Social Texas Democrat Resigns after Calling Tim Scott an ‘Oreo’

Conservative economic policies that favor families that were able to build generational wealth and wealthy individuals over the working and middle classes would not benefit the vast majority of black people and they know it. Republicans know their economic and healthcare policies are unpopular, so they appeal to working class and middle class white people with cultural grievances. Problem is, is that a lot of those cultural grievances alienate black and brown voters, hence why about 90% of black and 2/3 of Latino voters vote regularly for Democrats. As do other minority groups, including Asians, Jews, Muslims, etc. It's eventually going to be a losing game for Republicans if they can't poach a significantly larger amount of minority voters...
They already did get a record share of minority votes last election, and almost the entire middle class. Every democrat stronghold is an outright disaster with a handful of rich people and a lot of very poor people. California used to be the place everybody wanted to go, now they lose congressional seats because people are leaving. Same with NY. It took some serious mismanagement to ruin those places. Texas and Florida are where everybody is going now, and it's not just white people. I do find the hostility to white people creepy, where it's now a tacit requirement to attack people for their skin color to be a democrat now, but Florida and Texas are very multicultural, they just don't do the identity politics as much.

I think this is an opportune moment to share my post from the original Tim Scott thread. Some things will never change...
Really? No one? You have the #3 ranking House member being cancelled because she won’t go a long with a blatant lie. She won’t compromise her conviction and she’s being punished.

They already did get a record share of minority votes last election, and almost the entire middle class. Every democrat stronghold is an outright disaster with a handful of rich people and a lot of very poor people. California used to be the place everybody wanted to go, now they lose congressional seats because people are leaving. Same with NY. It took some serious mismanagement to ruin those places. Texas and Florida are where everybody is going now, and it's not just white people. I do find the hostility to white people creepy, where it's now a tacit requirement to attack people for their skin color to be a democrat now, but Florida and Texas are very multicultural, they just don't do the identity politics as much.
It's a losing game. They gained minorities to a certain extent but lost whites, especially white men. Their only hope is to either get a MUCH bigger share of the minority vote or get white people to block vote for them. I don't see either one happening...

It's a losing game. They gained minorities to a certain extent but lost whites, especially white men. Their only hope is to either get a MUCH bigger share of the minority vote or get white people to block vote for them. I don't see either one happening...
What's a losing game? You've claimed 2 opposite things in 2 posts. First it was only white people vote republican, now it's that they're losing white people. You're correct that the more the middle class become a minority, the worse it is for republicans but we're doomed already if the middle class gets much smaller.

Really? No one? You have the #3 ranking House member being cancelled because she won’t go a long with a blatant lie. She won’t compromise her conviction and she’s being punished.

This makes no sense as a reply to my post.

What's a losing game? You've claimed 2 opposite things in 2 posts. First it was only white people vote republican, now it's that they're losing white people. You're correct that the more the middle class become a minority, the worse it is for republicans but we're doomed already if the middle class gets much smaller.
LOL. Those things are NOT mutually exclusive. Minorities, as a whole, basically block vote for Democrats, especially blacks. The most Republicans get out of those groups is small subgroups within that are more likely to vote Republican, such as Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox Jews or Cuban Americans. But overall, 3/4 Jewish American and 2/3 Latino American voters vote Democrat.

Getting slightly higher percentages of minorities to vote for them means dick when they're losing whites at an even higher rate according to the metrics from the last election. They better hope that they can maintain or gain minority votes and that Biden got an unusually high amount of white, especially white male votes, because he's an older white man who's moderate/conservative by modern Democrat standards, and that the next Democratic candidate not only loses the votes Biden picked up, but does worse than Hillary. At best, Republicans might lose the popular vote but win the Electoral College again (literally their only hope). But the demographics are trending in the wrong direction in several of these states and even Texas seems to be in play in upcoming elections...

LOL. Those things are NOT mutually exclusive. Minorities, as a whole, basically block vote for Democrats, especially blacks. The most Republicans get out of those groups is small subgroups within that are more likely to vote Republican, such as Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox Jews or Cuban Americans. But overall, 3/4 Jewish American and 2/3 Latino American voters vote Democrat.

