Thai Khalil Rountree = Jon Jones' worst match-up

Jones takedowns would be hindered if he has his legs beat up.

We've never seen anyone truly target Jon Jones' skinny legs inside the octagon as a gameplan. Imagine what Khalil would do to Jones' legs with just 1 leg kick. I sincerely believe that not Johnny Walker, not DC, not Stipe, but Thai Khalil is Jones' worst match-up.

Discuss
Jon is a ring IQ genius. I think he'd neutralize Khalil's leg kicks with his front push kicks.

Obviously lol. Just saying he doesn't have to be Ricardo Arona to have some powerful leg kicks. You can tell both of those gifs he is throwing a solid leg kick and landing flush but Jones knows how to take them and he eats em up with his chicken legs no issue at all.

Sherdoggers have cried and cried for as long as Jones has been a thing to chop down his legs. We've seen guys try, its not something that works. 1.) Jones is better at it than you lol. Fighting at distance is his world and if you want to throw leg kicks RIP to your obliques. 2.) His wrestling is too good and we've seen him catch kicks.
It’s still a bum.

We haven’t seen jones fight a legit striker yet who will punish them legs

We've never seen anyone truly target Jon Jones' skinny legs inside the octagon as a gameplan. Imagine what Khalil would do to Jones' legs with just 1 leg kick. I sincerely believe that not Johnny Walker, not DC, not Stipe, but Thai Khalil is Jones' worst match-up.

Discuss
I agree, no one has targeted JJ’s legs. I think that would be a great tactic to implement

obviously rountree looked amazing, like a completely different fighter.

but for fuck sakes he's on a 1 fight win streak so let's see if he can beat someone better than anders first lmao, unless rountree develops some insane TDD jones just takes him down and treats him like a child.

Alright,now you're just getting silly.

Let's not get crazy, but Sagat Khalil is one on the wildest one fight transformations I've ever witnessed. Hell of a guy too, heh

Last I remember it’s the muscle tissue that hurts when getting kicked in the leg. Not the bone.

If anything it would be a bad idea to kick someone like Jon Jones in the leg.

Walker and Rumble if he came back have the best shot, and I don't mean they actually gave a chance of winning, they would both lose, but they have the best punchers chance

UberRumble could KO a hippopotamus in round one.

After that Rumble gets tired.

If Roundtree moves to Russia to tighten up his wrestling similar to how he moved to Thailand to tighten up his already solid stand up, he could give Bones a better test than present.

If they fought under leg kicks only rules Jones would still win.

Jones has an 8 inch reach advantage. No one at LHW will beat him. He's got a mutant body, and only someone of similar measurement would be able to deal with him. Likely why he avoids HW like the plague, where his reach isn't a significant advantage in most cases.

Throwing kicks opens you up for take downs, that’s not a great idea against jones

He has a solid chance of beating jones only if he can stop jones takedown

I wanna see Jones/Walker more than anything at LHW, he negates Jones's height/reach and has looked superhumanly dangerous on the feet so far. Jones would obviously still be the heavy favourite but at least he wouldnt be able to control range and just calmly chip away all night.

Back