the UFC. This still hurts. He was my favorite fighter in Pride and I so wanted him to lay waste to the HW division. Oh well.

I thought Alistair was dead after the Bigfoot, Browne, and Rothwell KOs, but what do I know.

Faber vs Cruz 3, Rashad vs Glover, possibly Holm vs Shevchenko

I'm gonna have to see Faber against somebody else besides Cruz before I decide he's donezo. Cruz is not a good benchmark for that.

tumblr_ob5tncL5Fr1rofocqo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nah. Fedor was out of his prime since his fight with a can named Rogers. He knocked him out, true, but it took him one and a half rounds of competitive action.
yah
Fedor has been out of his prime for a long time
but he recently took a lot of time off
and when he returned he could not make good work of Maldonado

I feel as though this fight may have seriously jeopardized Rory's career as a fighter. He said he's had trouble with his nose breaking in training since then, and it broke again in the fifth round of his fight against Thompson. That's not good for a variety of reasons and the dude is only 26.

Yeah, a roided Bigfoot is impossible to ko, and I was willing to chalk the Henderson loss to a fluke

Werdum and Cormier both beat him. Cormier knocked him out. I would have thought the streak of losses was a sign.

Pulver / Garcia , had a good fight against Faber then got finished by Garcia's brawler style. Sad to see him lose everytime , it's like seeing Old Yelled get shot over and over again.

Gomi / Guida or Jury , Gomi had knocked out Griffin out cold then loses to Guida and somehow I knew but then he started winning some matches and got robbed in the Sanchez fight. Went into the Jury fight and got TKO'd and had two ko/TKO losses after . At this point it's worrying seeing your favorite fighter get finished fight after fight.

Werdum and Cormier both beat him. Cormier knocked him out. I would have thought the streak of losses was a sign.
Werdum out pointed and Cain fought him over 2 years after fedor...in that time they made him stop taking his hgh therapy

Chuck losing a decision to Keith Jardine and then watching him drop fights left and right to fighters he would have tooled rather easily only years before.

I feel as though this fight may have seriously jeopardized Rory's career as a fighter. He said he's had trouble with his nose breaking in training since then, and it broke again in the fifth round of his fight against Thompson. That's not good for a variety of reasons and the dude is only 26.
He even tried to force his way inside range a few times and was having a little success with it, but as soon as he got busted in the nose, he became hesitant and didn´t want to engage again.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, Chuck/Tito II. Sure, Chuck son'd him again, but Tito was landing way too much on the feet. I don't think he touched Chuck in their first fight, but he had some fairly competitive exchanges with Chuck in their second fight despite being noticeably tentative for obvious reasons.

When Shogun fought Vera even though he won I knew we would never see the real Shogun again

If they had held Shogun Machida III that night he would have lost inside a round

Really is too bad about his knees

GSP post knee surgery is another one where even though he was still better than everyone he was never really the same

Back