Terrible losing streaks/records

Lebowski

Cunning Linguist
@red
Reaction score
So for some reason today I thought of Sean Salmon. I have no idea why. Remember that guy who got his head kicked off by Rashad Evans way back when? He was 9-1 going into that fight.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sean-Salmon-14515

The poor guy has lost his last 12 fights in a row, the past five years. Not only that, but he hasn't lasted longer than 3.5 minutes into the first round of any of them. :icon_sad:

Just got me wondering how a fighter can keep doing that to themself. I guess maybe if they lack any other workforce skills, getting beat up for a couple thousand dollars every once in a while must be worth it?

Anyone know of any other fighters who are on bad losing streaks or just have a really bad record in general? I think I remember seeing some guy who was like 0-10 with all losses to armbars... lol.

Most of his losses are from tko as well. I don't know he would do that to himself.

So for some reason today I thought of Sean Salmon. I have no idea why. Remember that guy who got his head kicked off by Rashad Evans way back when? He was 9-1 going into that fight.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sean-Salmon-14515

The poor guy has lost his last 12 fights in a row, the past five years. Not only that, but he hasn't lasted longer than 3.5 minutes into the first round of any of them. :icon_sad:

Just got me wondering how a fighter can keep doing that to themself. I guess maybe if they lack any other workforce skills, getting beat up for a couple thousand dollars every once in a while must be worth it?

Anyone know of any other fighters who are on bad losing streaks or just have a really bad record in general? I think I remember seeing some guy who was like 0-10 with all losses to armbars... lol.

This is a pretty good read about Salmon

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/17/5417572/where-are-they-now-sean-salmon

Since 2008 Bob Sapp has gone 3-26 in both MMA and kickboxing combined.

His wins were over a debuting fighter who got caught adjusting the pro wrestling mask he had to wear, a guy who injured himself from a kick and Sascha Weinpolter who surprisingly doesn't actually seem to be a bad fighter.

Last edited:
I think the bigger question is why did Paul Bradley and Joe Vedepo try to pad their records by taking fights with that guy within the last few years

MMA Junkie made a cool article about him, it seems that he serves as a the ultimate last minute replacement. Low profile pro-fights get a lot of cancellations that small promotions can't afford, so they just call him and he'd fight anyone at anyweight he can make.

How do these guys keep getting cleared to fight from various state commissions?

I'm more amazed by the fact that in 133 fights he NEVER went the distance or even into the third round.

That is what "The Cannon" is famous for, he never sees the judges win or lose. Worth noting that he's also infamous for tapping the moment a hold is started and not even fighting it, sometimes not even waiting for pressure to be applied.

Back