News Terrence Crawford: “They don’t pay MMA [fighters] enough, I’m sorry.”

This. One of my training partners (currently in UFC) has been main card AXS TV/HDNet or UFC for literally the last 7 years of his life and he's broke as shit. He's in the top 1 or 2% of the sport and literally his wife had to move from part time to full time to pay bills.

Once he's done fighting he'll be even worst off. He'll be into his 30s with no real skills that pay, fitness industry is extremely saturated and low paying. He currently teaches (both AM and PM) at a jiu jitsu gym along with private lessons are he doesn't even net $2k a month (pretty typical for those that work fitness industry to be honest)

There is money in the UFC though, main event boxers or at least the A side get paid FAR MORE then main event UFC fighters when comparing comparable PPV numbers. Hell boxing PPV''s that sell less then UFC, the main event fighter or at least the A side is still getting paid more than his UFC counterpart. Why do you think the UFC is against the Ali act? Conor most likely got raped by Dana for what he made in the Floyd fight, meanwhile Floyd per normal gave a fixed sum to his long entrusted mystical advisor Al Haymon and a few others and laughed all the way to the bank as he always does. Canelo is getting paid $365m MINIMUM GUARANTEED for 11 fights on Dazn. Anthony Joshua in his next fight on Dazn in New York against Miller is getting paid $32m. Amir Khan is getting a minimum guaranteed of $5m against Crawford in April.

Hes the p4p best fighter on the planet.
220px-Vasyl_Lomachenko_023a.JPG

This is an old list I had to dig up from the archives. Obviously some of the boxers I mentioned are being paid a lot more now but it should give you an idea of what was happening back in 2017 and 2016 in the boxing PPV and non-PPV World and compare it to the peasants of UFC who unfortunately for them had to stick to MMA because they wouldn't have reached the upper echelons of boxing.

PPV FIGHTS
Anthony Joshua $20m+ VS Wladimir Klitschko $20m+ ------ April 2017
Amir khan $13m VS Canelo $15-20m ------ May 2016
David Haye $6m+ VS Tony Bellew $4m+ ------ March 2017
Sergy Kovalev $2m+ VS Andre Ward $5m+ ------ December 2016
Gennady Golovkin $2.5m+ VS Daniel Jacobs $1.75m ------ March 2017
Manny Pacquio $4m+ VS Jessie Vargas $2.8m ------ November 2016
Kell Brook $5m VS Gennady Golovkin $5m ------ September 2016

NON PPV FIGHTS

Danny Garcia $2m VS Keith Thurman $2m ------ March 2017
Keith Thurman $1.4m VS Shawn Porter $1m ------ June 2016
Shawn Porter $1m VS Andre Berto $1.2m ------ April 2017
Carl Frampton $1m VS Leo Santa Cruz $900k ------ January 2017
Adrien Broner $1m VS Adrian Granados $250K ------ February 2017
James Degale $950k VS Badou Jack $900k ------ January 2017
Deontay Wilder $900k VS Gerald Washington $250k ------ February 2017
Bernard Hopkins $800k VS Joe Smith Jr $140k ------ December 2016
David Lemieux $450k VS Curtis Stevens $350k ------ March 2017

It never ceases to amaze me that boxers I have never heard of somehow make much more money than MMA fighters .

you haven't heard of Terence Crawford?

lol, you literally do not watch ANY sort of boxing at all and it shows in this post. Terence is one of the best boxers on the planet today. Sad when "fans" don't even know one of the top 5 boxers in the sport lol

I love how people complain that fighters don't get paid enough and pirate the events simultaneously. Hypocrisy at it's finest. God Bless America.
Do you think if we all paid for the ppvs, magically over night UFC would give everyone a pay increase? I sure as fuck dont...

Do you think if we all paid for the ppvs, magically over night UFC would give everyone a pay increase? I sure as fuck dont...

Your logic is flawed and I sure you can see it yourself. So are you trying to advocate that people should steal PPV events?

I am pretty sure fighters would get a pay increase if there are more people buying the product. Think of it like this more PPV buys would incentivize other companies to form and compete against the UFC if they were underpaying their workers. The UFC would have to pay higher wages to keep their workers. It's just that simple.

He just doesn't want to admit that he wouldn't be very good. He's been a pro since 2008, is 34-0 with title defenses and has a net worth is $3.5 million. Jon Jones turned pro in MMA the same year, has had 10 fewer fights and multiple suspensions and drug busts and has a net worth of $10 million. His pay problem would only be because he wouldn't be as successful in MMA.

Net worth of $3.5 million?

Nothing I can find says he's worth less than $6 million.

