That annoying friend/relative who challenges you

A 16 year old kid whos helping out at my work thinks he can outgrapple me because he did a few kickboxing classes.

He always asks me questions like: "Do you think you could beat me in a grappling match?" "I mess about in the park with my friends etc and they're pretty tough". "Nothing can beat kickboxing". All he does is stir and spread gossip and annoys everyone at work.

He looks about 60-66kg. Not muscular. Much smaller. Messes about with kids similar his size. Got a yellow belt in judo before he was thrown out for punching a kid in the chest. I know. (when i quizzed him he didn;t even know that judo dealt with submissions).

I am 73kg down from 80, Lean muscle, I strength train, I'm a Judo blue belt (pushing for brown). I'm taller than him. I'm fairly certain I am more flexible and athletic than him also. I've done no-gi judo with friends weighing in excess of 90kg with similar judo experience as that kid (yellow belt) and was in control 100% of the time.

I like my chances. But i just brush it off and invite him to come train at the club.

this kind of stuff is so high school. i don't have anyone come up openly challenging me, but then again, not many people know about what i do. only my closest friends know, and then i get the standard "rolling with men" jokes, but that's all--they're doing it because they're envious, that's all. :D

These 2 kids in my chemistry class always want to fight me now that they know i train in BJJ. I tell them that they are welcome to come to the academy to train with me, but each time I offer they say "Nah, thats cool".

I'm an orange belt in BJJ and i know i could take them both, but i always tell them we can only roll at the academy.

Hahah my cousin is a state champion highschool wrestler.
Needless to say he throws my white belt ass around at every family dinner, hell he even mounts me and armbars me sometimes.

Had not met my older brother for over a year. We hugged and did some mock-fighting. Then he took me to the ground and wanted to do some type of special forces submission he had learned in the army. I took his back and rnc'd him :) Of course, we are a couple of fully grown 100kg men and the 'action' took place in his living room. We messed the place up a bit, but I felt that our relationship afterwards was better than in a long time.

Hahah my cousin is a state champion highschool wrestler.
Needless to say he throws my white belt ass around at every family dinner, hell he even mounts me and armbars me sometimes.

Improve your Newaza so you beat him next time.

Back