Terrorist attack in London

also theres no reason to think letting in refugees is gonna turn us into an islamic state especially if they're a minority. the math doesn't work like that lol

What a "genius".
Tell that to countries like Lebanon who lets in arab refugee's and within a generation they had taken over the country with their sky high birth rate and turned the place into a shithole.
You have classic "student gwant" logic .

Some news outlets over here are really pushing the 'Norwegian' angle while refusing to state that while this guy was a Norwegian citizen, his ethnic background/religion is anything but Scandinavian.

We all know what this guy was. The news outlets are running with him being Norwegian to avoid having to admit there's been a terrorist attack on our turf by a Muslim, and are also drumming in that he had mental problems rather than admit the true motive behind his attack (which lets be honest, is 99% likely to be that he's a Muslim who doesn't like non-Muslims).

Very similar to how George Zimmerman was reported as being a "white latino" in America.

This latest guy is being spun as a Norwegian-Somalian... with most emphasis on Norway..
Classic MSM lies.

I would have snatched that kid up, put 'em in the back of the SUV, fed him some bacon, and taken him straight to foster care.
8202486.jpg

This bullshit is absurd agree.

Very similar to how George Zimmerman was reported as being a "white latino" in America.

This latest guy is being spun as a Norwegian-Somalian... with most emphasis on Norway..
Classic MSM lies.

I'm not even going to argue this. It's retarded parsing at the highest level. Your spiel doesn't even reach the level of speciousness.

This is most pretentious version of "i'm wrong," that I've ever heard. I make an argument backed by all of modern sociology and its "retarded parsing at the highest level." You post a wikipedia chart made by an 8th grader and i'm supposed to take it seriously. What sort of adult debates in such a manner?

You know why there's an absence of ALL of the world's major religions?

Take a wild guess. I bet you can't guess why. I bet you can never guess why "Christian terrorism" and "Buddhist terrorism" isn't on the list... which would bring the entire conversation back to square one, an earlier post you chose to ignore.

You're glib. Look up both of those and you'll see they have a far higher death toll than fuckin anti-Castroism. Instead of assuming that maybe your hastily-googled Wikipedia bar graph wasn't a great source, you're trying to convine me that The Lord's Resistance Army, which has killed an estimated quarter of a million people, doesn't qualify as religious violence. Brool Story, Co.

Using your own logic, Islam kills more as a percentage of extremist attacks than men kill as a whole. So let's please drop this shallow attempt to throw a red herring into the mix.

If I didnt understand how percentages work, this would be a stellar argument. Unfortunately, I do.

So what you're saying that, out of the constant mayhem and outrageous violence that men commit on an hourly basis, there is a small category of that violence that is dominated by Muslim men.

So though the specific point of my argument was to look at violence as a whole rather than this very specific niche of violence, you're saying that I should look at this very specific niche of violence?

Okay.

I never mentioned murder and I figured you'd be able to deduce I was talking about terrorism when I mentioned killing random people.

You responded to me, not the other way around. You engaged me in conversation when I was talking about violence as a whole, not just terrorism. Don't engage in conversation, change the topic, then accuse me of shifting goalppsts when I try to keep to the original discussion.

[quoteEven then, all the points listed above still stand. If you're going to say the vast majority of terrorist attacks that lead to casualties/fatalities are committed by men, you also have to be logically consistent and admit the vast majority of terrorist-related casualties/fatalities are done by Muslims - even grouping in politically-motivated terrorism.[/quote]

This literally has not been up for debate a single time in this conversation.

I'm done. Not really too stoked about debating with someone who thinks Wikipedia is a better source than the entire field of Sociology and its a hassle doing this on my phone. You've started using gifs and memes anyeay, so I think its pretty clear that you've won this one. Congrats.

Some news outlets over here are really pushing the 'Norwegian' angle while refusing to state that while this guy was a Norwegian citizen, his ethnic background/religion is anything but Scandinavian.

We all know what this guy was. The news outlets are running with him being Norwegian to avoid having to admit there's been a terrorist attack on our turf by a Muslim, and are also drumming in that he had mental problems rather than admit the true motive behind his attack (which lets be honest, is 99% likely to be that he's a Muslim who doesn't like non-Muslims).
KHewe6RSnULJd_qCsmCyKfxE9rywTLEbuPsrZimfrN8.jpg

The English police arrested a man on a knifing spree.

You Yanks MIGHT'VE shot a man on a shooting spree.

This is the way both countries like it; keep your guns tough guy, we don't need em.

* IN case you are American
We Americans will and you English keeps dying in the streets from these lone wolf types. May god take pity on your poor souls.

We Americans will and you English keeps dying in the streets from these lone wolf types. May god take pity on your poor souls.

Lol OMG, I'm so scared of dying. Help me Jesus.

You don't know where I live (obviously), but I don't live in London (can you name many other cities in England, hillbilly?) I promise you where I live is one of the last places a terrorist nut would attack.

Go Google odds of being victim of a terrorist attack.

Oh noes, I need a gun cos imminent death is imminent : (

we can fight it with military intervention across the globe with all our allies, but banning refugees is stabbing yourself in the foot. theres absolutely no good that can come from it in the long term. its just ignorant posturing thats repeated by trump when he says 'we need to act tough' but gives absolutely no viable solutions to the problem. i dont understand why you'd want sabotage yourself by doing something that makes everything worse. it might be 'tough' but its also incredibly stupid

also theres no reason to think letting in refugees is gonna turn us into an islamic state especially if they're a minority. the math doesn't work like that lol

How the fuck is banning refugees stabbing yourself in the foot? There are tons of countries that do not accept refugees that are doing just fine.

Military interventions will not work. Bombing guys in Syria will do nothing to stop western muslims that you invite to your country from killing you.

Trying to make some form of argument of it being more dangerous in England than the US is pretty hard given the fact that the US has over 4 times as high intentional homicide rate as the UK. As horrible as the terrorist attacks are they don't change that murder is murder.

Trying to make some form of argument of it being more dangerous in England than the US is pretty hard given the fact that the US has over 4 times as high intentional homicide rate as the UK. As horrible as the terrorist attacks are they don't change that murder is murder.

It's fine in the USA. Just don't go into the hood.

It's fine in the USA. Just don't go into the hood.

Having lethal crime more focused on some areas isn't unique to the US so it doesn't affect the ratio in any way that changes the argument. The fact remains that the poster that tried to make it out like England is more unsafe in this regard was completely wrong, which was the entire point.

Well well well

Another Muslim attack.

we can fight it with military intervention across the globe with all our allies, but banning refugees is stabbing yourself in the foot. theres absolutely no good that can come from it in the long term. its just ignorant posturing thats repeated by trump when he says 'we need to act tough' but gives absolutely no viable solutions to the problem. i dont understand why you'd want sabotage yourself by doing something that makes everything worse. it might be 'tough' but its also incredibly stupid

You might want to look up the most popular name in the UK right now. A minority that has three or more times children than the majority does not stay a minority for long.

The US has had more people die from terror attacks than the UK in the last few years. We have armed police, they were there on the scene but used tasers instead of bullets. When someone wants to randomly stab someone there's not much you can do to stop the initial attack.

Back