Also, these sites aren't accurate at all anyway.

Terence Crawford was guaranteed $3.5 million and he was fighting on ESPN prior to this PPV fight he has with Amir Khan. This is what happens when you don't let the promoters take 85% of the money.

The argument that the prelim UFC fighters make more than undercard boxers is silly given that no one is getting money from undercard fights. They aren't televised. It's only now with the FOX deal that people have started to air undercard boxing and most are still put up on YouTube. The UFC is getting paid over $10 million in the US alone to air the prelim fights and UFC Stans jump around that they are paying guys $20K/$20K. Wow, what a great deal for those fighters!

If you're a draw in boxing, you're going to make money. If you're a draw in the UFC, you'll make whatever they feel like giving you. Conor was crowing about how he could make $50 million total if they sold 3.5 million buys against Khabib. Deontay Wilder is out there turning down $40 million a fight because it's not enough for a fight that might not even do a million buys and he's the B-side.

The UFC screws over fighters. All they care about is making money for themselves while the dummies punch each other in the head.

It never ceases to amaze me that boxers I have never heard of somehow make much more money than MMA fighters .
Dude Crawford is one of or the most biggest names atm out of current boxers. Loma and obviously Manny although his way out of his prime. I dont follow boxing and my hardcore mates talk about him all the time. Australia is way behind when it comes to boxing.

If you're looking to fight strictly for financial reasons, you'll go into boxing.

Easier to train, and you'll get paid more.

Also from my experience in my area, all the boxing gyms are cheaper than the Jiu-Jitsu and MMA gyms.
it's easier to train but harder to break into.

You go into boxing if you are skilled and can be a top dog, it's not like mma where guys like cm punk or Brock can just walk in and become champs.

Terence Crawford was guaranteed $3.5 million and he was fighting on ESPN prior to this PPV fight he has with Amir Khan. This is what happens when you don't let the promoters take 85% of the money.

The argument that the prelim UFC fighters make more than undercard boxers is silly given that no one is getting money from undercard fights. They aren't televised. It's only now with the FOX deal that people have started to air undercard boxing and most are still put up on YouTube. The UFC is getting paid over $10 million in the US alone to air the prelim fights and UFC Stans jump around that they are paying guys $20K/$20K. Wow, what a great deal for those fighters!

If you're a draw in boxing, you're going to make money. If you're a draw in the UFC, you'll make whatever they feel like giving you. Conor was crowing about how he could make $50 million total if they sold 3.5 million buys against Khabib. Deontay Wilder is out there turning down $40 million a fight because it's not enough for a fight that might not even do a million buys and he's the B-side.

The UFC screws over fighters. All they care about is making money for themselves while the dummies punch each other in the head.
Amazing white belt post and 100% true.

The fact huge boxing fights don't happen because fighters are fighting over 10s of millions has been the biggest problem.

UFC tried to drop Ferguson pay when khabib pulled out last time... Didn't offer him more to fucking save a card.

Amazinf how greedy they are.

Net worth of $3.5 million?

Nothing I can find says he's worth less than $6 million.

Also, these sites aren't accurate at all anyway.
https://thenetworthportal.com/celeb-net-worth/athlete/boxers/terence-crawford-net-worth/

That one says 3.5, but it doesn't matter. It's still roughly the same as DC, Tyron Woodley, GSP's is 25-30 million, Aldo is 9 million, Jones is at least 10 million, Holloway's is a little less but either way, most of the UFC champs with a few defenses have about the same net worth or higher than Crawford so money is not really the reason he wouldn't do MMA. James Toney got pretty good money for fighting 1 time and lost in about a minute without taking any damage.

This. One of my training partners (currently in UFC) has been main card AXS TV/HDNet or UFC for literally the last 7 years of his life and he's broke as shit. He's in the top 1 or 2% of the sport and literally his wife had to move from part time to full time to pay bills.

Once he's done fighting he'll be even worst off. He'll be into his 30s with no real skills that pay, fitness industry is extremely saturated and low paying. He currently teaches (both AM and PM) at a jiu jitsu gym along with private lessons are he doesn't even net $2k a month (pretty typical for those that work fitness industry to be honest)

Name of training partner?

You wouldn't put Spence or Canelo in that conversation?
Spence, not Canelo.. I'd say Spence, Crawford, and Lomachenko are top 3 current p4p best in Boxing today.

Literally never and I've followed UFC since #54

Although perhaps Australia is too far away to hear of these dudes.

I heard about it when Horn beat Pacquio and that's about it
Crawford is one of the biggest stars in boxing, and has been for a long time. lmao

Back