Terminally bored...

Anybody suffer suffer boredom, to the point that life doesn't seem like it's worth living? It's pretty standard for me. I usually do something crazy, spend a few weeks getting over it, then I start getting stupid bored until I do something crazy all over again...
Boredom is a choice imo...

Anybody suffer suffer boredom, to the point that life doesn't seem like it's worth living? It's pretty standard for me. I usually do something crazy, spend a few weeks getting over it, then I start getting stupid bored until I do something crazy all over again...

How about getting him a pet?
To ease the pain of solitude?
My step brother suggested that but my step dad worries it will out live him being he's in his 70s and it'd end up in a shelter.

My step brother suggested that but my step dad worries it will out live him being he's in his 70s and it'd end up in a shelter.
I was going to suggest:
“Then go to a shelter and find a middle age that needs to be adobpted”
But then, the pet could buy the farm and your stepdad would probably not take it well.

No solutions, only trade offs.

You're making me sad, Cuffs(
Sozzles. Sad time all round. I really feel bad for old people on their own when their spouse has passed away, but with Covid and it being cold, just wish I could go and give him a hug.

Boredom is a choice imo...

Nah nah nah. Listen if you were 400 years old and had done literally everything, you'd be bored. It's not just a choice.

Take for instance video games. Young people play new types of games all the time. But in my 40s, I almost fall asleep when I see a first person shooter. I've played hundreds of them. Then platformer... yeah done that. Football? Soccer? Pff. So it's hard to even find an entertaining video game. Because I'm old and experienced.

But I still like tits though, like it's the first time I ever saw a woman take her shirt off. I got that going for me.

Exercise, go explore a place you haven't been to before. If you get sick or are confined to your house then video games and good movies. But exercise is the first thing. Get a good machine (elliptical or rowing) for the house if gym is not an option.

bored? no. Ennui? sure

Exercise, go explore a place you haven't been to before. If you get sick or are confined to your house then video games and good movies. But exercise is the first thing. Get a good machine (elliptical or rowing) for the house if gym is not an option.
I have been exercising a fair bit, doesn't cut the mustard. Need that genuine rush...

Am with you. It's called existential boredom (as opposed to situational boredom, which is acute). Read a good book about it awhile back, Philosophy of Boredom by Lars Svendsen, interesting shit. I don't have a solution unfortunately, am still trying to cope with it :(

i m so bored i looked up a crappy old videogame

Back