Texas vs US Appeals court. war against women

Yeah.. I don't think we should be going in the OPPOSITE direction of population control. The Earth is going to become too populated. Period. Women fought for their right to b skanks, and they won. Let them have it, but don't let another bad result come of it with a bunch of teenage skanks having a bunch of kids who will end up to be jackass low class adults.

Hahaha

Have to wonder about the mentality of people who shut down all the abortion clinics and then bitch about welfare children.

Bunch of slobbering dipshits. And that's just looking at it logically, never mind the constitutional and women's rights abuses.

good point.

Still strange how the most right winger want to limit womens' rights.

good point.

Still strange how the most right winger want to limit womens' rights.

It's a developing life inside of a woman. I don't believe it's her body. I believe It's IN her body. She was the one that helped put it there. I've been sexually active since 18 and never have gotten a girl pregnant.

In extreme cases of rape or mothers heath, I think abortion is acceptable. If you are young and stupid, I think adoption is an answer. Abortion for healthy people wanting an out is sad and shouldn't be an option. Educate these people. Condoms and birth control work!

It's a developing life inside of a woman. I don't believe it's her body. I believe It's IN her body. She was the one that helped put it there. I've been sexually active since 18 and never have gotten a girl pregnant.

In extreme cases of rape or mothers heath, I think abortion is acceptable. If you are young and stupid, I think adoption is an answer. Abortion for healthy people wanting an out is sad and shouldn't be an option. Educate these people. Condoms and birth control work!

your belief (and it is a belief) out weights her rights. this does not seem to agree with the conservative world view.

Why is it strange?

b/c is the right wing/conservative worldview not more based on individual rights?

in this case, we have people telling another what to do with their body

It's her body, not IN her body.... Here's proof. Take it out at that stage of development then and see if it lives.

It's her body, not IN her body.... Here's proof. Take it out at that stage of development then and see if it lives.

So the cut off should be when the baby could medically survive out side of the mother?

Last edited:

What do you mean see if it survives?

A premature baby needs care, just like one that was able to fully mature in the womb.

b/c is the right wing/conservative worldview not more based on individual rights?

Sometimes. It also tends to be associated with tradition and patriarchal religion, neither of which is too concerned with women's rights.

Sometimes. It also tends to be associated with tradition and patriarchal religion, neither of which is too concerned with women's rights.

and there it is, I think. I just do not get it.

So the cut of should be when the baby could medically survive out side of the mother?

That's been the legal standard by which abortion laws are scrutinized since Roe. Of course, technology has been pushing back the point of viability steadily since.

Interesting to note that most 'liberal' European countries cut the point for on-demand abortions much earlier than the US does.

That's been the legal standard by which abortion laws are scrutinized since Roe. Of course, technology has been pushing back the point of viability steadily since.

Interesting to note that most 'liberal' European countries cut the point for on-demand abortions much earlier than the US does.

That's a guide line but as you said it keep getting pushed back and will keep getting pushed back as medical tec advances. Right now I think its 20 weeks is the earliest they have survival.

So the cut off should be when the baby could medically survive out side of the mother?

The cut off is quite frankly when someone chooses to do it, and can find a doctor who will perform it.

If I had to make a personal choice on when the cut off would be for me? Then I would say 12 weeks. Later and at any time during the pregnancy if carrying the child endangered the life of the mother.

In Canada people can get late term abortions. It's not typically done in the third trimester unless the mothers health is endangered. But generally up to 20 weeks is done without issue.

The cut off is quite frankly when someone chooses to do it, and can find a doctor who will perform it.

If I had to make a personal choice on when the cut off would be for me? Then I would say 12 weeks. Later and at any time during the pregnancy if carrying the child endangered the life of the mother.

In Canada people can get late term abortions. It's not typically done in the third trimester unless the mothers health is endangered. But generally up to 20 weeks is done without issue.

Are you saying that legally it should be any time the mother wants?"

Yep, there it is. The movements against women (and gays) are exclusively religious. It's telling.
I don't support efforts in conservative states to limit abortion access for a whole myriad of reasons. In fact I favor increased access to abortion and, more importantly, a variety of birth control options.

However, I don't think it is correct to imply (if you meant to) that arguments against abortion are necessarily religiously motivated. We really don't have an objective scientific definition of when human life, consciousness, whatever criteria begins. Thus the conservative stance in terms of protecting human life would be to view life as starting at fertilization and therefore banning even those drugs that prevent implantation while the conservative stance in terms of protecting individual autonomy would be to allow abortion up to birth. Neither of those stances is appropriate given that we don't really have objective criteria. I err on the side of individual autonomy but there are areligious arguments to be made on the other side too.

Are you saying that legally it should be any time the mother wants?"

Unless I am mistaken that's the way it already is here. From the Supreme Court in 1988.

In a landmark decision, the Court declared in 1988 the entirety of the country's abortion law to be unconstitutional. The court noted that "[f]orcing a woman, by threat of criminal sanction, to carry a foetus to term unless she meets certain criteria unrelated to her own priorities and aspirations" and that the law "asserts that the woman's capacity to reproduce is to be subject, not to her own control, but to that of the state" were essentially a breach of the woman's right to security of the person, which is guaranteed under Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

If you have sex and your woman gets pregnant, you have a responsibility for that child. If you just throw the kid away, you've got blood on your hands and you'll have answer for that someday. There are repercussions when you have an abortion.

i used to be super-liberal about this issue and be all for a woman's right to abort. and if it comes down to it, i still feel that way.

the thing that gets me, is the people who say that it's not murder. it IS murder. just because you have the law on your side to end a life, does not mean that you're not killing a living thing. so women can abort all they want. fine. just don't tell me that you're some kind of moral beacon for humanity. you are a murderer. and you have to live with that.

Back