That eye poke had a major impact in the fight

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He took away barbozas vision and that sent edson into a do or die mode. Dude started winging recklessly because he was desperate, cornered, with no vision and had no other option to throw strategy to the wind.

Kinda bullshit really.

Not hating, i am a fan of both guys, but thats what i saw.

inb4 the hate, i know im going to get flak for this, but it is what it is.

Punching Barboza on that weak jaw won him the fight.

Nope lol

That was happening regardless. Became obvious the first time Gaethje stormed forwards and rocked Edson and Edson had no answer for it. Eye or no eye that was going to happen over and over until Barboza got stopped

He was throwing the way he was to desperately try and stop the pressure, not because of the eye

The eye poke happened but I'm not sure it changed anything.

tenor.gif

He took away barbozas vision and that sent edson into a do or die mode. Dude started winging recklessly because he was desperate, cornered, with no vision and had no other option to throw strategy to the wind.

Kinda bullshit really.

Not hating, i am a fan of both guys, but thats what i saw.

inb4 the hate
I agree actually.
We never saw a replay and Cruz (I think?) said he saw one that was really bad.

Barboza was by no means winning, but it was very close and we would have seen a lot more violence and good fighting, but Barboza clearly started fighting blind with eye damage.

Nope lol

That was happening regardless. Became obvious the first time Gaethje stormed forwards and rocked Edson and Edson had no answer for it. Eye or no eye that was going to happen over and over until Barboza got stopped

He was throwing the way he was to desperately try and stop the pressure, not because of the eye
Ummmm pretty sure the eye poke was in the midst of the first flurry that rocked him, so to say "he had no answer after getting rocked", you're actually agreeing that after the eyepoke he was a lesser fighter.

Are you sure? Because I'm looking at the replay and I think it was the hook to the fucking temple.

But I mean sure

Ummmm pretty sure the eye poke was in the midst of the first flurry that rocked him, so to say "he had no answer after getting rocked", you're actually agreeing that after the eyepoke he was a lesser fighter.

No lol I wasn't. Barboza had no answer for the pressure, not getting rocked. And the pressure was coming regardless

He also got rocked before his vision was compromised and was getting out kicked because he was too tentative to commit properly and couldn't connect effectively on the back foot. Same story as all of Edson's recent losses, he can't handle effective pressure fighting

I'd have to watch the the fight again. I don't recall seeing an eye poke.

I always drop my hands when i get poked in the eye

Back