Getting slightly higher percentages of minorities to vote for them means dick when they're losing whites at an even higher rate according to the metrics from the last election. They better hope that they can maintain or gain minority votes and that Biden got an unusually high amount of white, especially white male votes, because he's an older white man who's moderate/conservative by modern Democrat standards, and that the next Democratic candidate not only loses the votes Biden picked up, but does worse than Hillary. At best, Republicans might lose the popular vote but win the Electoral College again (literally their only hope). But the demographics are trending in the wrong direction in several of these states and even Texas seems to be in play in upcoming elections...
Religious Jews vote republican, non-practicing ethnic Jews vote democrat, which is a majority.

The real difference is urban vs rural and middle class vs everybody else. The higher the gini coefficient, the more places skew democrat. The most is DC and the least is Utah, and the more a place skews democrat, the more it resembles a 3rd world country with very rich and very poor. Republicans win something like 2600 counties out of 3100, but those 500 are densely populated urban areas, and people are leaving those areas because of horrible mismanagement. I haven't lost faith in black voters. I've said on here for years most black people live pretty conservative lives and will eventually lose their allegiance to the democrat party.

This makes no sense as a reply to my post.

It does if your second quote was picked up in the reply. Sorry about that

I’ve said it before and will have countless opportunities to say it again, no one gets attacked by progressives quite as hard as members of “their” identity groups who go against the democrat tribe.

Still makes no sense.
You are saying no one get attacked more. If I mistaken this and you are specifically looking at Dems and not all parties, then yes it doesn’t make sense. But, if you are saying progressives in regards to all parties I’d say the current GOP is worse. Attacking Cheney for speaking the truth is pretty bad.

Religious Jews vote republican, non-practicing ethnic Jews vote democrat, which is a majority.

The real difference is urban vs rural and middle class vs everybody else. The higher the gini coefficient, the more places skew democrat. The most is DC and the least is Utah, and the more a place skews democrat, the more it resembles a 3rd world country with very rich and very poor. Republicans win something like 2600 counties out of 3100, but those 500 are densely populated urban areas, and people are leaving those areas because of horrible mismanagement. I haven't lost faith in black voters. I've said on here for years most black people live pretty conservative lives and will eventually lose their allegiance to the democrat party.
Even saying "religious Jews" as a whole is being generous. There are Reform Jews, Conservative (in the religious not the political sense) Jews, etc. If only atheist/secular Jews voted Democrat, they wouldn't have 3/4 of their votes. Those Republican votes are coming from Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox and neocons (many of whom are secular). Oh and the Republicans are losing the neocons, so they'll probably be getting an even smaller percentage of the Jewish vote in upcoming elections.

Speaking as someone who's half black and used to be a Republican, I think Republicans are actually alienating a lot of black people who were Republicans or were open to Republican ideas with all of the white cultural grievances politics. Trump completely alienated me from the Party. Same thing for @panamaican basically as far as I can tell (although I don't want to put words in his mouth and I'll let him tell his story). I was hoping the Republicans would turn into a non-racist libertarian party (was attracted to the Party by guys like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson), but instead the nationalist-populist wing took over and I resent their white nationalist-type talking points and rhetoric, as well as attempts to suppress the vote.

I think Trump was a celebrity in the black community and among hip hop fans (when I was a big hip hop fan and a part of that culture, I saw Trump in a lot of rap magazines and posing with rappers and pimps and hustlers) and had sort of a hustler/aspirational appeal and macho appeal to some black and brown men. To a much lesser extent than to working class white men, but it was still there. I don't expect a more milquetoast white man running as a Republican to get as large a share of the black and brown vote. Ron DeSantis or someone like that just doesn't have that type of appeal.

Even saying "religious Jews" as a whole is being generous. There are Reform Jews, Conservative (in the religious not the political sense) Jews, etc. If only atheist/secular Jews voted Democrat, they wouldn't have 3/4 of their votes. Those Republican votes are coming from Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox and neocons (many of whom are secular). Oh and the Republicans are losing the neocons, so they'll probably be getting an even smaller percentage of the Jewish vote in upcoming elections.

