Texas father blocked from stopping gender transition of son James, 7, to girl called Luna

The father is absolutely lying. It's all in the video I posted last page. It's long, but seeing as some people are advocating anything from targetted harassment campaigns (to which she's already been subject), to ''understanding if he snapped and killed her'' I think it might be the least you could do before jumping to that step.
Most of us are not going to have the patience to slog through an hour long video so some cliffs would be nice.

I think there's a higher than 50% chance that the dad is lying but fair point about the rarity of this phenomenon. I am certain its a legitimate phenomenon but at the same time to what extent has the discourse on the issue created a kind of copycat effect? I remember reading about how Dissociative Identity Disorder was pretty rare and when it did happen the average number of personalities was like 2-3. But then Sybil came out and there was an increase not only in the number of DID cases but also in the average number of personalities in each case(the character Sybil had like a dozen). I think its possible something similar is going on here.
Yes, I agree. Trans is a real phenomenon, but I feel that the numbers now are not inductive to what thwy have been. Yes openness will allow them to grow, but there must be some correlation to say that many of these people are not actually trans.
Movies, media, social trends and pressure all play roles in this as you mentioned with movies and DID rates and severity

Most of us are not going to have the patience to slog through an hour long video so some cliffs would be nice.

tl;dr: father is full of shit. For example, it is stated in many articles on this case that the mother forces the child to wear girl clothes, but with his dad he's a happy healthy boy. Turns out, the father does not have girl clothes at his house, so the choice of boy clothes is forced by the father. Whereas the mother has both boy clothes and girl clothes at her home, directly contradicting the father's story. That's just the beginning, and I really recommend you watch the video.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/b...to-save-his-7-year-old-from-gender-transition

https://www.dailywire.com/news/jury...n-from-gender-transition-potential-castration

https://thetexan.news/breaking-dall...-sole-custody-of-purported-transgender-child/

Edit. Looks like judge will make final call on it on wed. Currently only a recomendation that father have a say.

Benjamin Albritton, who compiled a report for the court on the case, had advocated for the “affirmation” approach, but recommended the court to prohibit Georgulas from initiating a medical transition without approval from Younger.(father)

In the verdict on Wednesday, the judge could include Albritton’s recommendation and maintain an arrangement similar to the current one.

Yep, that's where I thought we were at

Yeah, after reading the multiple links the whole thing makes more sense now.

He was not being blocked from intervening in the treatment of the child. He pushed for sole custody and lost. The mother is a pediatrician, she had a diagnosis for gender dysphoria and isn't pushing for medical transition just an "affirmation" model.

IMO, and easy to say after the fact, Dad picked a losing battle here. I wonder if there were other ways to manage the medical care under joint custody that would have been more effective than trying to get sole custody from a pediatrician who's experts had actually met the boy.

And it continues to make me wonder, is this a good father that picked a losing battle, or a shitty father that picked a losing battle?

[

its a medical referral.

is that standard during these gender dysphoria evaluations? (those that are positive for it, obviously). did the mother push for the referral?

we don't know. so, it must be worst case scenario, is entirely premature.

i'm not happy or ok with any of this. i just care enough to actually want to start at the correct point.
Unfortunately since there's no test like a MRI that would determine exactly what's going on we have to rely on doctors point of views and interpretations. Similar to what we have with ADHD and meds. Some kids desperately need meds others not at all. Some kids don't even have ADHD but are diagnosed anyway. You get what I saying right? It depends on which doctor you see. It's not difficult to find a doctor diagnosing normal kids with ADHD. And I'm sure the same happens with transgenderism. All you need is one doctor/psychologist with a very broad interpretation of what that is.

I was once diagnosed with bipolar. It was my very first ( and last) appointment with that psychiatrist. I said I was depressed but very anxious as well and I left his office with a prescription for lithium!! It's that fucking easy to be misdiagnosed. Specially when there's no blood work or brain scan to prove the doctor wrong.

These kids are having their whole fucking life changed forever as this will surely leave mental and physical marks, not to mention the social aspect of their lives, based on what exactly? Couldn't they just wait and see? Maybe not brand these kids with an extremely serious label and prescribe hormones to children. Let the boy be girly and leave the tomboy alone. If they are trans they will come to that conclusion by themselves when they are mature enough for it.

I recognize the larger issue here but part of my wonders how this guy is unable to even get joint custody of these 2 kids.

I'm not interested in the usual "Well, the courts are biased." response. I'd like to know the specifics of that situation.
One of the articles states something along the lines of "psychological abuse/treatment" or something.

Most of these kids are just confused! I dated a guy who wanted to be girl when he was a kid, he's not a tranny he's just really gay.

You and those fems. :rolleyes:

Don’t understand how people can get so worked up over a situation they know almost nothing about. Just chill out. Trust that the court and the medical providers have the kid’s best interests at heart and that a lot of what people are posting online is likely one-sided or greatly distorted.

No. This is wrong. The courts are making decisions on hundreds of cases with mininal information and are just moving the docket along making the easy (discriminatory against men) political choice way too often. Your post may have been sarcasm, but I'm not sure. The courts do nothing but screw things up for the kids and dad's, generally, and ev3n the mom's who put their short term power grab against long term best results.

This is so depressing... Texas of all places.

I just don't understand why you can't let the kid choose their path when they become a adult?

I love them! I can't help myself :p

Some of them are really nice people, incredibly talented and make great friends but as far as sex? They're too slender and physically weak, kind of like a woman. BJs? Okay.

gender reassignment at this age is proven to be more successful long term.

gender reassignment at this age is proven to be more successful long term.
Do they kill themselves more than people who decide to live as the sex they were born as? I'm guessing yes. Oh, you mean the weird expirament ends in suicide less than the insanely high numbers when people play dress up and hormone games later in life? That's nice..

Some of them are really nice people, incredibly talented and make great friends but as far as sex? They're too slender and physically weak, kind of like a woman. BJs? Okay.
To each his own I guess... You can have all the burly & beefy ones and I'll gladly keep my fem harem :D

To each his own I guess... You can have all the burly & beefy ones and I'll gladly keep my fem harem :D

They're very good at depicting them artistically, which is why I'd never disavow them culturally. And not necessarily beefy, more so just athletic in general with at least a semblance of physical development. Male aesthetics dunk on women and "the female form" (boring) so fucking hard that it's beyond laughable. I'm not even really talking about sexual attraction and interest there either.

What an awesome way to fuck over your ex... "I'm gonna take your pride and joy and turn him into a girl". smh.... how is this allowed to happen to a 7 year old?
Yo my aunt legit turned my cousin gay after she got divorced. She made him a cheerleader at age 8.

Back