Thai pads

NUNZIO

White Belt
Reaction score
For the life of me I go over this site and read all the commenst on thai pads and what to get. So just let me say this is "title" brand or "twins" brand good enough. If those damn hyabusa ones werent so friggin big I would get those. And I just dont like the curve ones for some reason or I would get the fairtex brand

At my Gym we have several brands:

Fairtex Standard; Great all around. Not too hard or soft. Last forever.
Ours are 10 years old+
Firm core with softer pad around it.

Cageside MMA; built like a tank. On the firm side. Lightweight.
Firm core without the soft pad.

Boon; Soft. My kicks and elbows penetrate too much on them.
Ring To Cage; curved deluxe...LUXURY comfort. Gel pad in the straps

At my Gym we have several brands:

Fairtex Standard; Great all around. Not too hard or soft. Last forever.
Ours are 10 years old+
Firm core with softer pad around it.

Cageside MMA; built like a tank. On the firm side. Lightweight.
Firm core without the soft pad.

Boon; Soft. My kicks and elbows penetrate too much on them.
Ring To Cage; curved deluxe...LUXURY comfort. Gel pad in the straps

Wow, you guys have a variety of equipment. I think that's a true testament to CageSide since you're always recommending them.

Have you any furhter experience with other RingToCage gear? I'm interested in their Gel Bag gloves.

I wish someone would develop thai pads with a different handle design. Something with a handle that sticks straight out..

For a few reasons:

1. That's the way you'd actually block kicks.
2. I have a plate in my arm - getting kicked, even with a pad on...is no bueno, hurts like hell.

The "blade" of your forearm would take the hit.

That would be killer for me..

Ya, the Title standards are pretty good. Boons are a bit soft (imo). Twins are pretty awesome, but bulky.

I want to order the Cagesides but I've been having a lot of problems getting my stuff from them due to Canadian Customs and the lack of a tracking number.

Cageside "DIESEL" Thai Pads * 1 Year Warranty

boomatuna

Wow, those do look legit.

I've been using a pair of KO Fightgear's Extra Thick Thai Pads and they are incredible. They were relatively cheap and they aren't just built like a tank, they're built like a tank wearing two more tanks for the fun of it. I would strongly recommend them and Neil gives fantastic customer service.

I wish someone would develop thai pads with a different handle design. Something with a handle that sticks straight out..

For a few reasons:

1. That's the way you'd actually block kicks.
2. I have a plate in my arm - getting kicked, even with a pad on...is no bueno, hurts like hell.

The "blade" of your forearm would take the hit.

That would be killer for me..

I agree, I can't believe no one has made pads that are more comfortable to hold.

We just got in our latest "Special Edition" Thai pads with a targeting system in our pads/mitts section. Might want to add them to your list of checking them out,

Good luck,

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

Wow, you guys have a variety of equipment. I think that's a true testament to CageSide since you're always recommending them.

Have you any furhter experience with other RingToCage gear? I'm interested in their Gel Bag gloves.

We have a bunch of "R2C" (their cheap line) focus mitts.
They are cheap and LIGHT but holding up well.
Then we have some or their Deluxe curved Mitts which are REALLY NICE just like the deluxe Thai Pads.

Their Gloves seem to run a size small.
We got some of their IMF Gloves and the quality was on par with the Ringside IMF tech but they were smaller.

the cageside thai pads looked pretty hard core and a 1year warranty to boot nice

we only have one style thick medium density thai pads right now and plan on bringing different styles in the future as i noticed like every other piece of equipment, everyone prefers something different.

like me personally i love soft thai pads like the thai smai which i assume would be similar to the boons in density. and i hate hard ass rock thai pads. but others feel completely opposite about it

Those are some nice look Thai-pads, warrior-one.com.

Are those pull-through or fold-over straps on the back?

I only use small pads. My Boon smalls lasted about a year of hard use before the padding was too soft for kicks. I still use them for punch training. The leather is great, but the padding is not.

I recently picked up a pair of Twins medium velcros when I was in Thailand. They are a new design with air vents on the top and bottom. I only have about 15 rounds on them. But my new class starts next week, so they will get a lot of use.

I'll do a review in a bit, just want to get a few more rounds in on them.

Back