International Terror attack in Auckland, New Zealand.

KnightTemplar

Green(Goblin)Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A Sri Lankan man who was under surveillance by New Zealand police grabbed a knife from a display case in a supermarket and stabbed six people. No reports yet regarding the severity of their injuries, so hopefully they all recover.

The terrorist was shot dead by police within 60 seconds of beginning his attack. The NZ prime minister said his crimes were, "Islamic State inspired".

New Zealand PM Ardern says supermarket stabbing was 'terrorist attack' - BBC News

The man was killed within 60 seconds of beginning the attack, she said, adding that he had been inspired by the Islamic State militant group.

"It was hateful, it was wrong. It was carried out by an individual, not a faith," Ms Ardern said.

Of course it has nothing to do with faith when they are inspired by Islamic State militant groups.

The man was killed within 60 seconds of beginning the attack, she said, adding that he had been inspired by the Islamic State militant group.

"It was hateful, it was wrong. It was carried out by an individual, not a faith," Ms Ardern said.

Of course it has nothing to do with faith when they are inspired by Islamic State militant groups.
The no true KnightTempl... I mean Scotsman fallacy doesn't apply to Islam. The faith that doesn't allow nonbelievers in Mecca and punishes blasphemers and apostasy is tolerant and inclusive.

So the best a terrorist group can do is send people to get shot within 60 seconds?

You guys are scared of stabbings? Rofl

Mean while the middle east gets carpet bombed on the daily with multiple drone attacks

You guys are retarded

So the best a terrorist group can do is send people to get shot within 60 seconds?

Mean while the middle east gets carpet bombed on the daily with multiple drone attacks

You guys are retarded

giphy.gif

You guys are retarded
Reading your post I'd say you're the one who is retarded, Not A Real Fan.

Lone wolf amateur. 2nd terrorist attack in NZ history...well 3rd if you want to include the bombing of the rainbow warrior.

Bloke got snuffed out within 60 seconds, no other deaths.

Job well done imo. NZ still safe as houses.

I don't think I'd choose NZ as the place to fuck around.
They've got their people on the tightest of leashes.

The no true KnightTempl... I mean Scotsman fallacy doesn't apply to Islam. The faith that doesn't allow nonbelievers in Mecca and punishes blasphemers and apostasy is tolerant and inclusive.

*shrug*

I worked closely with thirty or so Muslim immigrants for a decade, some of whom were quite devout. We worked graveyard and during Ramadan I would break fast with them and talk. The whole group in the rollout room was probably 130 people, educated immigrants from a dozen countries working in a tech environment. Because we had so many Muslims we set aside a series of offices with the right facing so they could pray to Mecca.

I spent so long working so closely with Muslims it's frustrating to hear people talk about them. These people were my friends and I had an enormous amount of respect for them. There was obviously a wide spectrum to their devotion, from older men who took it very seriously to younger guys that lived the club scene. One thing about the younger guys was the respect they had for the older guys, they wouldn't smoke if they were around and wouldn't even consider talking about alcohol let alone drink near them. These were people that only knew one another through the job, but the younger guys absolutely refused to disappoint the older guys if they could avoid it, even though they didn't really share the belief.

I don't know why I'm saying all this. I had a decade of conversations with an insane variety of people from across the Muslim world, but at the end of the day it's just a pile of anecdotes. All I wanted to say is that they're just people to me. It doesn't seem right to paint two billion people with the extremist brush.

Not sure why he was allowed out of prison. They knew he was a threat, which is why he had watchers and was killed so quickly.
2 of the victims are critically wounded apparently.

Not sure why he was allowed out of prison. They knew he was a threat, which is why he had watchers and was killed so quickly.
2 of the victims are critically wounded apparently.

It gets worse: NZ police wanted to charge him under the Terrorism Prevention Act when they believed him to be planning a terror attack. But the case was dismissed by a judge who ruled that just planning an attack did not break the law.

<30>

Back