That entire fourth round was unnecessary

GiganticMeat

Grasso no gasso
@Blue
Reaction score
That was such an amazing fight, karate vs kung Fu, Holland's unorthodox leaping stuff, Wonderboy down the middle to counter... But it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth that they let that go on so long. Imo, when Holland was limping over, back into the corner, seemingly with a broken rib... It was already obvious he was dealing with a broken hand. In boxing, they would stop it if a fighter isn't fighting back, just waiting to take punishment--much less that this resulted in Holland taking multiple KICKS to the head. Idk man. Didn't need to spend a whole round seeing a dude flinching in the corner.

A strong argument could me made indeed for Holland's longevity and the one sided nature of the fourth. You know a beating is bad when they start talking about how Tough a fighter is so you're not wrong.

A fun round for the fans, but yeah...Holland pretty much backed himself up against the cage like Woodley with one good hand and let Wonderboy whip out moves like he was Hwoarang from Tekken.

That was such an amazing fight, karate vs kung Fu, Holland's unorthodox leaping stuff, Wonderboy down the middle to counter... But it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth that they let that go on so long. Imo, when Holland was limping over, back into the corner, seemingly with a broken rib... It was already obvious he was dealing with a broken hand. In boxing, they would stop it if a fighter isn't fighting back, just waiting to take punishment--much less that this resulted in Holland taking multiple KICKS to the head. Idk man. Didn't need to spend a whole round seeing a dude flinching in the corner.

The corner made the right call..it didn't stop being competitive till the 4th...

Had he gone out for a 5th id agree with u hundred percent

It was the perfect call

A strong argument could me made indeed for Holland's longevity and the one sided nature of the fourth. You know a beating is bad when they start talking about how Tough a fighter is so you're not wrong.

A fun round for the fans, but yeah...Holland pretty much backed himself up against the cage like Woodley with one good hand and let Wonderboy whip out moves like he was Hwoarang from Tekken.
Exactly what I was thinking. Holland just turned 30. It was kinda hard to come to terms with what I was seeing. Even until the third I had my breath held thinking Thompson was going to eat a flash Ko. Never thought it'd come down to breaking Kevin to pieces lmao. Brutal.

I thought I might have heard Holland ask his coach to cut off his glove, rather than the coach making the call on his own. Either way, I agree with TS that the fight should have ended after the 3rd round.
Holland definitely called it. I heard him say "take this off please" with his glove held up. I don't think his broken hand made the fight though. He was a sitting duck and gassed after 2.

Glad the coach ended it
Didn't Dana cut another fighter over his corner stopping it?
I think corner stoppages are great for clearly outmatched fighters but Dana has such a god complex over things like this I can see why fighters don't want it their coaches to call it quits.

Didn't Dana cut another fighter over his corner stopping it?
I think corner stoppages are great for clearly outmatched fighters but Dana has such a god complex over things like this I can see why fighters don't want it their coaches to call it quits.

I remember that, I think. If it's the dude I'm thinking about, he flat out told his corner he wasn't coming back out because he was gassed, and wasn't even taking that much punishment. I also remember people bashing and trashing his corner for being like, "What the hell? Why are you just quitting like that?" Big difference from this fight.

The "groin strike" stoppage was the perfect stopping point IMO. Holland had already turned into a punching bag at that point and it only continued from there.

On the one hand Holland's chin might be compromised from now on. However getting to watch Wonderboy for another 5 minutes was awesome. Wonderboy was on fire.

Last edited:
Back