International Terror attack in Auckland, New Zealand.

Well WS aren't rare unfortunately.

WS that become terrorists are luckily rare though.
Same logic can be used for Islamic supremacists. The kicker? There's almost double the number of Muslims (lots of bleedover as there's quite a few white Muslims) than white people and a much higher percentage of them hold views you'd think are extreme.

@Loiosh
Lovely post but anecdotes don't change facts. And I stated verifiable facts.

Eh, I would say it's about the same when you take atrocities committed by groups like the KKK throughout the years such as the Tulsa race and Lawrence massacres, which the klan took part in. The KKK between 1867 to 1877 killed over 3,000+ lives and singlehandedly destroyed what was supposed to be the Reconstruction era.

From what I understand, according to statistics of terrorism committed in the United States throughout the years (also counting planned/failed attempts), the far right has a higher count overall than Islamist terror groups but Islamist terror groups have the highest count for single terror attacks like 9/11.

No extremist group is blown out of proportion, Islamist, white supremacist or whatever. Both are a threat that need to be stopped.

The Klan is pretty much a joke now-a-days. Decades ago, they were a serious threat in Southern States, because a lot of people in positions of authority sympathised with them or belonged to the Klan. We still have people in authority who sympathize with W.Power but it's not the Klan per see. The only thing the Klan does now is occassionaly march, but they have virtually no support. And I am saying this as a leftist, so I have no reason to minimize the impact of the Klan.

*130 people, educated immigrants from a dozen countries working in a tech environment.

This is the difference. I too know a lot of great people who are Muslim.

Unfortunately, some of these immigrants are being plucked from what could be the 7th century. They are just incompatible with modern society.

The world needs to accept a truly fundamentalist Islamic country and just try to funnel all of them there, rather than force them on the world. Of course, what do you do when they hide their true intentions, jihad.

Same logic can be used for Islamic supremacists. The kicker? There's almost double the number of Muslims (lots of bleedover as there's quite a few white Muslims) than white people and a much higher percentage of them hold views you'd think are extreme.

@Loiosh

Islam, Christianity.... is there any difference?

No, not really.

@Loiosh

So you say. Personally I think it's pretty complicated and arguably zero percent of people take the time to formulate an educated opinion; yes I'm obviously a part of that zero percent, but I'm working on it.

Here's a pretty comprehensive report on Islam and the Patterns in Terrorism and Violent Extremism

There's a lot going on in that report, but here is what they considered that the clear patterns indicate:
  • First, the overwhelming majority of extremist and violent terrorist incidents do occur in largely Muslim states.
  • Second, most of these incidents are perpetrated by a small minority of Muslims seeking power primarily in their own areas of operation and whose primary victims are fellow Muslims.
  • Third, almost all of the governments of the countries involved are actively fighting extremism and terrorism, and most are allies of Western states that work closely with the security, military, and counterterrorism forces of non-Muslim states to fight extremism and terrorism.
  • Fourth, the vast majority of Muslims oppose violent extremism and terrorism, and,
  • Fifth, religion is only one of many factors that lead to instability and violence in largely Muslim states. It is a critical ideological force in shaping the current patterns of extremism, but it does not represent the core values of Islam and many other far more material factors help lead to the rise of extremism.

Fun fact: In Hilary Clinton's leaked emails she mentioned that Saudi Arabia and Qatar had been funding IS. The American government knew about this and still proceeded with the biggest arms deal of all time selling weapons and military equipment to Saudi Arabia. The American government has been knowingly providing IS with weapons and equipment. Why? One, because the MIC and The War on Terror is one of the easiest ways to take bllions of your taxpayer money and put it into the pockets of the elites. Two, because these jihadist factions are invaluable for fighting wars on behalf of America and Israel, wars that the American people would oppose such as the war against Syria. Your real enemies are in your government.

So you say. Personally I think it's pretty complicated and arguably zero percent of people take the time to formulate an educated opinion; yes I'm obviously a part of that zero percent, but I'm working on it.

