Text messages from strangers.

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by odog, Jan 16, 2015.

1. odog

odog A cat trapped in a dog's body

Now that texting has almost replaced phone calls I guess it is no surprise that sometimes people text the wrong people. Yesterday I received the following text:

"Hey it's Wayne from the mall EXACTLY one month ago! FYI: I like being the big spoon. But I've been known to do little spoon, hehe. I'm also a fantastic fork. Ugh, I'm out of forks right now. It's so annoying because I don't own a dishwasher. Technically I do but it's such a piece of shit. It doesn't work. What were we talking about?"

Now I'm pretty sure that I wasn't giving out my number to dudes at the mall a month ago, nor was I discussing cutlery with anyone.

So I am assuming that when this dude hit on some chick she told him that the holidays were busy so he could text her next month. Then she gave him the wrong number anyways. So he probably spent the next month writing that gem.

Before anyone suggests it, I am not planning on trolling this dude. If he writes again, I'll just let him know he got brushed off.

So has anyone else had any amusing or confusing wrong texts? Feel free to post any amusing ones you have seen on the net as well.

2. Bukowski82

Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

lol. Wayne bringing that 'C' level texting game...

3. 5crew

5crew Black Belt

I had a Rachel that texted me few years back. Something along the line of,

"Hey guys, it's Rachel. I'm collecting the $? for the textbooks that Mrs. x helped us purchase. Please bring the money on Monday"
    I replied: "Hi Rachel, I'm pretty sure you have the wrong number. I'm no longer studying. Enjoy your studies"
    She replied :" Opps, sorry. *embarrassed smiley"

I then proceeded to save her number as "Unknown Rachel". I was 2x, I'm presuming she was 14~16 and a class rep.

I shouldn't have said the last paragraph

4. Slobodan

Slobodan Вело ;) Staff Member Senior Moderator

Something like that happened to me years ago. I got a text from some guy thinking I was his cousin, then he got mad at me thinking I was fucking with him when I told him he got the wrong number.

5. AznCezi187

AznCezi187 Brown Belt

He wants spoon with you ts

6. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

A couple of years ago I would get weird text messages, voicemails and calls in the middle of the night from mostly Arab and Turkish men about that their wives just went into labor. The messages/calls were in poor Dutch, like telegrams ("My wife now water spray, you come now!") and it turned out I had taken over the old phone number from a doctor Hermans. Some dudes were flippin' the fuck out, accusing me of "not want do job in night". :icon_lol: It lasted for about half a year, then I changed my number again.

7. jerzey devil

jerzey devil Jerzey-Duz-It

At a restaurant, because the customer is always ri
    Whoever had my phone number before me (some dude named Paul) either sells guns or fixes them because I have gotten multiple calls and texts from multiple people asking Paul about guns. I ignored them for a while but now when I get a text for him I just text back that Paul got a new number. It happened too often to keep ignoring it.

8. 22k

22k ベルセルク Yellow Card

my work phone is a Cali number, so I get random texts/messages from time to time asking for Ray. it's always "hey I'm in town, where are you?" late at night here, but then I remember Cali is 3 hours behind

9. Hankooks

Hankooks Stronger than you. Double Yellow Card

Received a text claiming that the local hotel was booked and they didn't know where they could stay a while back. Informed them of another hotel within 5 miles and they responded with "they have vacancies omg" or something similar and then a "who is this?" an hour later or so.

Good deed accomplished.

10. Bobby Boulders

Bobby Boulders My Lovin' Is Digi Platinum Member

I got texts for about two weeks once from a lady wanting to talk about Josh's behavior in class and to please call her back at my convenience. This went on and on until I finally text her back and asked what Josh had done this time. She started a laundry list and finally said it would be easier to please call her and I didn't. So after about half an hour she called and left a voicemail sounding completely agitated and so I text her back and told her I have no idea who Josh is but if he's as annoyed by her as I am I don't blame him for raising hell in her class. I never heard from the lady again.

11. voxom

voxom Red Belt

got a few texts from NY area codes. one was talking about how happy they met someone like me(who ever they thought my number belonged to) last night, another was a nude selfie of some girl, then one or two completely forgettable ones.

12. 22k

22k ベルセルク Yellow Card

@bobby hahaha

13. RumDiaries

RumDiaries Banned Banned

I received a wrong picture text yesterday of a little girl(probably 8ish) sporting some glasses she had obviously just gotten as the text following was "Her new glasses". I texted back they have the wrong number, then the Canadian in me finished with, "But they look great!".

14. Baseball Choke

Baseball Choke Brown Belt

I've had my same number for almost 10 years. So I rarely get random texts. But seeing some of these I wish I did

15. odog

odog A cat trapped in a dog's body

Lol

16. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Okay USA Platinum Member

Prank set up a date and have him meet you somewhere and laugh.

17. 22k

22k ベルセルク Yellow Card

man I remember I unknowingly sent a text to this hot Colombian chick I knew professionally, "yo man, we're going out, Lenny's pissed & wants to meet bitches & burn blunts".

it wasn't till weeks later at a lunch meeting I see her & she pulls me to the side & shows me the text. I always tried to be the cool cat, all professional & proper in front of her & that totally caught me off guard. thankfully she was loaded up on sangria & totally chill about it.

18. Bobby Boulders

Bobby Boulders My Lovin' Is Digi Platinum Member

Lenny sounds like my type of guy...

19. spin

spin Gold Belt Platinum Member

Who tries to connect after a month?

20. Kim Jong Un

Kim Jong Un Absolute Boss

Does sherdog know about Jacobear?