Social Texas lawmakers considering death penalty for abortion

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Beautiful. Christianity minus the New Testament.

Wellthereitis.gif

You're flailing, and have exhausted your typically pathetic Liberal talking points.

Now see yourself out before you embarrass yourself any further.

You're flailing, and have exhausted your typically pathetic Liberal talking points.

You literally just asked why Christians are expected to be forgiving.

Jesus Christ...no seriously, Jesus Christ.

Lol, nice projecting

"Christians can just be Old Testament folks!!!"

"Where does Jesus say anything about forgiveness?!?!"

"When did Christians say everyone's life is of equal worth!?!?"

Last edited:
The death penalty? That's a bit harsh. But I guess that's what happens when you have New York go full retard in killing babies after birth ffs...

This is going to end well...

Isnt it amazing that people cant seem to figure out that politics is on a pendulum? If one side goes full derp and pushes something, the other side pushes back in the opposite direction.

This is why everyone should be worried about the rise in the far left because they are increasing the rise of the far right...

Roe v Wade had no chance of being over-turned in the last 50 years...it does now thanks to leftists trying to allow babies that are already born to be "aborted" and most of those dumb cunts have no idea the fire they are playing with when it comes to free-speech and guns.

Funny idea. 3/10

I believe women who suffer a miscarriage then would be under suspicion of a potential murder. Sounds great.

Also, anyone from out-of-state who has had an abortion, driven the car, given addresses, etc. would be an accomplice and therefore would better never go there.

And what about birth control? Conspiracy to commit murder.

"Where does Jesus say anything about forgiveness?!?!"

"When did Christians say everyone's life is of equal worth!?!?"

You've proven you know nothing about Christianity.

I never said anything of the sort. Just that there are many contradictory passages in the Bible to those points. Do you argue this?

The delicious irony of "pro-lifers" supporting the death penalty. "All life is sacred! Now get in the chair!"

I've never found those views incompatible, although I see why it makes a good bumper sticker. Not all killing is equal. This principle is a fundamental building block of social interaction. Killing an enemy soldier in a battle isn't murder, neither is killing a man in self defense, neither is capital punishment, particularly when well hedged by strong due process of law.

I think abortion should be strictly limited. As the saying used to go, it should be rare. But to allow the death penalty for it is in most cases way over the top imo. Sometimes when we have an area of great controversy, eschewing vindictiveness is a key part of moving forward. Pro choice and pro life viewpoints will never co exist well, but this kind of thing is unnecessarily provocative imo.

A lot of pro-lifers are Christian folks. At least for that section of the pro-life crowd, they are on very shaky ground if they support the death penalty. If your baseline for moral judgement is the inalienable dignity of human life, presumably that extends to all human life.
The idea that "pro-lifers" consider all life sacred is a weak talking point.

"Oh', so you want innocent babies to have a right to live, but why doesn't your heart bleed for this murdering rapist, huh?"

Retarded.

Fun fact: I worked in a state capitol once doing legislative work. Generally, people were professional and respectful: both politicians and constituents. Except one time there was a Rally for Life with anti-abortion types. I didn't have much face time with them and could only comment that they were very rude and unresponsive to people who actually worked in the building trying to get through and around their horde.

Cutting to the chase, the group engaged in death threats to legislative aids and Democratic politicians, got all riled up by one of their speakers calling the Democratic Party the satanic party of infanticide or some shit, and ended up getting really hostile. The city police force ended up coming (in larger numbers than were present), ending the event early, making arrests, and barring the group from the capitol. The group ended up losing all of their lobbyist contracts as well.

Nice folks.

Fun fact: I worked in a state capitol once doing legislative work. Generally, people were professional and respectful: both politicians and constituents. Except one time there was a Rally for Life with anti-abortion types. I didn't have much face time with them and could only comment that they were very rude and unresponsive to people who actually worked in the building trying to get through and around their horde.