Here's a pretty comprehensive report on Islam and the Patterns in Terrorism and Violent Extremism

There's a lot going on in that report, but here is what they considered that the clear patterns indicate:
  • First, the overwhelming majority of extremist and violent terrorist incidents do occur in largely Muslim states.
  • Second, most of these incidents are perpetrated by a small minority of Muslims seeking power primarily in their own areas of operation and whose primary victims are fellow Muslims.
  • Third, almost all of the governments of the countries involved are actively fighting extremism and terrorism, and most are allies of Western states that work closely with the security, military, and counterterrorism forces of non-Muslim states to fight extremism and terrorism.
  • Fourth, the vast majority of Muslims oppose violent extremism and terrorism, and,
  • Fifth, religion is only one of many factors that lead to instability and violence in largely Muslim states. It is a critical ideological force in shaping the current patterns of extremism, but it does not represent the core values of Islam and many other far more material factors help lead to the rise of extremism.
It seems you're defensive of Muslims because you keep making rebuttals to points I haven't made. Read the last few points before taking exception to this post please.

My second post was making fun of people who use the no true scottsman fallacy as it comes to Islam. Nothing was said about the average Muslim, but I did point out their religion starts off from a point of exclusion and intolerance. As in: nonbelievers aren't allowed in Mecca (where atheists are classified as terrorists) and apostasy is viewed as a crime in many Muslim states and even in the west is something that'll see you disowned by family in many cases. To which you replied you know many great people who subscribe to that faith. Great, so do I.

Then my little sideline with Wet Blanket happened where he apparently implied that there's no difference between Christianity and Islam. An absurd proposition. Why? This answer ties into my paragraph above. Jesus was the first real "liberal" of note. He preached tolerance, not judging and not forcing people to follow his path as well as being a pacifist to a point. The contrast between his actions and Moes is stark to say the least. They're both the ideals of their faith, right?

So while many people don't always follow doctrine and the examples set by those they claim to emulate, those examples are still relevant, right? Hell, it's a fairly recent phenomenon that Christianity is trying to be more Christ like (yes, an enormous generalization, but there's a point to it) as seen by the RCC's softening stance on all sorts of things including homosexuality. No way Jesus would have tolerated their rampant pedophilia, intolerance, Ill gotten riches, forced conversions or any other number of fucked up actions and demands made in his name.

So, to sum up. Of course there's going to be more assholes belonging to a faith whose play book (a trilogy in the case of Islam) was written by or about a complete asshole. Of course they will act out more, from our modern perspective, as "the most perfect man to ever live" would back their play. Doesn't mean they're all bad, but to ignore the roots of something is to operate half blind.

Here are those points:
- I've said it many times that Muslims are better than Islam.
- I'm an atheist and a staunch secularist
- I can't stand authoritarianism or anyone forcing others to act 8n accordance with beliefs not their own
- Christianity, by large, was a disgrace to the name for centuries that has left far reaching problems world wide
- Most people, as individuals just want to live a fulfilling life, but when forced into a regimented collective will act outside of their personality norms
- I'm way less concerned about terrorist attacks than indulging intolerant tendencies due to being nice or political correctness

Windbag out

Of course it has nothing to do with faith when they are inspired by Islamic State militant groups.
Using your logic anything done by the Westboro Baptist Church is Christianity’s fault.

Who actually knows a White Supremacist? I've yet to meet one.

according to these cultists white supremacy is everywhere

1_x_sLNgAEvxR9tgzZEOONyQ.png

Using your logic anything done by the Westboro Baptist Church is Christianity’s fault.

westboro baptist church took over 2 countries, declared it as christian state, kills anybody that rejects jesus and instructs their supporters to commit terrorist acts all over the world?

westboro baptist church took over 2 countries, declared it as christian state, kills anybody that rejects jesus and instructs their supporters to commit terrorist acts all over the world?
If the US fell apart socially and economically the way the Middle East has, if Kentuckians and Tennesseans were bombed and embargoed out of existence, you don’t think that would happen with Christian groups? You guys are truly living in denial if you think what’s happening in the Muslim world can’t or won’t happen with Christians. It has before, and I’m willing to bet it will again.

No it’s not.

The basis for a lot of their hate can be found in Old Testament verses. I know that modern day Christians distance themselves from the Old Testament, but WBC justify some of (not all of) their hate with very hateful Bible verses.

So yeah, kind of responsible.

Back