Speaking as someone who's half black and used to be a Republican, I think Republicans are actually alienating a lot of black people who were Republicans or were open to Republican ideas with all of the white cultural grievances politics. Trump completely alienated me from the Party. Same thing for @panamaican basically as far as I can tell (although I don't want to put words in his mouth and I'll let him tell his story). I was hoping the Republicans would turn into a non-racist libertarian party (was attracted to the Party by guys like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson), but instead the nationalist-populist wing took over and I resent their white nationalist-type talking points and rhetoric, as well as attempts to suppress the vote.

I think Trump was a celebrity in the black community and among hip hop fans (when I was a big hip hop fan and a part of that culture, I saw Trump in a lot of rap magazines and posing with rappers and pimps and hustlers) and had sort of a hustler/aspirational appeal and macho appeal to some black and brown men. To a much lesser extent than to working class white men, but it was still there. I don't expect a more milquetoast white man running as a Republican to get as large a share of the black and brown vote. Ron DeSantis or someone like that just doesn't have that type of appeal.
You keep saying "white grievance". Just type "white people" into a search engine right now. Do the results look like a "privileged class", or does it look more like a group of people you're absolutely required to attack for their skin color? Now type "black people". Does it look remotely similar?

You cannot have a career in democrat politics unless you're a racist. Christ, the entire first page is "white people have bad breath" and "what is wrong with America is us white people". FFS, not even the nazis would have the balls to write that about the Jews, and it's every single article in democrat media. Sorry, but I'm a nice person and refuse to be called a villain because of my skin color.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=white+people

BTW, the author of the "man, I hate us white people" looks exactly like you'd think he would.

https://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2020/jun/10/opinion-what-wrong-america-us-white-people/

Last edited:
Every democrat stronghold is an outright disaster with a handful of rich people and a lot of very poor people. California used to be the place everybody wanted to go, now they lose congressional seats because people are leaving. Same with NY. It took some serious mismanagement to ruin those places. Texas and Florida are where everybody is going now, and it's not just white people. I do find the hostility to white people creepy, where it's now a tacit requirement to attack people for their skin color to be a democrat now, but Florida and Texas are very multicultural, they just don't do the identity politics as much.

1. Every democrat stronghold is an out right disaster? Most of the economic activity is democratic regions and those have the highest household incomes. I don't even understand where this comment is even coming from aside from maybe you have never traveled through the mid-west.

2. California is losing congressional seats? No, it is one seat and they are still growing but just now as fast as a few other states. Congressional states are given to states based on their population proportion of the country.

3. Texas is growing but honestly where it is exploding is in Austin, the most democrat part of the state. You have Micron, Dell, HP, and a number of other tech companies there and young people like Austin.

4. Texas doesn't have identity politics? I don't know what this even means but Texas isn't some unique flower.

You keep saying "white grievance". Just type "white people" into a search engine right now. Do the results look like a "privileged class", or does it look more like a group of people you're absolutely required to attack for their skin color? Now type "black people". Does it look remotely similar?

You cannot have a career in democrat politics unless you're a racist. Christ, the entire first page is "white people have bad breath" and "what is wrong with America is us white people". FFS, not even the nazis would have the balls to write that about the Jews, and it's every single article in democrat media. Sorry, but I'm a nice person and refuse to be called a villain because of my skin color.

BTW, the author of the "man, I hate us white people" looks exactly like you'd think he would.

https://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2020/jun/10/opinion-what-wrong-america-us-white-people/
You're somewhat missing the larger issue that the GOP has here.

Let's take everything you said as true. Then ask if that hasn't been the playbook applied against black people for a very long time. On this forum, bring up black people and you get page after page of people bringing up the most negative stereotypes that they can regarding individuals and the community itself? Not discussing individuals but discussion stereotypical groups.

Then many of those same posters will get into another thread and complain about how "white people" are being negatively characterized and it is not fair to them, the individual white person. Then they'll head into another thread to repeat the process about black people. It's obviously hypocritical but the tone deafness is the real issue. It simply makes no sense that people can complain about another group of people as a group, then complain that they're being complained about as a group and then wonder where the strife is coming from.

