Texas BJJ instructor convicted for sex with 14 year old student

It would be an interesting statistic if more girl and women have defended themself using bjj or where molested by their coaches.

Would guess it's running about 2 to 1, molestation leading.

I know two guys who ran Mcdojo kempo schools. Both of them are now in bjj... Both of them were over 250 pounds, under six feet, and had sex with a total of 8 female students from the ages of 14-16..... LOL. This is bound to happen everywhere in a hedonistic society. I also personally know Professors, subs for high schools, and others who have dogged super young girls in a "safe place." Just shows how good our educational system actually is. This shit shouldn't be happening, however the media and stuff really pushes sex. So when you have to work all day, maybe don't like going out, or are awkward you don't have any choice. (You do have a choice to not have sex for awhile but these guys are impulse driven maniacs)

I know two guys who ran Mcdojo kempo schools. Both of them are now in bjj... Both of them were over 250 pounds, under six feet, and had sex with a total of 8 female students from the ages of 14-16..... LOL. This is bound to happen everywhere in a hedonistic society. I also personally know Professors, subs for high schools, and others who have dogged super young girls in a "safe place." Just shows how good our educational system actually is. This shit shouldn't be happening, however the media and stuff really pushes sex. So when you have to work all day, maybe don't like going out, or are awkward you don't have any choice. (You do have a choice to not have sex for awhile but these guys are impulse driven maniacs)

The ball pit is a place to put your balls on someone, right?

Point is that there are multiple scandals like this in BJJ that somehow are never reported or addressed by BJJ media, or the BJJ world at large.

Did you know Hermes Franca is out of prison and immediately teaching kids again?
And then what?

Lose sponsorship and advertising space if you write about such topic.

No brand would to be on the same page as such topic!

All that guard pulling stuff over soft mats with young females, I'm not surprised motherfu#&$rs...

Point is that there are multiple scandals like this in BJJ that somehow are never reported or addressed by BJJ media, or the BJJ world at large.

Did you know Hermes Franca is out of prison and immediately teaching kids again?

I just did the following google search: karate instructor molest - there are pages of them. Same with other sports.

If you're saying that the various associations should take child safety more seriously then I agree with you, not only in BJJ however. Not sure why you've got a hard-on for BJJ in this respect.

I just did the following google search: karate instructor molest - there are pages of them. Same with other sports.

If you're saying that the various associations should take child safety more seriously then I agree with you, not only in BJJ however. Not sure why you've got a hard-on for BJJ in this respect.

That's the type of thing I was looking for. If this happens across all arts, we as a society of martial artists look at what all these cases have in common to try and prevent them from happening. My previous point was if it happens in one place but not the other then we could observe both and find patterns that lead to it. But if it happens all over then we would shift focus to martial arts in general. But then you have to compare that to the statistics of it happening among the population of martial arts instructors and compare that to the data available for normal team sports, school teachers etc.

EDIT
Furthermore if this happens across many arts but BJJ as a community are the only ones who point it out, then other arts communities should do more to call out their own. I post on other martial art forums for TKD, HKD and so on but never see them bring it up in their own communities. Which it sounds like they should be based on your post.

^
In my experience in Korean martial arts and friends in Japanese, the sense of community with all other practitioners just isn't there like it is for BJJ. Probably because styles and training methods are so disparate. When I was heavier into TKD, I wouldn't have perceived a TKD instructor molesting someone 6 states away as a TKD problem. They weren't associated with my instructor, so while they were reprehensible, they weren't related to me. In BJJ the community is much more broadly unified. Someone in 2 different TKD schools often may as well be doing different martial arts. Someone in the east coast in an Alliance gym and someone in Cali at Checkmat are going to be doing extremely similar stuff, probably trained in much the same way.

That's the type of thing I was looking for. If this happens across all arts, we as a society of martial artists look at what all these cases have in common to try and prevent them from happening. My previous point was if it happens in one place but not the other then we could observe both and find patterns that lead to it. But if it happens all over then we would shift focus to martial arts in general. But then you have to compare that to the statistics of it happening among the population of martial arts instructors and compare that to the data available for normal team sports, school teachers etc.

EDIT
Furthermore if this happens across many arts but BJJ as a community are the only ones who point it out, then other arts communities should do more to call out their own. I post on other martial art forums for TKD, HKD and so on but never see them bring it up in their own communities. Which it sounds like they should be based on your post.

My daughter does gymnastics and the British Gymnastic Association has requirements of the club to provide a child safety officer who is in turn required to go on training courses and in turn required to enforce the rules of safety including never being alone with a child, what constitutes safe touching, rules on communications outside the gym etc etc. AFAIK most BJJ affiliates don't do it to this level. I suspect it's this amateurishness in martial arts that is likely to lead to more problems.

Great thread title TS.....Raping a 14 year old isn't "sex"

Make another comment like this and it will be your last comment on sherdog.

Man my last post, what a tragedy. You've posted over 33,000 lmfao, I trust you'll make up for my absence. Humorless dork

My daughter does gymnastics and the British Gymnastic Association has requirements of the club to provide a child safety officer who is in turn required to go on training courses and in turn required to enforce the rules of safety including never being alone with a child, what constitutes safe touching, rules on communications outside the gym etc etc. AFAIK most BJJ affiliates don't do it to this level. I suspect it's this amateurishness in martial arts that is likely to lead to more problems.

The problem is that the general public has no clue about how martial arts works. Just like they figure BJJ and TKD are the same thing, they also figure that martial arts kids programs have these same type of safety regulations as other organized after school activities like gymnastics. This is not so.

Kids martial arts programs would have a lot lower enrollment if parents realized that the qualifications to be alone in a position of authority over their minor child are the same as the qualifications to show up to a public park. You just have to be not locked up in jail that particular day. That's pretty much it.

And yeah, you could take your kid to a public park and just let them run off with someone who also happens to not be locked up in jail that particular day either. And most people would be nice to your kid and nothing would happen. And a few of them would molest your kid under a tree. The point is that you're running basically the same risk. There are no further checks in place for most programs.

I'm wearing a gi. Trust me with your kid. That's been the martial arts system for decades. It works so well because the public does not know enough about the martial arts to figure this out.

I'll get flamed for this but is it just me or is the bailiff

8f656d910009939ebeea04e58b54961d_400x400.jpeg

Lol, totally:D

Back