Law Texas Passes Constitutional Carry of Firearm w/o Permit

I remember then shall issue was being passed in states the anti 2nd screamed there would be blood in the streets and shoot our at every traffic accident.

Didn't happen.

So all the crying sounds the same.

A good friend of mine is in the Texas House and ranked the #2 most Conservative in the state. I had to jab him for missing #1. I congratulated him on this as he was one of the driving forces and has been for years. Thank you Tony Tinderholt! He's been working on this for years and years.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article141353158.html

Legalize marijuana and you approach Nevada for GOAT state laws. Nevada has stronger personal freedom laws

I don't think so, I see it as trading one freedom for another.

Fine, there's one less restriction on carrying but it's only done by reducing your freedom from government interference while actually carrying. Yay, less 2nd Amendment restrictions so long as we give up some 4th Amendment freedoms.

Man some of our Amendments are dead anyways. Nobody cares left and right. It does seem comrpomise

I just see the issue when inevitably a non white male (always a male) has a gun, isnt a felon and is stopped by the police "acts sketchy" and because he is armed GETS shot dead.

Man some of our Amendments are dead anyways. Nobody cares left and right. It does seem comrpomise

I just see the issue when inevitably a non white male (always a male) has a gun, isnt a felon and is stopped by the police "acts sketchy" and because he is armed GETS shot dead.
It is inevitable and this part of that law would make it justified without the requirement that the LEO has an articulable suspicion (or whatever standard) of an actual crime before interfering with the individual's freedom.

And this is what bothers me. Personally, I don't believe in 2A restrictions of any type but these types of adjustments tell me more about the intent of the legislators.

If they're really in favor of eliminating restrictions on carrying - why would the cops need the right to profile an individual simply for carrying? That only makes sense if you think that openly carrying a handgun suggests potential criminal potential. And if you think that...why eliminate the licensing requirement which might keep potential criminals from acquiring? It just seems contrary to the alleged intent.

So anyone can carry a firearm and the police are allowed to target people based on them carrying a firearm?

I hope I'm wrong but that seems like a disaster incoming. A bunch of loons can just buy guns and the police can use the presence of said guns to interfere with the actions of private citizens.

I don't see how this is more freedom. Yes, no license requirement ups freedom but it's given away the moment you let the police target people for exercising that freedom.

I would like to know more about what the gun free zone change means in practice.

If everyone is open carrying doesn't that make them all good shoots?

From what I understand just having a gun in your possession is sufficient reason to be executed by police.

If everyone is open carrying doesn't that make them all good shoots?
You said it, not me.

In all seriousness, that's exactly what I'm alluding to. Everyone can carry a gun but carrying a gun means the cops can profile you and then act on whatever thoughts are in their head, reasonable or not, so long as you're carrying.

A lot of people are going to get stopped by the cops for exercising their 2A rights in the wrong place and have no legal recourse within the 4th Amendment.

Legalize marijuana and you approach Nevada for GOAT state laws. Nevada has stronger personal freedom laws

This is all true... for now. But, Nevada is going more Blue and that's going to mean these freedoms likely go away. I had a house in Green Valley (Henderson) for some time. I really like Nevada, but don't trust their current trend.

Good shit Texas.

PS: conceal it well, then the police won't see it and use it as a reason to talk to you.
<seedat>

Arizona has had this for a while

permitless-carry-4-8-21.jpg

More untrained stooges carrying guns, what could go wrong.

And then there's this

Here we go, the law enforcement red meat. Fucking lol.
If I'm reading it right, some of those changes seem positive, but you bring up a great point. It shouldn't be extremely convenient to be armed, that's a huge commitment to safety and responsibility and the extra steps make sure a person has that commitment.

A gun should never be a low information impulse buy and this definitely encourages that.

This is all true... for now. But, Nevada is going more Blue and that's going to mean these freedoms likely go away. I had a house in Green Valley (Henderson) for some time. I really like Nevada, but don't trust their current trend.

How blue? You know it takes a while before you get DC or Illinois laws. Still I think Nevada owns Texas with personal freedom laws

If Texas really wanted to embrace this nonsense, why not issue a gun to every man, woman, child, homeless, poor, latino, black, transgender, hajib wearing muslims, sleaze ball, mentally unstable, old crotchety, racist, kkk member, antifa, tree huggers, anyone with anger problems, anyone who would freak out if someone crashed their into their nice car or can't handle being ask to wear a mask. Just everyone and ask them how comfortable they are about it.

If Texas really wanted to embrembraced this nonsense, why not issue a gun to every man, woman, child, homeless, poor, latino, black, transgender, hajib wearing muslims, sleaze ball, mentally unstable, old crotchety, racist, kkk member, antifa, tree huggers, anyone with anger problems, anyone who would freak out if someone crashed their nice car or can't handle being ask to wear a mask. Just everyone and ask them how comfortable they are about it.
Sounds good to me.

Seems like distraction politics and Texas loves their guns. What's going on with their power grid and are they going to upgrade so Texas can reconnect with the national grid?

As for the guns, I think the politicians wanted to give the people something to shake the stink of what happened this winter. A distraction.

"Omg, no one wants to take your guns."

" Unless you have a mag that holds 11+ rounds, it's semi auto matic, or looks scary. Take off the tinfoil hat."

A good friend of mine is in the Texas House and ranked the #2 most Conservative in the state. I had to jab him for missing #1. I congratulated him on this as he was one of the driving forces and has been for years. Thank you Tony Tinderholt! He's been working on this for years and years.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article141353158.html
lol the same idiot who wanted abortion punishable by death? lol
the same tinderholt who claims to be "family" values" but has 5 wives and 4 divorce and is against same sex marriage?

lmao of course you idolize him

How blue? You know it takes a while before you get DC or Illinois laws. Still I think Nevada owns Texas with personal freedom laws

Nevada has (2) Democrat Senators and a Democrat Governor. Once the trend started, I sold my house there. My Dad lived way out by the gun range in North Las Vegas. If you haven't been, it's a really nice range for Trap, Rifles, and Pistols. My Dad got pissed as old vets do and moved to Florida.

Nevada has (2) Democrat Senators and a Democrat Governor. Once the trend started, I sold my house there. My Dad lived way out by the gun range in North Las Vegas. If you haven't been, it's a really nice range for Trap, Rifles, and Pistols. My Dad got pissed as old vets do and moved to Florida.

Nevada lost a Senate seat and 3 House in the State legislature. Man to me Nevada seems more purple then some other places I am surprised some give up on it.

Texas if it flips blue will still become Purple overall. Florida seems perpetually Red/Purple

Back