Terrence Crawfords resume is inexcusable for a p4p fighter

The competition makes the fighter, not the trophy.

Well, yeah. He was still the man in two divisions and has never come close to losing. That's significant even if the divisions were weak at the time.

LOL at some one the replies to this thread. Crawford should absolutely be called out on resume. Fight someone with a pulse. Spence beats him easier than expected. The hurt difference in their power is gonna be apparent in that fight.

LOL at some one the replies to this thread. Crawford should absolutely be called out on resume. Fight someone with a pulse. Spence beats him easier than expected. The hurt difference in their power is gonna be apparent in that fight.

exactly

Yeah, its absurd that he tops P4P lists. No one he's beaten would be in anyone's top 50.
Kinda like Mikey Garcia, in fact exactly like Garcia except Garcia never could unify

How is he the top guy at 147?

I never understood fans who latch on to the guy who doesn't fight anyone and pretends he's the best simply because his promoter says so. Saw it with Lucian Bute in the super 6 too.

The only fighter you would even consider above him at 147 is Spence and Spence resume is worse then Thurman's and Porters because he actually only fought Brooks and struggled against him in a close fight until that eye socket, if you can't put anybody even close to Crawford then how is he not the top dog at 147 and even being a 3 weight class champion, your doing the same nonsense these fighters fans were pulling with Mayweather by claiming he hasn't fought anybody and you being a boxing fan first above being a fighter fan, should know this.

Crawford even knocked out the man who beat a younger version of Manny who just beat one time Keith Thurman and he's not a thinking fighter who can adapt and adjust to different styles.

Crawford has a deeper resume then most 147 fighters including Spence except for Manny and is a better boxer then everyone at 147 period including Spence Jr.

Y'all forget he beat the worlds greatest fighter Jeff Horn?

Crawfords resume name value is Poo Poo for sure I think the biggest name he has is Gamboa or Postol?, but he cleaned out 140 and was undisputed. but he should have defend the titles at least once you are not really a legit champion until you defend the belts. it would have been nice

Crawford pretty much is in a bad situation, he is stuck at Top Rank and his promoter refused to do business with PBC

Crawford only had Collazo and Brook as possible options.

Crawford has the weakest resume of all the welterweights, but on the eye test he has real skill

The only fighter you would even consider above him at 147 is Spence and Spence resume is worse then Thurman's and Porters because he actually only fought Brooks and struggled against him in a close fight until that eye socket, if you can't put anybody even close to Crawford then how is he not the top dog at 147 and even being a 3 weight class champion, your doing the same nonsense these fighters fans were pulling with Mayweather by claiming he hasn't fought anybody and you being a boxing fan first above being a fighter fan, should know this.

Crawford even knocked out the man who beat a younger version of Manny who just beat one time Keith Thurman and he's not a thinking fighter who can adapt and adjust to different styles.

Crawford has a deeper resume then most 147 fighters including Spence except for Manny and is a better boxer then everyone at 147 period including Spence Jr.
a match would be great against spence. i would slightly favour crawford because i find spence a little to bread and butter for my liking. i think crawford wins by having more style and better shot selection.

This post is riddled with bias, you can just tell by reading it.

First, to say "Spence is the only fighter you can argue resume wise against Crawford" is such a bullshit backhanded compliment. Yeah, no shit Spence has fought better fighters at WW. Crawford has 3 fights: Horn, Khan, Benavidez. Compared to guys like Brook, Peterson, Algieri, Bundu, etc. Not saying Spence has a flawless resume, but Brook and Peterson are far better than anything Crawford has done.

Secondly, enough with the sports math. Most people though Horn got an undeserved win against Manny. You think Horn beats Thurman? Styles make fights. Let's not go down this road. Considering Thurman and Crawford have not fought.

Third, stop trying to shit on Spence's win over Brook. The only reason you are doing that is because you are insecure that Crawford does not have a WW win that is even 1/4 as impressive. Spence won. He fought a really good WW and it was a competitive fight.....which Crawford would know nothing about because he fought scrubs.

Finally, your last point is purely opinion. How do you know Crawford would beat Porter, Brook, Thurman, Spence, Manny, Garcia, etc? The beauty of boxing is anything can happen on fight night. If Crawford were to fight Brook, that would be far and away his best opponent. Let's not act like he blows him out of the water because he KO'd Khan.

