Tesla stock is going crazy

The current price is a risk imo. If the data TS showed in OP is correct there is a significant chance of that dropping before we see a significant lift again.

I've been wrong plenty of times before however.
It makes sense, the company hasn't even turned a profit yet.

That's problem with hype. Just look at Bitcoins history. There's nothing tangible to back crypto currency. It's basically selling a pipe dream, value inflated by speculation.

That's problem with hype. Just look at Bitcoins history. There's nothing tangible to back crypto currency. It's basically selling a pipe dream, value inflated by speculation.

Didn't it turn a profit last quarter?

As far as I know, Elon doesn't even report these things.

@brackis1 could probably tell you for sure.
Didn't it turn a profit last quarter?

Their profit was derived almost entirely of tax credits for purchase rebates for EV subsidies PLUS carbon credits they sold to other autodealers.
If/when those subsidies dry up and other companies aren't dying to buy carbon credits (to avoid fines from the EU for making too few EVs), these pure-profit revenue streams will slow.

Hope things go well for elon

Fan of his space program stuff
lol
"I hope this billionaire who already has everything in the world besides an extra level of worldwide egomaniacal adoration does okay for himself"'
Wild how many progressive/centrists cheer on a billionaire like he is their friend. Shows how effective retarded "How do you do, fellow kids?" type stunts work on idiots.

lol
"I hope this billionaire who already has everything in the world besides an extra level of worldwide egomaniacal adoration does okay for himself"'
Wild how many progressive/centrists cheer on a billionaire like he is their friend. Shows how effective retarded "How do you do, fellow kids?" type stunts work on idiots.

I actually have no clue what type of guy he really is.

I just think his space stuff is good thats all

Dont call me an idiot ,dumbass

Tesla's vehicle production only forms part of it's valuation. The last report I read was around 30%.

Long term the other parts of the business are going to pay off in a big way.
* Battery tech (each day the list of patents gets bigger)
* Solar Roofs (this could explode)
* Supercharger stations (they are basically going to own a large portion of every refueling station in NA.)
* Battery storage ( as battery tech improves and costs come down I see a day where these will be mandatory on all new home builds.)
* Tesla insurance (only in California atm but the plan is for Tesla to offer insurance to all tesla owners at a discount)

They also don't have the crippling union/pension legacy costs of GM/Ford.

I can see the day where they start to offer package deals. A solar roof, power cell, wireless home charger and insurance for price X. Maybe even offer you a discount on the price of the vehicle of you allow them to put a solar roof on your house (they collect profits).
I love these types of posts because they validate my bear thesis that it's all hypothetical scifi.

"
* Supercharger stations (they are basically going to own a large portion of every refueling station in NA.)
* Battery storage ( as battery tech improves and costs come down I see a day where these will be mandatory on all new home builds.)
* Tesla insurance (only in California atm but the plan is for Tesla to offer insurance to all tesla owners at a discount)"

-Can you actually name a single battery tech breakthrough they've made and why it was significant/patented? I'm guessing no
-Solar roofs (these could literally explode and theyve been sued for causing fires. Their solar roofs being installed right now use chinese solar arrays they don't even make)
-Supercharger stations: this isn't proprietary tech and non-Tesla charging stations are/will be built
-Battery storage.... so just repeating battery tech but with the word "storage". Generac produces a powerwall for home energy just like Tesla does. Generacs ENTIRE MARKET VALUE INCLUDING ALL THEIR PRODUCTS IS LESS THAN THE SINGLE DAY SPIKE IN TESLA TODAY. EVERYTHING. A MULTIDECADE OLD COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN POWER STORAGE SOLUTIONS PRODUCING BILLIONS IN YEARLY REVENUE BEING WORTH LESS THAN AN OVERNIGHT SENTIMENT RUN.
-Tesla Insurance - lol you think some auto manufacturer can just magically do exactly what the largest and most streamlined actuarial enterprises provide? Pipedream.

Last edited:
why didnt you tell me to buy some asshole?

Next time bro. Buy some Teladoc.

The real ballsy buy of the last decade was Domino's pizza. Who could imagine the stock returns far outpacing Tech?

atlas_S18QCJyhe.png

I actually have no clue what type of guy he really is.

