THAIFIGHT promotion "GLOVES" GIMMICK

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
I was recently browsing Muay Thai and ran across this promotion

Frankly I can't stand that bare-knuckle garbage and while this is significantly different than that the traditional roots from whence it came are turned into a gimmick in modern times

Muay Thai gloves are important for a lot of reasons

I like thumb free more flexible boxing gloves and better yet MMA training style gloves like the original Shooto design however this is a step too far

Sanitation, safety and the overall contest must be affected by this choice

Resized_20200310_112252.jpeg Resized_20200310_112321.jpeg

Last edited:
I think Thai Fight concept is more of a TV show for entertainment than a competitive sport format.

I think Thai Fight concept is more of a TV show for entertainment than a competitive sport format.

Curious

Its clearly a sanctioned MT event

Are they gonna dip their hands in glass for the final?

It's basically MT in MMA gloves, and there's nothing wrong with that. It gives us something a bit different than just "classic" MT in boxing gloves.

It's basically MT in MMA gloves, and there's nothing wrong with that. It gives us something a bit different than just "classic" MT in boxing gloves.

Those are far from MMA gloves

Looks like jean claude garbage

Curious

Its clearly a sanctioned MT event

Are they gonna dip their hands in glass for the final?
They're real fights of course. But often it's Thai vs cans for entertainment. Lots of nasty knockouts.

Sanitation and safety? I watch stuff like Lethwei, MX, Muay Hardcore and Thai Fight for violence and brutality. Thankfully southeast Asia was untouched by the puritan movement. Its also good because it creates many new economic opportunities for local fighters.

They are MMA gloves underneath which they tape over to make it look like it's just ropes.

A ha!!!

How do you know that?

All makes sense now...

They're real fights of course. But often it's Thai vs cans for entertainment. Lots of nasty knockouts.

Yes I agree seems to be the method of operation

Typical thai strategy

Very entertaining!!!

Sanitation and safety? I watch stuff like Lethwei, MX, Muay Hardcore and Thai Fight for violence and brutality. Thankfully southeast Asia was untouched by the puritan movement. Its also good because it creates many new economic opportunities for local fighters.

....Riiiiiite

Maybee you can get onto some midget knife fighting if you look hard enough

A ha!!!

How do you know that?

All makes sense now...
This is a picture pf the glove under the rope and tape wrapping
gloveMMA.jpg

Great training gloves as they protect the forearm but certainly its exorbitantly expensive

Thai style gloves used to have free thumbs and more wrist padding

Modern boxing gloves mess up the grapple

A cool hybrid would probably sell well

Back