Thanks to Sherdog S&P

Mystile

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After about a total of a year and a half of being around here..between lurk time and posting many things have changed for me.....When i first arrived here....

I found out....

- I wasn't as strong as i thought i was
- I had pussy hands
- I wore gloves therefor i was a pussy once again
- Chest Fly's are not an impressive lift to be happy about
- Squats do not kill knees
- I don't need a belt for any exercise i do
- I was doing sohp wrong
- I was squatting wrong

Sherdog also managed to

- Take 15+ lbs off of my sohp by increasing range of motion
- Take 10+ lbs off my bench by increasing range of motion
- Destroy my squat numbers by increasing range of motion
- Make me hate 95% of other people in my gym

The good news is that

- I now go as deep as possible on Squats
- I've improved my grip immensely
- I no longer wear gloves
- Dont wear a belt
- Focus alot more on correct form then big numbers
- I now do dips and Barbell rows
- Deadlifting is one of my favorite exercises

Although i still do things such as chest flys, random curls, and tricep pushdowns...they are now no longer a focus, only secondary exercises

You managed to send me into a self esteem downward spiral resulting in depression only to build me back into a knowledgeable, and better gym goer

For this i thank you all

Is this a goodbye post? Is your sig an indicator that we caused you to commit suicide?

*bow*

Everyone here has eaten their fair share of Humble Pie.

Step away from the ledge, man! You've come so far!!

My first post on SnP resulted in Oiban verbally beating me with a 2x4.

Same here. I was asking about weight vests. But I learned to love that angry bastard. He keeps the d-bags out.

I said something about how heavy deadlifts w/o straps was all the hand and grip training I needed.

Start a long Mystile. If you have one already, name it something interesting that will induce me to actually read it.

It is preety amazing to see how much bullshit there is out in the commercial market of fitness. And how so many people buy into it (myself included). So I add my thanks to Mystile's thanks, for a double serving of thanks.

whats so bad about wearing gloves & belt? my hands get blisters everytime i go without gloves, and the belt is not important, but it helps me keep my back straight.

yah whats wrong with gloves? everyone knows only men have blisters

double post but ill use this one for advice. I use a belt if im trying to pull a max but when im doing my working sets i dont use it because it helps. Thats all there really is to it i guess. If something is helping you... dont you think that that would be a detriment to your strength? Without a belt gives you more strength in your core as you dont have to rely on something keeping you stable.

lol. Same here. I got a bit flamed when I first came in here...as a matter of fact, I think you were one of the few that was nice to me, :D.

But yeah...Im glad I came here and got the right help I needed and learned alot, so I owe a big thanks to the S&P no doubt.

whats so bad about wearing gloves & belt? my hands get blisters everytime i go without gloves, and the belt is not important, but it helps me keep my back straight.

Gloves make your grip weaker when you lift real weights.

Gloves are for poosies.

lol. Same here. I got a bit flamed when I first came in here...as a matter of fact, I think you were one of the few that was nice to me, :D.

But yeah...Im glad I came here and got the right help I needed and learned alot, so I owe a big thanks to the S&P no doubt.

I'm nice to everyone. Except Master Expose, Gotti...actually, I could keep going for awhile.

Back