That fight was funny and cool. Reactions on this forum are weird.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Spearfish CA, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Spearfish CA

Spearfish CA Silver Belt Platinum Member

I mean, I liked this fight so much better than the Diaz fight. At least Silva brought the lols and glimpses of his glory days. It was a fun fight. The decision was... hilarious, but the fight was fun.

I will say though, Silva's chin is gone gone gone and I don't want him to fight anymore. But I'm seeing all these threads about Silva's decline, and besides his chin, he looked better in this fight than the Diaz fight. I really wonder if the fight went the exact same way, but Silva got the nod, we'd probably be seeing a lot of threads about how Silva's back.

I'm also seeing a lot of threads debating the decision -- and I think my take on the decision is clear -- but does it really even matter? Neither guy is relevant, and despite the decision, the fight went the way it went. How you score it isn't really relevant, we all saw what happened. Bisping was overall badly outmatched as expected. Who cares who the judges gave it to, when it's of literally no consequence? We should spend less time bitching (or worse, celebrating) over the decision, and more time just being happy that they put on a memorable show. Well done, old timers.

2. JustinvR

JustinvR Brown Belt

I agree with everything in your post.

Still salty af that Anderson "lost". Wouldnt mind a rematch to put an end to the debate tho.

MTL likes this.
  3. vanderlasers

vanderlasers Orange Belt

Silva is done. He looked way better tonight, but his chin is broken and he has nothing left to prove. Still the MW GOAT, and top 3 P4P, alongside Fedor and GSP.

4. waldywaldy

waldywaldy lol motherfuckers

Church

I thoroughly enjoyed that fight.

Also really enjoyed the Mousasi fight by the way, although I seem to be the only one.

5. Spearfish CA

I think a rematch is unnecessary. He showed how that fight goes. It's not really a match but for Silva fucking around. I'm with the guy who replied after you -- his chin is scary bad and I'd rather he stopped fighting. Especially if he's only fighting to take back a win that means more to Bisping than it ever would to Anderson, and is only at best a symbolic victory anyway.

6. Spearfish CA

Moose did his job but didn't take any risks to make it fun to watch (he even said so)

As with most of his fights, Leites was the reason it sucked.

But let's stay on topic (although I admit I didn't make much of a strong point with this thread lol)

7. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

Agreed. I hate that Anderson "lost" but he clearly beat the crap out of Bisping. I also found myself happy for Bisping when he was saying how much this win meant to him.

Bittersweet to see another weird L on Anderson's record but great fight all around otherwise.

Spearfish CA likes this.
  8. MTL

MTL Brown Belt

Agreed and I agree with TS as well. The way I see it is Bisping won the contest but Anderson won the fight. The only thing that frustrates me is that Anderson had him so badly hurt and if he just decided to be more offensive in the fourth and fifth round he would have finished him for sure.

Oh well. I was actually happy for Bisping even though Anderson is my favourite fighter. It was the biggest fight of his career in his home country, and it clearly meant a lot to him. Overall it was a great fight, I was at the edge of my seat the entire time. I find Anderson fights to be the most intense and thrilling.

9. Abysmal

Abysmal #1 Batiatus Supporter

Anderson pulled a Palhares and made the whole thing hilarious.

10. 84percentcool

84percentcool Cool

Solid points TS. Can't help but agree.

The fight was amazing. Despite the decision - and honestly most of us know MMA judging has a shit system to begin with - it was incredible.
    I'll be watching it again tonight.

11. aerius

aerius Black Belt

It had so much wtf that it was bordering on absurd at times. You watch Silva go from dead serious to the worst clowning around he's ever done, and doing all kinds of dumb crazy shit just because he can. And then that Palhares style celebration at the end of the 3rd with total chaos in the cage and everyone trying to sort shit out. What the hell can you say about this crazy ass shit?

Mr Mayhem likes this.
  12. Spearfish CA

Yeah I think we can all be happy for Bisping.

The only really bad feelings I have about this decision come from the implication that judges are ignoring the fact that their job is to find the more effective fighter. Nothing should get them away from that -- no matter how much you hate clowning or want to "punish" Silva for it, if you're a professional, commission-sanctioned judge, you need to do your damn job.

84percentcool likes this.
  13. Codpiece

Codpiece I was penetrated by a 9’ Johnson

Agreed GnR, good fight. The reactions on here are pretty funny, sadly the result will (has?) spawned a plethora of trolls, needy for attention after years of lackng their mother's love and approval.

Also I just worked out what was going down in your AV. Damn, I am thick sometimes! I though Godzilla was wrecking a city or something....

14. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

That's just the kind of shit Anderson does lol

Spearfish CA likes this.
  15. MRDOG

MRDOG Brown Belt

Clear win for Bisping 3 - 2 . I agree that Anderson looked allot better in this fight than he did against Diaz and his chin doesn`t look to be as good as it was. It was an entertaining fight. I don`t agree that the fighters aren`t relevant. There was only 1 guy that beat Anderson in the last 10 years before this fight. Bisping just put himself either in line for a title shot or a number 1 contenders match. I think he should get the shot.

16. Spearfish CA

No. Silva cannot take a punch and Bisping just got dismantled brutally and one-arm-guillotined (lol) by the champ. Sorry man but this comment is funnywrong.

17. MRDOG

MRDOG Brown Belt

I did over look that he lost to the champ not that long ago before making my comment. He still deserves a number 1 contenders match. I agreed that Anderson chin looks shot. Bisping will be pushed to the top of the pile. Beating Anderson is still a big deal.

18. Mixfight

Mixfight Black Belt

Anderson's chin is gone. He was losing his footing and seeing stars from Bisping punches.

A real puncher would have stopped his brain for good.

Spearfish CA likes this.