Tesla stock is going crazy

Tesla's vehicle production only forms part of it's valuation. The last report I read was around 30%.

Long term the other parts of the business are going to pay off in a big way.
* Battery tech (each day the list of patents gets bigger)
* Solar Roofs (this could explode)
* Supercharger stations (they are basically going to own a large portion of every refueling station in NA.)
* Battery storage ( as battery tech improves and costs come down I see a day where these will be mandatory on all new home builds.)
* Tesla insurance (only in California atm but the plan is for Tesla to offer insurance to all tesla owners at a discount)

They also don't have the crippling union/pension legacy costs of GM/Ford.

I can see the day where they start to offer package deals. A solar roof, power cell, wireless home charger and insurance for price X. Maybe even offer you a discount on the price of the vehicle of you allow them to put a solar roof on your house (they collect profits).

Can you elaborate on the union/Pension Legacy cost?

lol delusional.
20% in a single day is the definition of a crash to anyone besides a hardcore fan.
The entire 2008 crash, known as a major depression, was 30% in a YEAR.
People have been trying to convince the world that TSLA was overpriced since before this runup. If it was overvalued at $180 a share, then it sure as fuck would be at $900. But it's hard to claim a moral victory against Tesla bulls when its still well above what it was in December. It's a hype stock so we're gonna see wild swings for a while.

lol
"I hope this billionaire who already has everything in the world besides an extra level of worldwide egomaniacal adoration does okay for himself"'
Wild how many progressive/centrists cheer on a billionaire like he is their friend. Shows how effective retarded "How do you do, fellow kids?" type stunts work on idiots.

LOL how much did you short tesla with?

Amazon doesn't make money? What?

AWS and the digital media side of Amazon make a ton of money, the rest of it barely breaks even and relies on the former to cross-subsidize it so they can keep their prices competitive and continue their operations.

People have been trying to convince the world that TSLA was overpriced since before this runup. If it was overvalued at $180 a share, then it sure as fuck would be at $900. But it's hard to claim a moral victory against Tesla bulls when its still well above what it was in December. It's a hype stock so we're gonna see wild swings for a while.
It's still a crash on almost no news.
Just like Bitcoin crashed despite it having "sick gainz" for a few years.

Western Electric, they were the research, engineering, and manufacturing arm for AT&T back in the Ma Bell days. But yeah, Westinghouse too.

As an EE I can honestly say I've never heard of them. Alacatel, Lucent, Bell labs ... of course.

Learn something new everyday.

lol delusional.
20% in a single day is the definition of a crash to anyone besides a hardcore fan.
The entire 2008 crash, known as a major depression, was 30% in a YEAR.

I've said several times i don't own so i don't give a fk. The people i know that do own it are up 400% still...id hardly call that a crash

Last edited:
I see it as no different than gambling.
To a degree that is exactly what it is.

However smart money can be applied and reaped more consistently through smart investments.

Some gambling can be said to be the same but not most.

I've said several times i don't own so i don't give a fk. The people i know that do own it are up 400% still...id hardly call that a crash
Again, delusions of selective anecdotal bias.
Any stock going down 20% in a day on tens of billions in volume is a crash whether your bros bought it for much cheaper at some point or not.
Just like going up 20% in a day on similar volume is an explosion.

Most main street folks are transfixed on two types of euphoria: the claims/potential of the company, or the pure capital gain opportunity they see in it.

What other company has such flagrant public concern for stock price and associated public perception at this financial scale?
It's both historic and totally batshit at the same time and most folks won't stop to realize we're a 20 year cycle from the last time mass potential over profit tech euphoria hit.

Any stock going down 20% in a day on tens of billions in volume is a crash whether your bros bought it for much cheaper at some point or not.

Most main street folks are transfixed on two types of euphoria: the claims/potential of the company, or the pure capital gain opportunity they see in it.

What other company has such flagrant public concern for stock price and associated public perception at this financial scale?
It's both historic and totally batshit at the same time and most folks won't stop to realize we're a 20 year cycle from the last time mass potential over profit tech euphoria hit.

I disagree. It's a very unique and volatile stock in that it has had many days where it swings 15% or more, most of those being upward. Of course a correction is going to be as extreme as the breakout days.

I'm not a tesla owner and i don't plan to be. I think it's rise from 500-900 was mostly fomo and hysteria. If you have a hard fast rule for a certain daily percentage drop being a crash then by all means call it a crash. Imo a stock crash has other implications then merely a percentage....that is that the company and its share holders are in serious trouble. I believe the opposite it true...95% of tesla owners are delighted and would still be even if the price drops another 20%. I mean who doesn't expect tesla to come back to the 5 or 600s? And the company is doing great.

So call it a crash if you want idgaf...you just come off as bitter or you like to argue semantics.

You know your shit.

But if people invested in Tesla at much lower price than what it is today, then who cares if it crashed. They’re still ahead.

One guy said last time Tesla would crash after 420 Joe Rogan Podcast. It’s gone way up since then. I wouldn’t compare this to Bitcoin - more like to Netflix. Company that hasn’t/barely made any profit and the stock is so high. Netflix hasn’t really gone down for years and people know they’re not making money.

I disagree. It's a very unique and volatile stock in that it has had many days where it swings 15% or more, most of those being upward. Of course a correction is going to be as extreme as the breakout days.

I'm not a tesla owner and i don't plan to be. I think it's rise from 500-900 was mostly fomo and hysteria. If you have a hard fast rule for a certain daily percentage drop being a crash then by all means call it a crash. Imo a stock crash has other implications then merely a percentage....that is that the company and its share holders are in serious trouble. I believe the opposite it true...95% of tesla owners are delighted and would still be even if the price drops another 20%. I mean who doesn't expect tesla to come back to the 5 or 600s? And the company is doing great.

So call it a crash if you want idgaf...you just come off as bitter or you like to argue semantics.

Yeah, I bought at $17 and I'm just holding long term.

You know your shit.

But if people invested in Tesla at much lower price than what it is today, then who cares if it crashed. They’re still ahead.

One guy said last time Tesla would crash after 420 Joe Rogan Podcast. It’s gone way up since then. I wouldn’t compare this to Bitcoin - more like to Netflix. Company that hasn’t/barely made any profit and the stock is so high. Netflix hasn’t really gone down for years and people know they’re not making money.

The market can remain irrational for a very long time. But on a long enough time scale, it'll always trade to its fundamentals.

You know your shit.

The stock did go down after the weed smoking thing and you weren't paying attention if you think otherwise.
Again, I don't care about some dudes 4 year gains in a stock. Here and now, it crashed.
Things that crash hard have huge winners too. Different things.

Man, imagine if you hopped on the stock when it hit its high of 960. Its back down to 750. You'd have lost a years worth of reasonable gains, i.e. 20% over a year, in a few days.

I don't know what else to say than major companies don't have up down 10% swings a lot and Musk's choice to engage in behaviors that are clearly all about stock pushing only magnifies that volatility.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back