Thailand - I Know I Know

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by HulmeHardy**, Jul 30, 2010.

1. HulmeHardy**

HulmeHardy** Green Belt

Yes I know theres many threads on here and ive just spent over a hour reading the Q&A's and tbh I feel a lil overwhelmed. So if people could just answer the few questions i have o would be grateful. And trust me i have done plenty research.

Im Lookin at goin firstly to break this shitty routine and also to help with my poor motivation(i have depression) to get a better lifestyle an to develop a routine an become a better fighter both standing and on the ground but i will prolly wanna do at least two mnths on standing .

Anyways im lookin at goin for 3 mnths with the flight prolly being the most expensive thing.
    Heres My Queries

Im Not looking at staying at at anywhere exclusive for that time prolly do 3 gyms or 2 ive seen the gym Sinbi mentioned plenty of times so i think that will be my first stop but i see that looks like a pure Muay Thai gym i dont mind doing this but i would like also to go somewhere they do some mma stuff as thats what i want to do. Although do many people who attend Sinbi practice BJJ cos im sure you could roll in free time??
    I Dont really wanna stay anywhere with shared bathrooms either(well 2 bathrooms between many people) so i assume that would mean off-site accomodation - and i also would like to enjoy a bit of the nightlife on the weekends and obviously from what ive read theres not really any half n half - you're rather in a closed off place or in a tourist zone so thats part of the reason why i want to travel (plus its the first proper holiday i would of had)

So If you could recommend anything that would help - i mostly need to know the best gyms where i can really learn and become better fitness wise and technically Good places to relax after a hard works training and the average cost for a month, living in offsite accomodation with normal eating and a month in the gym - Plus what i havent read is if you can have money sent out cos if so that would be excellent(as in money exprees n shit (in UK))

ive prolly missed shit out but anyhelp is much app

And if theres any peeps going that way in the nr future(im looking at goin before end of year) maybe ya can help me out either if its ya 1st time or ur a vet, dont worry i dont kill people or anything,haha.

2. Pragmatic

Pragmatic Blue Belt

Look at some of the places to train in Phuket(dragon or tiger MT, for example) these places are secluded, yet you can ride a few KM into a large tourist city. I haven't been so I can't answer most of your questions, however I will be going here within around 6 months.

3. HulmeHardy**

HulmeHardy** Green Belt

Well if you get more serious around the time lemme know - and then maybe you could tell me what real sizzurp taste like,hahahaha

4. shouldercharge

shouldercharge Dave Camarillo idoliser

i'm either going to thailand or brazil for 3 months starting at the end of november if i go to thailand it will be tiger.mma classes every afternoon (wich is the mma striking classes,taken by a couple of pro mma fighters and some thai trainers) and i'll be alternating morning classes between mma(grappling) and muay thai.

3 nights a week they also have gi bjj classes taken by a brazilian black belt.

my main foucs if i go to thailand will ofcourse be muaythai but if i can improve my submission game a little while there too then that will be a bonus.

5. Payak

Payak Brown Belt Professional Fighter

if your worried about sharing toilets think twice.
    i once had to share 1 toilet with an entire floor of an apartment block.
    most times i just pissed of my balcony.
    sometimes the crazy and unusual experience are the most rewarding and life changing.
    in my youth we never had a toilet at all.
    pick a good camp, go and enjoy the experience, fighting experience and otherwise.

6. HulmeHardy**

HulmeHardy** Green Belt

^^^ Im not too bothered by sharing its just i did that shit in care,hahaha -
    but anyways from what ive read on this forum it looks like you would be the most reliable as a source -

But anyways hom much money woold be enough for a comfortable 3 months - my only real worry is running outta money, but if i can get sum sent out that would make my trip hella easier

7. Ryukyu Damashi

Ryukyu Damashi Ryukyu Damashi

Plan $1000 usd a month for Phuket. A bit less if you go north. Even less if you go to the northeast.

8. HulmeHardy**

HulmeHardy** Green Belt

So For Me Thats Around

9. shouldercharge

would that include accomodation?

10. Ryukyu Damashi

11. Sok Ti

Sok Ti White Belt

i'd say even abit more. i think i was spending around 40,000 a month when i was down there. Although i was spending a bit more than i usually do just cause of the people i was hanging aorund with.

12. shouldercharge

what about training?

13. Ryukyu Damashi

Ok, lets add it up.

Training = $300 a month
    Fan room outside of the gym = $150 a month
    (Aircon room = $250 month + electric)
    (Motorbike = $100 month)
    Food = $200 month if you eat 3 meals a day of Thai food
    Water = $15 month for the huge 10 liter white bottles (120 baht deposit/15 baht refill)

So $665 if you live in a fan room and don't get a motorbike.