Terror suspect killed in Ontario town

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by sangreporsangre, Aug 11, 2016.

1. sangreporsangre

sangreporsangre Gold Belt

So a little excitement for the town of Strathroy, ON near London. A Muslim - a Canadian convert, a white boy - was killed by the RCMP after he was apparently in the process of carrying out a terror attack.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...tential-terrorist-threat-public-not-in-danger

So what do my fellow Canuckleheads think about this, will we get more attacks? Was this just a "lone wolf" or do you guys think he legit had contact with ISIS? Obviously he was balls-deep in the online jihad world but did he actually make any meaningful contact with ISIS or any other Islamic terror groups I wonder, did he have help planning this out. All speculation at this point obviously, there's not a lot of details out now so hopefully more will be forthcoming.

This guy was already kind of high profile up here, there was a lot of controversy over the conditions of that peace bond that was set on him. It was quite a sticky little scenario....the guy hadn't really committed a crime, there was no evidence that he had sent any money to ISIS or tried to join them, but he was tweeting all their propaganda shit. The Feds came down on him hard, and eventually they made a compromise.....but obviously they kept their eyes on the pos.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ener-status-in-aaron-driver-hearing-1.3138064

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...fights-attempt-to-limit-his-freedom-1.3300061

SRN, dissolved and redwire like this.
  2. JudoThrowFiasco

JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark Platinum Member

damn, i have a lot of family in Strathroy. Its as boring of a town as you could possibly imagine -- so this should keep them entertained for a while.

That being said, i am glad the RCMP has this guy in their crosshairs and had no qualms ending him when they had to. Freedom of association should have limits and identifying as an ISIS supporter should most definelty be one of them.

The advantage we have with this in Canada is our distance from ISIS strongholds. Our lone idiots will need some form of online or telephony to obtain information or communicate with ISIS members and that gives LEO an advantage because it will leave a digital fingerprint. It may also give them more justification is using questionable technology like stingrays which have also been a point of contention among canadian laws and law enforcement.

I am not a fan of giving people known to be supportive of terrorism or fanaticism peace bonds. Its pretty easy to disappear off the grid in a country with the land size and small population as Canada has. Its a blurred line between taking away their freedom and keeping a vigilant eye on them; in this case they were dealing with a doofus -- but a more intelligent person could provide problems.

This isnt the first or last incident we will see of this nature -- let just hope the people in charge to keep an eye on the ball do not end up dropping it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. Dayman1984

Dayman1984 Purple Belt Platinum Member

Good riddance to him. Hopefully the person injured will be okay.

trolololol likes this.
  4. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

Good way to start the day, hearing a jihadi was taken out.

5. ryan3434

ryan3434 Purple Belt

They were pretty quick getting the guys name out there and even a picture to make sure everyone new he was white lol

I'm in Hamilton a couple of hours away. London seems to be a 'hot' spot for terrorist action.

kickboxjh and HockeyBjj like this.
  6. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

If you look up dumb ass white boy online this guys picture would be one of the ones to come up.

Glad they got him before he did more damage or killed people.

Crazy Diamond and dissolved like this.
  7. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

Man I'm glad i grew up in a time when being an outsider meant i listened to music that was only semi-popular and i thought i could only go after girls with black lipstick.

8. Sakuraba808

Sakuraba808 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I bet he was a muslim apologist and guilt filled liberal who wanted to repay the atrocities in the middle east caused by the west with his life.

kickboxjh and Blackened like this.
  9. YoungBoyd

YoungBoyd Milletinin lideridir Erdoğan

Another mentally ill guy. Easy prey for jihadi recruiters.

RIP

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  10. dissolved

dissolved Steel Belt

One of the positive remains of the Harper administration is a vigilant and on-top-of-things police force. I hope to God Trudeau doesn't gut the behind the scenes anti terrorism network which is actually quite strong in Canada.

Devout Pessimist likes this.
  11. redwire

redwire Few and Far Between

They seem to be very quiet about the person injured. What's that about? Is it just taking time to contact their family, or something else I wonder?

12. dissolved

dissolved Steel Belt

Or just an unstable idiot kid (for lack of a better word) who adopted a diseased ideology.

Blackened and HockeyBjj like this.
  13. BOWHUNTER

BOWHUNTER Gender: Attack Chopper Banned

Were fucked when those goat fuckers come en masse and leech off the system then suicide bomb the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto. I work downtown and worry

dissolved likes this.
  14. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Isis is realizing that Islam can seem like a place to belong for the absolute losers and mentally unfit, and they are beginning to capitalize

dissolved likes this.
  15. electricfuneral

electricfuneral Red Belt

Amen!

16. Badger67

Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Lonewolf. Not worried. Our rcmp have stopped a few attacks prior to happening.

17. Banchan

Banchan Banned Banned

Really stupid . The head of csis said they have no way to stop series of imminent snack bar on our own soil and continued snack bar will just be a way of life in our future . But you continue to quote the media instead . Stay tuned youll feel like an ass for repeating this liberal cuckola .

18. sangreporsangre

sangreporsangre Gold Belt

Fuck I seriously dropped the ball with this thread title.....this would have been a perfect opportunity to use "guess the race".

Bald1, PRESIDENT TRUMP and JDragon like this.
  19. Badger67

Badger67 Taxidea taxus

With the amount of attacks they have stopped before these asshats have had a chance to initiate, im more worried about getting shot at the eaton centre by regent park gangbangers, and even then im not concerned. Heck, there was a planned attack in my area a few years back. It was stopped. Not worried. Unlike the us and europe our track record at stopping them is a lot better.

PRESIDENT TRUMP likes this.
  20. LucasWithLidOff

LucasWithLidOff Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Too bad they killed him before Obama could invite him to the whitehouse.

dissolved and kickboxjh like this.