Texas vs US Appeals court. war against women

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-...seen-facing-long-odds-in-fight-on-limits.html

Texas under the bigot greg abbot is gung ho to make an already hard choice for women less easy and to shame them. Lets not forget this new governor hates gays to add to his close mindedness.

Casting barely literate aspersions against a governor isn't a great way to start a thread civilly. Add in a red herring about him "hating gays" and I sincerely wonder why this has six pages of replies.

How well does that advice work?
Despite the "best" efforts of social conservatives, abstinence focused education doesn't work.

If only that's what was taught at home and in schools. Our society does not value, teach or promote chastity. I teach it, but sex is everywhere as you know. When I watch a football game, I have to make my kids turn away for some of those commercials. Probably most parents don't. Most kids probably are on the computer, watching tv unmonitored. And I think all this has had a bad effect on society.

If only that's what was taught at home and in schools. Our society does not value, teach or promote chastity. I teach it, but sex is everywhere as you know. When I watch a football game, I have to make my kids turn away for some of those commercials. Probably most parents don't.
It's never worked, anywhere, ever. Even when unmarried mothers were socially ostracized and cast out it didn't work. Even in brutal islamic societies--which share most of your social views--it doesn't work.

It's never worked, anywhere, ever. Even when unmarried mothers were socially ostracized and cast out it didn't work. Even in brutal islamic societies--which share most of your social views--it doesn't work.

I waited (I was no angel though). Probably most people in my family waited. There are still some people that do wait. Although it's rare now.

What about the war on unborn babies. That's what we should be sad about. When you see your own child born, you know what I'm talking about.

That might have some kind of merit if there was some form of 100% sure contraception, however there is not. But I guess rape victims, people with failed birth control etc should just be forced to have babies because you think some bearded guy in the sky said it. Your God is a wonderfull excuse to be a hatefull bigot and intrude in other peoples lives where you have no fucking bussiness being.

That might have some kind of merit if there was some form of 100% sure contraception, however there is not. But I guess rape victims, people with failed birth control etc should just be forced to have babies because you think some bearded guy in the sky said it. Your God is a wonderfull excuse to be a hatefull bigot.

If you don't want a kid, don't have sex. Also, where are all these rape victims who got pregnant from being raped?

If only that's what was taught at home and in schools. Our society does not value, teach or promote chastity. I teach it, but sex is everywhere as you know. When I watch a football game, I have to make my kids turn away for some of those commercials. Probably most parents don't. Most kids probably are on the computer, watching tv unmonitored. And I think all this has had a bad effect on society.

Damn those kids on the computer gaining knowledge. Let

I waited (I was no angel though). Probably most people in my family waited. There are still some people that do wait. Although it's rare now.
It's always been rare, it is not a general solution or reasonable suggestion.

It's always been rare, it is not a general solution or reasonable suggestion.

I disagree. It's the only real solution. Everything else brings another set of problems and it doesn't work. Abstinence works every time it's practiced.

I disagree. It's the only real solution. Everything else brings another set of problems and it doesn't work. Abstinence works every time it's practiced.
Well, can't argue with that. I mean, the fact that humans don't ever generally practice it is irrelevant I guess.

Have to wonder about the mentality of people who shut down all the abortion clinics and then bitch about welfare children.

Bunch of slobbering dipshits. And that's just looking at it logically, never mind the constitutional and women's rights abuses.

LOL I told that to my stepdad in 2012. He said "why should I pay for some ladies abortion?" And I said you're paying either way. Abortion or welfare, abortion seems more cost effective.

Well, can't argue with that. I mean, the fact that humans don't ever generally practice it is irrelevant I guess.

It's relevant. But I think we need to promote the solution that always works and is always best for the kid. Any thing else, teaching safe sex, teaching masturbation, teaching sex without intercourse will have it's consequences. As you know I think we should promote sexual purity (even though none of us are completely pure) we should be teaching kids to have more modesty, respect and self control. Tell them to get their life in order, go win a girl's heart, get married for life and then have sex and kids.

It's relevant. But I think we need to promote the solution that always works and is always best for the kid. Any thing else, teaching safe sex, teaching masturbation, teaching sex without intercourse will have it's consequences. As you know I think we should promote sexual purity (even though none of us are completely pure) we should be teaching kids to have more modesty, respect and self control. Tell them to get their life in order, go win a girl's heart, get married for life and then have sex and kids.
While I know the answer, and don't actually care, I'm tempted to ask "Why?". I won't ask that though because I know and don't care.

i used to be super-liberal about this issue and be all for a woman's right to abort. and if it comes down to it, i still feel that way.

the thing that gets me, is the people who say that it's not murder. it IS murder. just because you have the law on your side to end a life, does not mean that you're not killing a living thing. so women can abort all they want. fine. just don't tell me that you're some kind of moral beacon for humanity. you are a murderer. and you have to live with that.

They take comfort after their politicians de-humanize the living thing within their body. They can then justly scramble it because a democrat said it's okay. I have no problem with this (other than having no respect for the killer/aborter) but I can only hope, that deep down inside they realized they murdered a life. The second the zygote is formed, it is a human. There is no arbitrary line that a democrat can place and determine where life beings.

They take comfort after their politicians de-humanize the living thing within their body. They can then justly scramble it because a democrat said it's okay. I have no problem with this (other than having no respect for the killer/aborter) but I can only hope, that deep down inside they realized they murdered a life. The second the zygote is formed, it is a human. There is no arbitrary line that a democrat can place and determine where life beings.
This is an opinion. It is not an objective fact. You've simply placed your own arbitrary line to determine where life begins.

Your position is that all of the below are human:
biobook_reproduction_graphik_18.png

That seems a pretty liberal definition of "human".

This is an opinion. It is not an objective fact. You've simply placed your own arbitrary line to determine where life begins.

No... zygote formation is a pretty definitive line. You either have 2 gametes or have 1 zygote. There's no in-between or transformation afterwards. 'Stages' of human development are only 'stages' in order to help with human understanding. It's actually just a singular, continuous process.

If you don't base the beginning of human life on zygote formation, then you base it on time, which makes no sense at all. Similar to developmental stages, an arbitrary time meaurement is only a human construct.

And yes, I do consider all of the below human. If you were to show me a single-cellular or small multi-multicellular bacterium and asked me what species it was and if it was life, I would tell you what it was and that it is life. I can do the same with a human regardless of how young in its development it is.

Last edited:

Your position is that all of the below are human:
biobook_reproduction_graphik_18.png

That seems a pretty liberal definition of "human".

This is also a human. At 6 weeks pregnancy.

fetus6weekspregnant.jpg

Back