Social Texas lawmakers considering death penalty for abortion

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I'd suggest that most pro-lifers consider abortion murder.

I'd suggest that most pro-lifers consider abortion murder.

Do you consider aborting something that doesn't have a brain morally equivalent to shooting some 20 year old in the head?

iu

The death penalty? That's a bit harsh. But I guess that's what happens when you have New York go full retard in killing babies after birth ffs...

This is going to end well...

Do you consider aborting something that doesn't have a brain morally equivalent to shooting some 20 year old in the head?

Do you consider shooting a down syndrome person in the head and shooting a young medical doctor (working for free in a refugee camp) in the head morally equivalent?

It's not my call. Murder is murder.

The delicious irony of "pro-lifers" supporting the death penalty. "All life is sacred! Now get in the chair!"

The delicious irony of "pro-lifers" supporting the death penalty. "All life is sacred! Now get in the chair!"

I think that for most 'pro-lifers' it's more a case of not sentencing the innocent to death.

Not going to throw them in the most to see if they float first?

"Other lawmakers argue that if a person murders a pregnant woman, they are charged with two murders, saying this would be no different."

This sounds perfectly logical to me. Good for Texas if this thing becomes reality, so many innocent lives will be saved. At least, it would make a lot of women reconsider using abortions as a contraceptive measure.

Funny idea. 3/10

I believe women who suffer a miscarriage then would be under suspicion of a potential murder. Sounds great.

Also, anyone from out-of-state who has had an abortion, driven the car, given addresses, etc. would be an accomplice and therefore would better never go there.

The idea that "pro-lifers" consider all life sacred is a weak talking point.

"Oh', so you want innocent babies to have a right to live, but why doesn't your heart bleed for this murdering rapist, huh?"

Retarded.

The idea that "pro-lifers" consider all life sacred is a weak talking point.

"Oh', so you want innocent babies to have a right to live, but why doesn't your heart bleed for this murdering rapist, huh?"

Retarded.
A lot of pro-lifers are Christian folks. At least for that section of the pro-life crowd, they are on very shaky ground if they support the death penalty. If your baseline for moral judgement is the inalienable dignity of human life, presumably that extends to all human life.

A lot of pro-lifers are Christian folks.

So what? A lot of Christians are Old Testament folks.

Another weak Liberal talking point. Where do you get this idea that all Christians must be all about forgiveness, where everyone's life no matter their deeds, is equal to everyone else's?

The Bible ain't exactly clear on that issue, so I don't know where you get off thinking it's so cut and dry.

A lot of pro-lifers are Christian folks. At least for that section of the pro-life crowd, they are on very shaky ground if they support the death penalty. If your baseline for moral judgement is the inalienable dignity of human life, presumably that extends to all human life.

In other words, you presented a strawman argument that no one here was making because... you don't actually have anything to say?

I'm happy to hear that. I'm not very optimistic about the law passing.

So what? A lot of Christians are Old Testament folks.
Beautiful. Christianity minus the New Testament.

Wellthereitis.gif

Where do you get this idea that all Christians must be all about forgiveness,
Matthew 18:21 "21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother? Up to seven times?”22Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!"
Where everyone's life no matter their deeds, is equal to everyone else's?.
That is quite literally the entire basis of Protestant theology. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

If you want to go Catholic, cool. The Church has pronounced directly against the death penalty.

In other words, you presented a strawman argument that no one here was making because... you don't actually have anything to say?
No... in other words, what I said.

Last edited:
This is counter-intuitive, no?

Back