Elections Texas CPAC straw Poll : Most want Trump in 2024 and DeSantis to wait till 2028

The Dem's don't even want Biden in office again. What a weird thing to say.

Plus he's not running again anyways.

If Trump gets the GOP nomination, we get 4 more years of Biden

I would've agreed if this was August 2021, but it's been absolutely brutal since the botched Afghan withdrawal and just continued to snowball since. I don't think DeSantis is going to fight him for it, although I'd be surprised if he actually accepts running mate status. The office of VP is completely impotent and he'd have unnecessary stain by association of anything negative a second Trump term produces. He's in his early 40s and has all the time in the world, much better off dutifully serving his two full terms and wielding considerable power as FL governor. He can then hit the ground running with a full fledged POTUS campaign after the '26 midterms for what will be a wide open 2028 race.

It's going to be Trump/DeSantis for '24, and DeSantis and whatever running mate he picks for '28. The deal is already signed.

"Vice President is the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.” -- John Adams

john-adams-gettyimages-72385390.jpg

@KnightTemplar

DeSantis will be going on the road to support other Republicans. Hmmmm

Hopefully Biden can be convinced to step aside. Newsom seems the only person with mainstream name recognition. I think the Dems should try and get ret. Gen Russell Honroe.

Dumb. The party needs to retain populism but move Trump to a support roll. Ala have him do rallies and get the hardcore going. Outside of that he needs to be done with active politics
You think trump is in this for the party or the country? Come on. It’s clear he doesn’t care about anything but himself. he is a classic narcissist. But yeah, he’ll love the idea of fund raising for the good of the country.

You think trump is in this for the party or the country? Come on. It’s clear he doesn’t care about anything but himself. he is a classic narcissist. But yeah, he’ll love the idea of fund raising for the good of the country.
Did Trump make money while in office or lose money?

Thing is even with all his clear character flaws he’s still better than anyone besides Ron. It’s sad that it took Trump of all people to even try to reform any part of how the USA operates.

Thing is even with all his clear character flaws he’s still better than anyone besides Ron. It’s sad that it took Trump of all people to even try to reform any part of how the USA operates.
How is he better? I mean do you have any specifics?

We deserve every bad thing that is coming to us. Every single thing. The problem isn’t the politicians, it is us. We need better education. How much is the world laughing at us now? Biden and Trump rematch? Lol

How is he better? I mean do you have any specifics?
He made Nato members start abiding by the treaty.
He sanctioned China and got the ball rolling.
Those are actual accomplishments. Most other presidents like W, have none, or like Clinton NAFTA and getting China prepped for the WTO.

Back