Elections Texas County GOP Will Vote To Remove Muslim Vice Chairman

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by 58miles, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Quipling

Quipling Red Belt

There are conservative posters on this board who unironically argue that their votes should count for more so that they don't lose elections just because Dems are popular in population centers.

Sohei and NoDak like this.
  2. Trotsky

Trotsky Silver Belt

This has been the line for four decades. The fact of the matter is that stupid finds a way. When it's necessary, the party will flip their positions on a dime, because they were never closely held, and most of the persons who opposed them on the basis of those positions will either forget or be convinced by the party that there is a fake position on the other side that outweighs their past position.

NoDak, Edison Carasio and Quipling like this.
  3. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Fucking damnit

He was voted on. Unless some actual impeachable offense has occurred, deal with having a person different from you

I sincerely hope the court system stops this. Judicial branch is what prevents tyranny of majority

Neph likes this.
  4. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Wild Imam

Muslims are generaly anti gay/Lgbtqbqq life style maybe that is why.

JJSBUR likes this.
  5. JJSBUR

JJSBUR Green Belt

The majority of Republicans voted against the measure.

6. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

1/4?

<mma4>

Yeah that's about right..

remember the Nazi Arthur Jones that got voted through the primaries with 20K votes (between 1/4 and 1/3 of the total average voters in the general election for the 3rd Congressional District of Illinois?...

If we go by those two population of voters we can assume that 1/4 of the the average GOP voters are outright fuckin' dumbass racists...

Basket of deplorables.. hahahah

Quipling and curryjunkie like this.
  7. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Very glad it was shut down, but yes very concerning this was 49 and not just 2 or 3 whackadoos

8. Falsedawn

Falsedawn Mansa Platinum Member

Hmm, i didn't even know that.

"Don't Mess With Texas" is so fitting it's easy to forget it was originally a campaign to pick up your trash.

Losfer Words likes this.
  9. JJSBUR

JJSBUR Green Belt

I have no problem admitting that I find Islam scary and I also have no problem saying not all Muslims. I do understand why some are worried about Muslims getting a political foothold wrong or right.

Ripskater likes this.
  10. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

And people call me a provocateur when it tell people that "freedom of religion" is just a right-wing dog whistle to political Christianity.

Trotsky likes this.
  11. Renard

Renard Brown Belt

I think it'd be better to take a "fuck all religions" approach, like French secularism. You get rid of the Christian shit and the Muslim shit at the same time.

Rod1 likes this.
  12. Possum Jenkins

Possum Jenkins Cultural Marxism Belt

Different culture, hard to judge.

What's really scary is that Tarrant County isn't some shithole with 2,000 people in the middle of cornfields or something. It's the 3rd biggest county in Texas and the seat of Ft. Worth. In other words, a fuckton of educated, well-off, urbanites were backing this. And I'm sure that 1/4 that voted to remove him would be a lot higher if news hadn't spread nationally.

Like a lot of right-wingers in this thread are saying: "This isn't the right way to go about it." You gotta hide your bigotry and use dog whistles so you can fake outrage when you get called out on it later. Can't be blatant about it.

13. Staph infection

Staph infection Property of Thunderchild

They only acted out like this because of Islamaphobes like you. If you would just welcome them, theirs laws, and submit to their ways of life the world would be wonderful. I mean look how well Muslims treat each other in the Middle East.

Ripskater likes this.
  14. ens189

ens189 ELI-te Belt Platinum Member

Workplace violence etc.

15. Possum Jenkins

Whites are still the vast majority of the electorate

[​IMG]

And right now they get about 58% of white votes. They just need to keep that percentage steady and maybe gain 1 percentage point every few years.

White nationalism has also expanded and- gulp- become more inclusive. For decades it meant eliminating nonwhites and gays completely. Now it's softened up a bit and they're cool with a few minorities provided their numbers are small, and they behave like white conservatives.

So, a disdain for languages other than English and cultures other than white American one. Bigotry towards non-Christians, gays can exist as long as they don't show their gayness publicly, severe criticism of "ghetto culture," etc.

Trump got over 10% of the black vote and over 25% of the Latino vote

Trotsky, Rational Poster and NoDak like this.
  16. *Z*

*Z* Brown Belt

The GOP is all about religious freedom as long as you're a Christian.

17. NoDak

NoDak [ [ Tech Noir ] ] Platinum Member

I guess I'll just never be able to comprehend (or cease to be dismayed by) how difficult it is for common people to discern empty rhetoric from policy and record. GOP politicians occasionally make whispers towards various minority groups - like say a concern for LGBT suicide rates - with really moving calls to do... nothing. In fact, their actions and those of their cohorts are a cacophony, often only serving to enable the things they're claiming to care about.

Yeah, I think this came up in the last thread about this story. Considering latinos are poised to overwhelm and take down the country with the southwest inevitably breaking off and becoming part of Mexico - @Rod1 as El Presidente? We got lots of semiconductor firms and factories in AZ - they sure as fuck don't seem very engaged in carrying out the agenda.

[​IMG]

Possum Jenkins likes this.
  18. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Finally the hours wasted playing Tropico will be put to good use.

Quipling, NoDak and Falsedawn like this.
  19. NoDak

NoDak [ [ Tech Noir ] ] Platinum Member

Aye, you're pretty well read on economics too. It would be immediate ascendance to industrial tech superpower status. Mexico also inherits the California salad bowl, as well as Eagle Ford and Permian Basin oil fields.

20. Possum Jenkins

Yeah, it's a combination of a few factors:

-Age: Latinos are by far the youngest group in the US and young people vote a lot less everywhere

-Engagement: Compared to, say, blacks, they haven't had to struggle as much for political recognition so they're overall a bit less engaged in voting

-Citizenship: A good proportion are naturalized citizens and many of these aren't as engaged in US politics as the native-born. Many still split their attention with political issues in their home country.

Rational Poster and NoDak like this.