Cutting to the chase, the group engaged in death threats to legislative aids and Democratic politicians, got all riled up by one of their speakers calling the Democratic Party the satanic party of infanticide or some shit, and ended up getting really hostile. The city police force ended up coming (in larger numbers than were present), ending the event early, making arrests, and barring the group from the capitol. The group ended up losing all of their lobbyist contracts as well.

Nice folks.

<Fedor23>

I never said anything of the sort. Just that there are many contradictory passages in the Bible to those points. Do you argue this?
Also, interestingly, the Bible never prohibits abortion. In fact, most of the times abortion/ infanticide is mentioned-- and it is mentioned dozens of times-- it is encouraged by God.

Last edited:
There certainly are many contradictory verses in the Bible.

Also, interestingly, the Bible never prohibits abortion-- or infanticide. In fact, most of the times infanticide is mentioned, it is in a positive context, ie. the Old Testament God encouraging the Hebrews to slaughter the children of their enemies.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”. And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?

1 Samuel 15:3 God commands the death of “suckling” infants. This literally means that the children god killed were still nursing.

Psalms 137:9 Here god commands that infants should be “dashed upon the rocks”.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens of references to infanticide in the Bible.

And? You're framing this as a religious issue. It ain't.

Thanks for proving my point though, that the Bible ain't all about forgiveness. You just dunked on yourself. Congrats.

The venn diagram overlap between hardcore pro-lifers and religious folks is significant.

Not the be all end all. It's about individual morals. Some base theirs on religion, some don't.

I'll remember your love for generalizations though, the next time someone points out that "Most Liberals believe in open borders", or "Most Liberals believe infanticide is an acceptable form of abortion."

"Abortion is Murder" is a perfect example of the noncentral fallacy. It's an attempt to burden abortion with the negative connotations associated with murder, despite that the reasons why murder is negatively viewed do not apply to abortion.

"Abortion is Murder" is a perfect example of the noncentral fallacy. It's an attempt to burden abortion with the negative connotations associated with murder, even if the reasons why murder is negatively viewed do not apply to abortion.

There is no definitive answer as to where abortion fits in when it comes to murder. Just your own personal interpretation, influenced by your environment. For instance, there are whole lot of people from other nations who would make a similar argument you're making to defend the practice of "honor killings".

"Abortion is Murder" is a perfect example of the noncentral fallacy. It's an attempt to burden abortion with the negative connotations associated with murder, despite that the reasons why murder is negatively viewed do not apply to abortion.
While I, like most Americans, support reasonable abortion policies with some limits, I always come back to this question:

If a building was on fire, and a three week fertilized egg was in one room, and a three week old (born) baby was in the other, and you could only save one... would it really be that hard to choose which one to save?

If a building was on fire, and a three week fertilized egg was in one room, and a three week old (born) baby was in the other, and you could only save one... would it really be that hard to choose which one to save?

What the hell does that have to do with abortion, or murder?

What the hell does that have to do with abortion, or murder?
it demonstrates that, for most people, there is a clear distinction between what is technically alive and what is functionally alive, and why primacy should be given for one over the other.

There is no definitive answer as to where abortion fits in when it comes to murder. Just your own personal interpretation, influenced by your environment. For instance, there are whole lot of people from other nations who would make a similar argument you're making to defend the practice of "honor killings".
Bear with me for a moment: Why is murdering someone bad? Like, if you or someone you know was murdered, why would it be bad for you (or for society)?
Think of all those reasons, then compare how many of them apply to a scenario where if someone you knew had an abortion.

it demonstrates that, for most people, there is a clear distinction between what is technically alive and what is functionally alive, and why primacy should be given for one over the other.

Yeah, no. You could make the same analogy with a baby and an elderly person, which is why it's a terrible analogy. Is the elderly person not "technically alive", because everyone would choose to save the baby in that situation? All it comes down to is the value of the life. Not whether or not it's actually life.

Back