Terror suspect killed in Ontario town

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So a little excitement for the town of Strathroy, ON near London. A Muslim - a Canadian convert, a white boy - was killed by the RCMP after he was apparently in the process of carrying out a terror attack.

The suspect was identified as Aaron Driver. He was originally from Winnipeg and in his mid 20s. A supporter of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, he was the subject of a peace bond after he was detained by RCMP in Winnipeg in June 2015.

aaron-driver.jpg

FacebookAaron Driver, also known as Harun Abdurahman.
The bond stated there are “reasonable grounds to fear that he may participate, contribute directly or indirectly in the activity of a terrorist group.”

Driver was living in Strathroy. a community of about 20,000 about 40 kilometres west of London.

Driver had detonated a device that injured him and another person, his family said. He had another device that he was going to detonate, which is why police shot him.

In June 2015 in Winnipeg, RCMP sought a peace bond against Driver, also known as Harun Abdurahman, on the grounds he would “participate in or contribute to a terrorist group.”

He had been accused of posting jihadist propaganda on social media sites, some of it supportive of ISIL. Driver eventually agreed to the peace bond but did not face criminal charges.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...tential-terrorist-threat-public-not-in-danger

So what do my fellow Canuckleheads think about this, will we get more attacks? Was this just a "lone wolf" or do you guys think he legit had contact with ISIS? Obviously he was balls-deep in the online jihad world but did he actually make any meaningful contact with ISIS or any other Islamic terror groups I wonder, did he have help planning this out. All speculation at this point obviously, there's not a lot of details out now so hopefully more will be forthcoming.

This guy was already kind of high profile up here, there was a lot of controversy over the conditions of that peace bond that was set on him. It was quite a sticky little scenario....the guy hadn't really committed a crime, there was no evidence that he had sent any money to ISIS or tried to join them, but he was tweeting all their propaganda shit. The Feds came down on him hard, and eventually they made a compromise.....but obviously they kept their eyes on the pos.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ener-status-in-aaron-driver-hearing-1.3138064

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...fights-attempt-to-limit-his-freedom-1.3300061

damn, i have a lot of family in Strathroy. Its as boring of a town as you could possibly imagine -- so this should keep them entertained for a while.

That being said, i am glad the RCMP has this guy in their crosshairs and had no qualms ending him when they had to. Freedom of association should have limits and identifying as an ISIS supporter should most definelty be one of them.

The advantage we have with this in Canada is our distance from ISIS strongholds. Our lone idiots will need some form of online or telephony to obtain information or communicate with ISIS members and that gives LEO an advantage because it will leave a digital fingerprint. It may also give them more justification is using questionable technology like stingrays which have also been a point of contention among canadian laws and law enforcement.

I am not a fan of giving people known to be supportive of terrorism or fanaticism peace bonds. Its pretty easy to disappear off the grid in a country with the land size and small population as Canada has. Its a blurred line between taking away their freedom and keeping a vigilant eye on them; in this case they were dealing with a doofus -- but a more intelligent person could provide problems.

This isnt the first or last incident we will see of this nature -- let just hope the people in charge to keep an eye on the ball do not end up dropping it.

Last edited:
Good riddance to him. Hopefully the person injured will be okay.

Good way to start the day, hearing a jihadi was taken out.

They were pretty quick getting the guys name out there and even a picture to make sure everyone new he was white lol

I'm in Hamilton a couple of hours away. London seems to be a 'hot' spot for terrorist action.

If you look up dumb ass white boy online this guys picture would be one of the ones to come up.

Glad they got him before he did more damage or killed people.

Man I'm glad i grew up in a time when being an outsider meant i listened to music that was only semi-popular and i thought i could only go after girls with black lipstick.

I bet he was a muslim apologist and guilt filled liberal who wanted to repay the atrocities in the middle east caused by the west with his life.

Another mentally ill guy. Easy prey for jihadi recruiters.

RIP

Last edited:
One of the positive remains of the Harper administration is a vigilant and on-top-of-things police force. I hope to God Trudeau doesn't gut the behind the scenes anti terrorism network which is actually quite strong in Canada.

Good riddance to him. Hopefully the person injured will be okay.

They seem to be very quiet about the person injured. What's that about? Is it just taking time to contact their family, or something else I wonder?

I bet he was a muslim apologist and guilt filled liberal who wanted to repay the atrocities in the middle east caused by the west with his life.

Or just an unstable idiot kid (for lack of a better word) who adopted a diseased ideology.

Were fucked when those goat fuckers come en masse and leech off the system then suicide bomb the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto. I work downtown and worry

Isis is realizing that Islam can seem like a place to belong for the absolute losers and mentally unfit, and they are beginning to capitalize

Lonewolf. Not worried. Our rcmp have stopped a few attacks prior to happening.

Lonewolf. Not worried. Our rcmp have stopped a few attacks prior to happening.
Really stupid . The head of csis said they have no way to stop series of imminent snack bar on our own soil and continued snack bar will just be a way of life in our future . But you continue to quote the media instead . Stay tuned youll feel like an ass for repeating this liberal cuckola .

Fuck I seriously dropped the ball with this thread title.....this would have been a perfect opportunity to use "guess the race".

Really stupid . The head of csis said they have no way to stop series of imminent snack bar on our own soil and continued snack bar will just be a way of life in our future . But you continue to quote the media instead . Stay tuned youll feel like an ass for repeating this liberal cuckola .

With the amount of attacks they have stopped before these asshats have had a chance to initiate, im more worried about getting shot at the eaton centre by regent park gangbangers, and even then im not concerned. Heck, there was a planned attack in my area a few years back. It was stopped. Not worried. Unlike the us and europe our track record at stopping them is a lot better.

Back