THAIFIGHT promotion "GLOVES" GIMMICK

Do you know where I can get a pair?

No I have no idea... never seen anything quite like it but I would be curious as they look like great training gloves for people just starting out with blocking kicks

Back in my old PKA kickboxing days I often wore forearm pads to protect my arms from shins...

of course this wasn't legal in competition

In a lot of American states all striking surfaces had to be padded back in the old days so kickboxers were required to wear boots, Shins and traditional boxing gloves

DonKickF.jpg

Last edited:
Muay Thai without gloves is essentially WLC Lethwei minus the headbutts, no?

No gloves makes the contest rediclious

Injuries like career ending lacerations become more common and contestants cant throw as hard as they are worried about breaking their hands

"Bare knuckle" contests are a silly hype train derailment

I remeber when tank abbott was murdering guys in his 1st few UFC matches

I believe he was the 1st UFC contestant to wear gloves and the results were undeniably clear

No gloves makes the contest rediclious

Injuries like career ending lacerations become more common and contestants cant throw as hard as they are worried about breaking their hands

"Bare knuckle" contests are a silly hype train derailment

I remeber when tank abbott was murdering guys in his 1st few UFC matches

I believe he was the 1st UFC contestant to wear gloves and the results were undeniably clear

No gloves make the contest realistic, and while you are more likely to get lacerations the threat of broken hands and wrists means you are less likely to get the artificial scenario where guys just throw hands until someone has a concussion. Not that I prefer no gloves, just that different rules have their pros and cons. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

No gloves make the contest realistic, and while you are more likely to get lacerations the threat of broken hands and wrists means you are less likely to get the artificial scenario where guys just throw hands until someone has a concussion. Not that I prefer no gloves, just that different rules have their pros and cons. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

The minimal MMA glove is the best option as it allows grappling while protecting the hands of the fighters allowing them to train spar and fight whie developing their skills over decades instead of the "realistic" no gloves style where everybody has broken down hands and bleed like stuck pigs on the 3rd strike due to scar tissue in their 3 year fighting career

While the modern boxing glove can lead to brain damage due to the volume of head shots tolerated rather than the cuncussive impact that the MMA gloves impart that will end the contest much quicker

to your point on realism... in most street fights guys go on adrenaline and throw broken hands with full speed and power

it's the next day when they can't hold onto a pen to write their name that they realize they have shattered bones and done irreparable damage to their nerves

I worked as a bouncer for over a decade and have seen this senario many times

Nobody feels the damage they are doing to their hands when they fight the first few times but the soon realize that in order to develop any level of fighting skills the would be forced to protect their hands

I taped both my hands/wrists and feet/ankles everyday that I engaged in any serious sparring and i still have permanent pain in one knuckle

The minimal MMA glove is the best option as it allows grappling while protecting the hands of the fighters allowing them to train spar and fight whie developing their skills over decades instead of the "realistic" no gloves style where everybody has broken down hands and bleed like stuck pigs on the 3rd strike due to scar tissue in their 3 year fighting career

While the modern boxing glove can lead to brain damage due to the volume of head shots tolerated rather than the cuncussive impact that the MMA gloves impart that will end the contest much quicker

to your point on realism... in most street fights guys go on adrenaline and throw broken hands with full speed and power

it's the next day when they can't hold onto a pen to write their name that they realize they have shattered bones and done irreparable damage to their nerves

I worked as a bouncer for over a decade and have seen this senario many times

Nobody feels the damage they are doing to their hands when they fight the first few times but the soon realize that in order to develop any level of fighting skills the would be forced to protect their hands

I taped both my hands/wrists and feet/ankles everyday that I engaged in any serious sparring and i still have permanent pain in one knuckle
I found that wrapping the hands well together with compact bag mitts was the least punishing on the hands. For instance top king open thumb bag mitts.

Softer gloves (12 oz and up) were better suited for sparring IMO because the padding tends to become compressed after a while if you do a lot of pad/bag work. Had to give up on training in them because of knuckle pain. Isn't the risk of injury higher from daily over load rather than from single shots with mma gloves?

I found that wrapping the hands well together with compact bag mitts was the least punishing on the hands. For instance top king open thumb bag mitts.