The very simple "practice what you preach" would go a long way towards helping this but I won't hold my breath.

And you're wrong on the real difference - it's not urban vs. rural (I don't know why you left out suburbs since 50% of the population live and not urban or rural environs) and middle class vs. everyone else where you haven't defined "middle class". Those groups overlap to significant degrees. Where your urban middle class, your suburban middle class and your rural middle class have minimal overlap in their political needs. It's not a "vs" at all. It's a balancing act, not a competition.

You're somewhat missing the larger issue that the GOP has here.

Let's take everything you said as true. Then ask if that hasn't been the playbook applied against black people for a very long time. On this forum, bring up black people and you get page after page of people bringing up the most negative stereotypes that they can regarding individuals and the community itself? Not discussing individuals but discussion stereotypical groups.

Then many of those same posters will get into another thread and complain about how "white people" are being negatively characterized and it is not fair to them, the individual white person. Then they'll head into another thread to repeat the process about black people. It's obviously hypocritical but the tone deafness is the real issue. It simply makes no sense that people can complain about another group of people as a group, then complain that they're being complained about as a group and then wonder where the strife is coming from.

The very simple "practice what you preach" would go a long way towards helping this but I won't hold my breath.

And you're wrong on the real difference - it's not urban vs. rural (I don't know why you left out suburbs since 50% of the population live and not urban or rural environs) and middle class vs. everyone else where you haven't defined "middle class". Those groups overlap to significant degrees. Where your urban middle class, your suburban middle class and your rural middle class have minimal overlap in their political needs. It's not a "vs" at all. It's a balancing act, not a competition.
You're probably correct and black people were maligned for a long time. I don't know why that translates into being racist against white people. It's not even the same white people. Nobody in my family ever owned a slave and my fiancee's grandfather was a slave at age 7, so how exactly are we on the hook for slavery?

You're a perfect example of someone with white cultural grievances who votes Republican. That's not an insult. It's not an accusation. It's not a value judgment. It's just a descriptor. Someone with black cultural grievances is almost assuredly voting Democrat.

Now as far as I can tell, you're a conservative in general, including on economic issues and healthcare. But the GOP gets guys like @Proud American (who supports single-payer healthcare and considers socialist Eugene Debs to be his personal hero) and @Amerikuracana (who used to be a leftist and still has some left-wing views on some issues) to support them and hate the left because of cultural grievances they have as white men.

It's smart on their part. I much prefer them to play that card rather than the voter disenfranchisement card. Unfortunately they're really stepping up on the latter because they know they're playing a losing game and are getting desperate.

You're a perfect example of someone with white cultural grievances who votes Republican. That's not an insult. It's not an accusation. It's not a value judgment. It's just a descriptor. Someone with black cultural grievances is almost assuredly voting Democrat.

Now as far as I can tell, you're a conservative in general, including on economic issues and healthcare. But the GOP gets guys like @Proud American (who supports single-payer healthcare and considers socialist Eugene Debs to be his personal hero) and @Amerikuracana (who used to be a leftist and still has some left-wing views on some issues) to support them and hate the left because of cultural grievances they have as white men.

It's smart on their part. I much prefer them to play that card rather than the voter disenfranchisement card. Unfortunately they're really stepping up on the latter because they know they're playing a losing game and are getting desperate.
I’m just resisting the same decaying to America forces I was resisting when voting for dems years ago. The new “racism” obvious distraction tactic does offend me, mostly because it’s a lie and it’s stupid and they are making people stupid with it.

Correct, and I'm one of few people who will admit to being culturally conservative. Of course I'm not going to vote for the party of self loathing upper middle class white ladies. Why on earth would I?

I’m just resisting the same decaying to America forces I was resisting when voting for dems years ago. The new “racism” obvious distraction tactic does offend me, mostly because it’s a lie and it’s stupid and they are making people stupid with it.
I'd like to see the populist left take over, stop playing the identity politics game and win people like you back. But not sure if, when that will happen...

Back