Crawfors is in a tough spot. There was a timr when TR had most of the biggest WW names, but it now only has Terence. Crawford, for me, shows himself to be a p4p level fighter, but he really doesn't have enough names or quality opposition, so I can see why people don't think he belongs.

Edit: and to his credit, he did unify an entire division. Yeah, it wasn't a murderer's row, but most champs don't/won't unify and become undisputed.

Last edited:
the only current p4p guy with an actual stellar resume is Canelo with champions, HoFers and p4p ranked guys spanning three weight classes. Crawford's isnt great but who's really is?

Spence is the best WW until someone beats him. I’d expect most fans feel the same
Id agree with that now. I still kept Thurman in that regard until this weekend, even though he’d been inactive. The Brook and Peterson wins were enough to secure that. Also the Mikey win counts for something.

Manny is right there though, which is pretty incredible.

I think I’m one of the few that give slightly, very slightly give the edge or favor Bud over Spence at this point.
Will have a better opinion with Spence/Porter ahead and Bud’s next match.

I would have agreed before the Mikey fight but because boxing is such a fuck up we'll probably never know.

This post is riddled with bias, you can just tell by reading it.

First, to say "Spence is the only fighter you can argue resume wise against Crawford" is such a bullshit backhanded compliment. Yeah, no shit Spence has fought better fighters at WW. Crawford has 3 fights: Horn, Khan, Benavidez. Compared to guys like Brook, Peterson, Algieri, Bundu, etc. Not saying Spence has a flawless resume, but Brook and Peterson are far better than anything Crawford has done.

Secondly, enough with the sports math. Most people though Horn got an undeserved win against Manny. You think Horn beats Thurman? Styles make fights. Let's not go down this road. Considering Thurman and Crawford have not fought.

Third, stop trying to shit on Spence's win over Brook. The only reason you are doing that is because you are insecure that Crawford does not have a WW win that is even 1/4 as impressive. Spence won. He fought a really good WW and it was a competitive fight.....which Crawford would know nothing about because he fought scrubs.

Finally, your last point is purely opinion. How do you know Crawford would beat Porter, Brook, Thurman, Spence, Manny, Garcia, etc? The beauty of boxing is anything can happen on fight night. If Crawford were to fight Brook, that would be far and away his best opponent. Let's not act like he blows him out of the water because he KO'd Khan.

I said the complete resume and not welterweight Crawford's complete resume is better then what Spence has done and Crawford's cleaning out two weight classes and being undisputed champion is a better resume then any top welterweight fighters period and ut isn't close and Crawford is the top dog at welterweight and in some eyes clearly number two at welterweight.

Spence hasn't fought anybody with a pulse for years period and his resume has no live bodies on it except Brooks period everyone else are stepping stones veteran body bags or just punching bags period, he only got his reputation from Floyd just because he gave Floyd a black eye in sparring period, case closed.

We will fin out how good is Spence and we already know how good is Crawford and we are just waiting for Crawford to destroy everyone else until the Spence fight gets made period.

So stop claiming Crawford hasn't fought anybody because this isn't true at all.

Id agree with that now. I still kept Thurman in that regard until this weekend, even though he’d been inactive. The Brook and Peterson wins were enough to secure that. Also the Mikey win counts for something.

Manny is right there though, which is pretty incredible.

Even though I expected Thurman to win I’d still have had spence no. 1 for those reasons. I still can’t believe he lost to manny. He obviously hasn’t dropped off as much as I thought

I said the complete resume and not welterweight Crawford's complete resume is better then what Spence has done and Crawford's cleaning out two weight classes and being undisputed champion is a better resume then any top welterweight fighters period and ut isn't close and Crawford is the top dog at welterweight and in some eyes clearly number two at welterweight.

Spence hasn't fought anybody with a pulse for years period and his resume has no live bodies on it except Brooks period everyone else are stepping stones veteran body bags or just punching bags period, he only got his reputation from Floyd just because he gave Floyd a black eye in sparring period, case closed.

We will fin out how good is Spence and we already know how good is Crawford and we are just waiting for Crawford to destroy everyone else until the Spence fight gets made period.

So stop claiming Crawford hasn't fought anybody because this isn't true at all.

They are 1 and 2 in the division. Both deserve to be p4p ranked. They just need to fight each other!

Back