Thai Khalil Rountree = Jon Jones' worst match-up

Jon’s opponents don’t have to attack his legs. What they really need to do is learn to shut down HIS kicking game.

Without his kicks, Jon isn’t much of a striker. And given how he seems to limp after every fight, I guarantee that Jon cannot handle a couple of hard checks and will stop attacking your legs immediately.
giphy.gif

Couldn't do any worse than Smith or Gus, who basically did nothing. To beat someone like Jones you have to go for it and be willing to go out on your shield if it doesn't work out. No risk no reward. Standing around being content that he isn't finishing you right now or trying to make it a light sparring match is not going to get the job done.

He is also a disciple of the Just Bleed Gods and will have no problem going out on his shield and remain the savage that he is.

This is what I thought going into the Smith vs Jones fight, and he shit the bed. Smith, in 45 pro fights, had only gone to decision 3 times before facing Jones.

I really hope Santos doesn't turn in the same kind of lame performance.

Rampage threw some
Yeah that was easily his best success. 5 for 5 landed, should've thrown more & to the calf where it's much harder to catch for a takedown. And a much higher chance of changing the fight with 1 shot like Mouse vs Cejudo(survived) & The guy who beat Chandler at MSG.

And we need to remember that was a Rampage who got the title shot off a boring ass decision vs Hammill & a controversial split decision over Machida. Not exactly prime Rampage.

I think peak Thiago Santos is going to do some real damage to that leg.

Back