Thank you Nick Diaz

Thank You Nick Diaz

• Total voters
meh

never a fan
he and his brother have always been deluded and think they deserve something which they don't

nick calling for a title shot after being out for 6 years and a win over bj who is on 9 Ls in a row now

good fighters
but way overrated
and their stupid fans many who are bandwagon jumpers make it even worse

Not easy to Compete after long layoffs, anyone who has competed in any sports at a higher level knows this. That he took on a brawler like Lawler is just amazing, and my respect for Diaz has just increased. Let's hope he fights again, (if he wants to). Great to see Nick got the Respect that he certainly deserved after all these years, from the ufc, espn etc...Nick and Robbie are one of the few remaining fighters from the old school area, let's appreciate that while we can
he got respect to hype up his return... promotional reasons

Lol

not because he is some all time legend... because he is not.. one of the overrated fighter

Sometimes fighters need to be shown it is over, Nick is one of them. Cool he earned some money but took some more unnecessary damage because he is definitely not top talent anymore, hasn't been for a while.

From the starting half-assed spinning shit thrown by Nick, we could see that Nick Diaz wasn't in his usual Triathlon fitness level for this fight.

That being said, Nick stood in there and banged with Robbie Lawler, and Robbie complied...

Nick was visibly far removed from his prime, but showed all the heart of old, till he was out of breath and battered and bleeding.

Thank you Nick Diaz. Me and the boys got together for this. Been a while, especially with covid bs...

We were hyped, and we still are.
Diaz collected a check. Wasn't even motivated enough to make weight. I can't respect that/

From the starting half-assed spinning shit thrown by Nick, we could see that Nick Diaz wasn't in his usual Triathlon fitness level for this fight.

That being said, Nick stood in there and banged with Robbie Lawler, and Robbie complied...

Nick was visibly far removed from his prime, but showed all the heart of old, till he was out of breath and battered and bleeding.

Thank you Nick Diaz. Me and the boys got together for this. Been a while, especially with covid bs...

We were hyped, and we still are.

Was sad to see it end that way

Nick will always be a Stocktonian Legend!

Dude looked stiff as a geriatric but I liked that fight.
I see it as a tune up fight for Diaz.
I hope he gets his weight under control and gets into proper fight camps, and keeps fighting, coming back stronger than ever.
If I were his age, I would do it as a challenge. If you have a purpose in life, esp athletic, it will destroy all the bad habits caused by sedentarism such as alcoholism.

Basically, come on Diaz! I want to see that guy fix his body and health, and come back stronger.

Diaz bros are good, but damn do they make an excuse after each loss.

He looked like a dude that had been retired for half a decade and came back for money.
It was a dumb idea before the fight happened. It's crazy to me that anybody enjoyed it.

You guys defending Nick in this debacle sound like a rabid Conor fans. He literally said “ I’m the best in the world and want to prove it. After I win this, I want Usman”

All fighters say that. If a fighter isn't mentally confident they should never step in the cage.

Nick fans are pathetic. I mean seriously, how exactly are you defending that farce?

He shows up for a paycheck fine, he comes back but doesn't think he will ever come near the title again fine. But not even training at all for this and trying to screw Lawler over with that weight?

How do you idiots defend that? What happened with all the triathlon stuff and always staying in shape? He fucked over the fans and his own legacy by showing up like that.

He clearly showed he can still fight if he trains hard, there was no excuse for that farce yesterday.

Last edited:
All fighters say that. If a fighter isn't mentally confident they should never step in the cage.

There's a difference between confidence and delusion bordering on denial.
Nick Diaz was not conditioned whatsoever for this fight whilst Lawler was, and tried to win this fight based on being game alone.
Diaz needs to take fighting seriously if he should continue.

Can't believe we saw a Diaz gassing after just a minute. It's clear Nick is far away from his prime, but if he comes back in shape he could be in some fun fights. He looked incredibly slow though.

Dude looked stiff as a geriatric but I liked that fight.
I see it as a tune up fight for Diaz.
I hope he gets his weight under control and gets into proper fight camps, and keeps fighting, coming back stronger than ever.
If I were his age, I would do it as a challenge. If you have a purpose in life, esp athletic, it will destroy all the bad habits caused by sedentarism such as alcoholism.

Basically, come on Diaz! I want to see that guy fix his body and health, and come back stronger.
This is the take I came to post. Something was very off with Nick for this camp but he still looked decent in my opinion. If he decides he wants to keep fighting I would love to see what you describe happen. And to be fair, Nick quitting didn’t bother me that much. He’s been doing this for a long time, was coming off a very long layoff and knew he was done. I think more fighters should do it to be honest, but I have a feeling the UFC would punish that behavior unless you’re older and a big name.

I thought Nick looked alright, minus the conditioning part. I expected him to look worse with his hands than he did and not have that output he had.

Really don't see who he could fight worth watching though. That's about the best matchup Nick would get in the top15-20 i imagine. Everyone else probably doesn't oblige and just stand with him.

Thank you for being a punching bag and verbally tapping to strikes

It is poetic that Diaz is younger, beat Robbie the first time even, but yet Robbie became the UFC champ and won tonight - and not only won, but beat Diaz at his own game. If there was ever an advertisement to stick to something, don't do drugs, do not party, do not fall in love with yourself and engage in selfish temporary pleasures, this was it.

Robbie kept on learning and improving, was hitting the gym while Diaz was partying, missing weight and telling everyone he was the best fighter in the world, and we saw the end result.
It would make a good movie

Back