I just think his space stuff is good thats all

Dont call me an idiot ,dumbass
Sorry for getting personally mean, but I'm speaking about the herd view on him/Tesla, not making a referendum on your overall intelligence.
He is a master of getting people to think "wow he did a cool rocket, therefor everything is amazing"

Wasn't Tesla the one who refused to trademark their engine or something too. So others could make clean engines

Sorry for getting personally mean, but I'm speaking about the herd view on him/Tesla, not making a referendum on your overall intelligence.
He is a master of getting people to think "wow he did a cool rocket, therefor everything is amazing"

Yeah i should be more clear in my post.

I just think that humanity should focus more on space stuff and think its a bit ignored.

I dont care who attempts to develop it forward as long as someone does

Wasn't Tesla the one who refused to trademark their engine or something too. So others could make clean engines
More pure propaganda fantasy by Tesla.
They "opened all their patents to use" (ex. you can patent a certain type of steering wheel design) knowing that people think that sounds super amazing and generous until you realize:
-At its core, all battery tech so far is minor adjustments to lithium-ion chem/ratios
-Any company that uses a Tesla patent would legally invalidate themselves from being able to enforce any of their own patents, so no real company would EVER expose themselves to this.

It's an empty boast that most of the world has been convinced was some generous donation of exotic scientific advancement.

I love these types of posts because they validate my bear thesis that it's all hypothetical scifi.

"
* Tesla insurance (only in California atm but the plan is for Tesla to offer insurance to all tesla owners at a discount)"

-Can you actually name a single battery tech breakthrough they've made and why it was significant/patented? I'm guessing no
-Solar roofs (these could literally explode and theyve been sued for causing fires. Their solar roofs being installed right now use chinese solar arrays they don't even make)
-Supercharger stations: this isn't proprietary tech and non-Tesla charging stations are/will be built
-Battery storage.... so just repeating battery tech but with the word "storage". Generac produces a powerwall for home energy just like Tesla does. Generacs ENTIRE MARKET VALUE INCLUDING ALL THEIR PRODUCTS IS LESS THAN THE SINGLE DAY SPIKE IN TESLA TODAY. EVERYTHING. A MULTIDECADE OLD COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN POWER STORAGE SOLUTIONS PRODUCING BILLIONS IN YEARLY REVENUE BEING WORTH LESS THAN AN OVERNIGHT SENTIMENT RUN.
-Tesla Insurance - lol you think some auto manufacturer can just magically do exactly what the largest and most streamlined actuarial enterprises provide? Pipedream.

When I look at battery tech there's 2 things I look for; energy density and charge cycles. There's a maximum theoretical energy density for any given battery chemistry, last time I checked we were at around 1/2 to 2/3 of the theoretical max for lithium-ion with currently available cells, and it's not projected to get much better due to physical limitation in battery construction. Then we look at charge cycles, full charge cycles are stuck at 500-1000 and have been for many years, once again, those pesky physical limits get in the way. Keeping highly reactive metals from reacting in unwanted ways is hard, who could've known?

Thanks to science we can calculate the theoretical energy density of any battery chemistry, we know which materials we need to stuff into a cell if we want say, twice the storage capacity of lithium-ions. There's folks working on these things in various research labs. Tesla ain't one of them. Tesla's a great PR and marketing company, but they don't have the fundamental research and knowledge base to execute their plans. They don't have the equivalent of say, a Western Electric or Bell Labs to carry out research and make shit happen.

In all truth. Every currency is exactly that. Yes the US dollar is backed by A gold reserve but the truth is the money we have is only powerful due to society deeming it so. It's just printed paper at the end of the day.

This is exactly why I bought bitcoin when it was brand new. The world latches onto new shit they think is the next step. 1 currency across the world was a no brainer imo.

In all truth. Every currency is exactly that. Yes the US dollar is backed by A gold reserve but the truth is the money we have is only powerful due to society deeming it so. It's just printed paper at the end of the day.
Well the US Dollar was backed by gold. Now it's backed solely off of the Federal Reserve. Which at least is something. Bitcoin has nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care that Bitcoin exists and I have no problem with people buying and selling it. It is after all their money and they are free to spend it how they choose. But the idea that there's something that will keep it from being becoming worthless overnight is laughable.

Back