Terrance McKinney says injury doesn't seem bad, needs more tests, wants to be like Conor

Dude Incredible

Ngannoustradamus
@Titanium
Reaction score
I'm all about Terrance McKinney at this point. Really hope he is okay. Gonna support him turning his life around always.

‘I’m an idiot,’ McKinney talks about injury at UFC 263 (msn.com)

Well my title is kinda the cliffs on top of calling himself an idiot in the heat of the moment. The article does mention that the Frevola was his 3rd T/KO in 50 days as well. Very impressive.

I'm all about Terrance McKinney at this point. Really hope he is okay. Gonna support him turning his life around always.

Well my title is kinda the cliffs on top of calling himself an idiot in the heat of the moment. The article does mention that the Frevola was his 3rd T/KO in 50 days as well. Very impressive.
It happened to Gary Goodridge when he beat Oleg in Pride.

He shouldnt feel too down on himself,it happens.

It happened to Gary Goodridge when he beat Oleg in Pride.

He shouldnt feel too down on himself,it happens.
Thanks for the Pride drop. I'm back looking at it now and it doesn't seem like it was the celebration. Gary seems to realize it much later after that when the adrenaline was wearing off a bit and Bas speculated it might have been from the head kick. I might have missed it tho.

I agree he shouldn't be hard on himself tho.

He should aim higher than having one win in the last four years and being the greatest multi-sport panic-athlete.
giphy.gif

He should aim higher than having one win in the last four years and being the greatest multi-sport panic-athlete.
He wants the money. Thats the reason most guys are here. Many have expressed admiration for tthe amount of money the guy can generate and how he's marketed himself.

Thanks for the Pride drop. I'm back looking at it now and it doesn't seem like it was the celebration. Gary seems to realize it much later after that when the adrenaline was wearing off a bit and Bas speculated it might have been from the head kick. I might have missed it tho.

I agree he shouldn't be hard on himself tho.
Goodridge i think said later it was the jumping after the fight. Or that it made it worse. I could be wrong,its been a long time.

Everybody in the ufc wants to be like conor no surprise here,good luck to him

He wants the money. Thats the reason most guys are here. Many have expressed admiration for tthe amount of money the guy can generate and how he's marketed himself.
Conor fans are just a bunch of annoying teenagers who think the word "fook" is a cool saying.

Conor fans are just a bunch of annoying teenagers who think the word "fook" is a cool saying.
Yeah. And these fighters want their money.

Goodridge i think said later it was the jumping after the fight. Or that it made it worse. I could be wrong,its been a long time.
NP. You've got a great memory and I love going back and watching shit. I only watched that event a couple of times and didn't have a good memory. Johnny Walker was the other one that comes to mind but I bet other fighters have hurt themselves in celebration especially jumping off the top of the cage. If I got a 7 second KO in my first UFC fight I'd definitely be freaking out too.

NP. You've got a great memory and I love going back and watching shit. I only watched that event a couple of times and didn't have a good memory. Johnny Walker was the other one that comes to mind but I bet other fighters have hurt themselves in celebration especially jumping off the top of the cage. If I got a 7 second KO in my first UFC fight I'd definitely be freaking out too.
Yep. Even the guys that dont hurt themselves,you can tell doing a backflip off the cage after a 5 round war is a pretty dangerous stupid thing to do. If injuries were more frequent theyd probably try to stop them from doing it altogether.

with all due respect, McGregors knockout wasn't the reason he was a sensation. It was the shit talking about backing it up that made him sensation. He was able to captivate people. Hopefully this dude can share his story, but yeah he's an idiot for doing that. I wish him well though.

Glad the dude ain't badly injured.
As excited as fighters are to WIN....doing risky stuff like adrenaline-fuelled high cage-jumps seems really pretty silly and sooner or later they'll regret it if they are injured unable to fight (=losing money!) after doing a celebratory cage-jump or some such shit.

Brazilian 205lb dude is a case in point. Johnny Walker. Exited fight, healthy.....does stupid celebration and INJURED. have the discipline NOT to do that, it's just self-defeating obviously.

Yep. Even the guys that dont hurt themselves,you can tell doing a backflip off the cage after a 5 round war is a pretty dangerous stupid thing to do. If injuries were more frequent theyd probably try to stop them from doing it altogether.
Chandler and Gaethje terrify me doing it. Dana said he wanted to ban it before I think. Does the event staff tackle the fighter at that point? If the ref is helping a KOed fighter on the other side of the ring you ain't stoppin' shit for a good 5-10 seconds, and especially not if Khabib goes off the top rope into the opposing corner, lol. On top of smeshing someone he could have hurt himself catastrophically as well lol.
with all due respect, McGregors knockout wasn't the reason he was a sensation. It was the shit talking about backing it up that made him sensation. He was able to captivate people. Hopefully this dude can share his story, but yeah he's an idiot for doing that. I wish him well though.
Well said

Chandler and Gaethje terrify me doing it. Dana said he wanted to ban it before I think. Does the event staff tackle the fighter at that point? If the ref is helping a KOed fighter on the other side of the ring you ain't stoppin' shit for a good 5-10 seconds, and especially not if Khabib goes off the top rope into the opposing corner, lol. On top of smeshing someone he could have hurt himself catastrophically as well lol.

Well said
All he can really do is give fines if they do. But I understand his trepidation as well.

Back