Terere spotted.. He is mentally ill and homeless

Can't enuff friends force it tho?

I'm not saying thery can at all but you would think he could be force fed taken care of.

They gotta force it...

I work in a psych hospital and in my experience forcing people into treatment is only useful in emergency type scenarios unless you're gonna lock them up for life. People must want and work for their own mental healing so to speak to have any hope of recovery.

I work in a psych hospital and in my experience forcing people into treatment is only useful in emergency type scenarios unless you're gonna lock them up for life. People must want and work for their own mental healing so to speak to have any hope of recovery.

Friends and family should still be able to wheel and deal him around till he maybe gets better? Shouldnt they keep them comfortable and more capable? Family and friends for support.

Its not like he's a violent alky or criminal. We do it with our sick or senile family/grandparents if not give them a home and care.

Actually, sorry. I suppose there are many other circumstances.

what just because he was a BJJ fighter, you feel sorry for him but walk by the person bummign change outside a coffee shop, without thinking twice?

Would you or anyone else know what his exact mental illness is? What I mean to say has it been diagnosed or is the behavior the descriptor? If someone acts crazy or mentally ill, it could just be an abnormal chemical reaction in the body. After a diagnosis has been made, medication can be tried and altered if need be. I deal with these types of people from time to time who act crazy, get the diagnosed and is fed meds and then are perfectly normal again. Of course they commited a crime which brought them to prison which got them the help but there are other ways I'm sure even in Brazil.

I never knew the man but I respected his skills when I first started and still do. Terrible, terrible thing to happen.

hey mate! how's everything?

I will PM you regardibg this..

I trained with Terere for a few months here in San Diego just before his incident on the plane from Miami. One of the most amazing jiu jitsu athletes I have ever rolled with. His flow was untouchable.

This is very sad news... The guy came from nothing and was able to make a life for himself with BJJ. I wish him the best and hope he can pull it together.

Friends and family should still be able to wheel and deal him around till he maybe gets better? Shouldnt they keep them comfortable and more capable? Family and friends for support.

Its not like he's a violent alky or criminal. We do it with our sick or senile family/grandparents if not give them a home and care.

Actually, sorry. I suppose there are many other circumstances.

Most people do what they can. But doing too much for someone with a problem is enabling their condition and making it less attractive for them to battle out of it themselves.

It's always "easier" to wallow in your own misery than to try and better yourself.

Pretty sure he tapped him out with a triangle in the mundials one year.

the fight in the background :wink:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1D09gomkyoU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1D09gomkyoU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWFSS9OP5jY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWFSS9OP5jY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Terere is spotted? Strange description of his appearance.

That article wasn't really clear on what had changed to make him return to BJJ, I wonder what happened. Mental illnesses don't usually just disappear for no reason...

EDIT - Either way, that's awesome that he's back.

Perhaps he was never mentally ill, just tripping on drugs?

Hopefully he's back for good. What an unbelievable athlete.

bumporeliavi5.jpg

Back