Softer gloves (12 oz and up) were better suited for sparring IMO because the padding tends to become compressed after a while if you do a lot of pad/bag work. Had to give up on training in them because of knuckle pain. Isn't the risk of injury higher from daily over load rather than from single shots with mma gloves?

you shouldn't use sparring gloves for bag work...save them for the ring or pads but bags are too hard and break them down

I use heavy duty bag gloves exclusively for bag work and have separate soft gloves for sparring...buy good bag gloves and wharm up alot to save your hands long term pain

as a super heavy weight we wear 18 oz sparring gloves and they definitely reduced the impact of your punch

I think there is a very interesting tipping point where the glove become so soft and big that it is less concussive yet on the other end of the spectrum so small and minimal that it hits like a truck and ironically it seems to be healthier to be hit a couple times and KOed rather than taking 12 rounds of punishment from a "softer" glove

I participated in MMA, Muay Thai and boxing throughout my training career and without a doubt boxing left me the most dizzy after a training session

you are not allowed to hold or "tie up" your opponant in boxing and that puts you in the "pocket" for much more time...i can remember being "drunk" after a few hours in the boxing gym and taking a cold shower to "wake up" after I got home

Any boxer knows that feeling...

even tho you never hit the canvas your head stays just a bit "fuzzy" for a while

In contrast in Muay Thai and especially MMA if you get rocked you can tie up with your opponent and survive much easier whereas in boxing you are forced to either man up and throw back or shell up and try to take the pounding

Because of the particular rules and gloves boxing is way more damaging to your brain than Muay Thai or MMA respectively

the million-dollar question would be if they used MMA gloves for boxing theoretically the fight would end much quicker and you would never see these long 12 round wars that are the main cause of fatalities in the ring

back in the old days Mexican and Thai style gloves had a lot more padding around the wrist that allowed better blocking whereas american boxing gloves did not...

Thai gloves had free thumbs and were flexible to allow grappling

this was also a factor in safety as your shell and grapple was much more effective if you used Mexican or Thai style gloves

I was told that i had an exceptional shell and could really cover up when my opponant attacked...I think this had a lot to do with my glove choice as in later years (with MMA gloves) punches could blast thru much more and did more damage when they landed

In sparring muaythai I could tie up or shell up and survive whereas in boxing holding is illegal and you have to block with boxing style gloves so more punches that are harder to stop end up getting through more often...

MMA is the healthiest of fight sports as you spend far less time getting hit Better to hit em with a sloppy takedown attempt and pull guard if you have to survive rather than remain in a standing shell with gloves that hit hard but dont put you down yet pound you for 12 rounds

I was recently browsing Muay Thai and ran across this promotion

Frankly I can't stand that bare-knuckle garbage and while this is significantly different than that the traditional roots from whence it came are turned into a gimmick in modern times

Muay Thai gloves are important for a lot of reasons

I like thumb free more flexible boxing gloves and better yet MMA training style gloves like the original Shooto design however this is a step too far

Sanitation, safety and the overall contest must be affected by this choice

It's called muay boran and it's part of their culture. I bet you think bareknuckle boxing is the devil lol

artem-bkf-1200-660x400.jpg

Last edited:
It's called muay boran and it's part of their culture. I bet you think bareknuckle boxing is the devil lol

artem-bkf-1200-660x400.jpg

Just stupid...

Really stupid

Get some gloves on guys

You can hit harder with a gloved fist and it makes the sport more civilised because people are less likely to sustain major life-altering lacerations and severe injury

They cook meth in harlin ky

Part of their culture

Only bloodthirsty fake wrestling Fanboys want to see people get hurt

Just stupid...

Really stupid

Get some gloves on guys

You can hit harder with a gloved fist and it makes the sport more civilised because people are less likely to sustain major life-altering lacerations and severe injury

They cook meth in harlin ky

Part of their culture

Only bloodthirsty fake wrestling Fanboys want to see people get hurt

There's gloves in Thai Fight anyway, it's not bare knuckle.

There's gloves in Thai Fight anyway, it's not bare knuckle.

Yeah

some knowledgeable dudes posted some pictures of it early in this thread

kind of a silly gimmick to wrap over that glove

ojust fight with those gloves

The wraps are a gimmick

Yeah so knowledgeable dudes posted some pictures of it early in this thread kind of a silly gimmick to wrap over that glove be out of just fight with those gloves as is the wraps are a gimmick

I'm the one who pointed out there's MMA gloves underneath.

You also seem to completely miss why they cover the gloves, it's just to make it look like what it was back in the day.

First you complain that it's bare knuckle and when you find out it's not now you complain that they cover the gloves, come on just stop moaning already. If you don't like it don't watch it.

Really? Why not just use MMA gloves?

Because they want to make it look traditional while protecting the fighters, and because it's also part of the marketing.

Gloves
I never taped my hands or feet (feet lol really?).
I even used the same gloves for sparring, bag work and pad work...
When i had a fight i didnt tape or anything to, i only wore those muay thai ankle braces for the grip on slippery canvasses. Offcourse not in my mma fights, lol heelhooks...
Never got pain in my knuckles, never broke anything.

Maybe you dont know how to throw properly?
Not everybody is made for boxing/kicking.

I'm the one who pointed out there's MMA gloves underneath.

You also seem to completely miss why they cover the gloves, it's just to make it look like what it was back in the day.

First you complain that it's bare knuckle and when you find out it's not now you complain that they cover the gloves, come on just stop moaning already. If you don't like it don't watch it.

I dont "watch" it

Just noticed they were trying to trick people with a cheap GIMMICK

thanks for exposing the GIMMICK

Back