Terere spotted.. He is mentally ill and homeless

Honestly guys most mental illness is 'spawned' when first using drugs. Mental illness may be within your system and certain (drug(s) may cause it to awaken. I have a feeling this is what happened to Terere.

Example: How Panic Use And Marijuana Are Linked: HealthyPlace.com Anxiety and Panic Community
Little Weed has really jacked some people up. I'm doing a study on this now. Anyhow...

So the #@!#! has hit the fan for Terere, now is the time to see who his true family/friends are. We all go through life hoping we can trust and or count on people when we need them. Hopefully someone out there will help Terere.

Doesn't he have a family?

I don't care how crazy my brother was, I would at least make sure he wasn't living on the streets.

Can't believe this thread has no mention with his fight against Roger. it was so damn close!

<div><object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2h1eo&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2h1eo&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h1eo_roger-gracie-vs-terere_sport">Roger Gracie vs Terere</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/z3nm0nkey">z3nm0nkey</a></i></div>

Another great moment after his fight with ROger. Whoop Terere!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWFSS9OP5jY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWFSS9OP5jY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I met his father at a barbecue in Cantagolo last year. Cool guy.

Sadly, like many people with problems, Terere has been offered or given help several times from what I've heard but haven't been able to pull himself together enough to benefit from it.

Sure it was Terere and not Q-Mystic??? :)

Those videos remind me about how naturally athletic he was.

One of the best athletes in BJJ, up there with Jacare.

That whoop terere video is so moving especially considering where he is at now

Honestly guys most mental illness is 'spawned' when first using drugs. Mental illness may be within your system and certain (drug(s) may cause it to awaken. I have a feeling this is what happened to Terere.

Example: How Panic Use And Marijuana Are Linked: HealthyPlace.com Anxiety and Panic Community
Little Weed has really jacked some people up. I'm doing a study on this now. Anyhow...

Regarding Terere (and the many others in a situation similar to his) I can only echo the same sense of distress others have already enunciated here.

I do want to address GroundWorks comment about drugs, specifically marijuana, as a 'cause of mental illness -- that is simply unsubstantiated by evidence--and believe me, lots of people have looked/are looking really hard for it (I'm only referring to marijuana here, though drug use - mental illness causality is a difficult thing to study in general).

With the exception of one gross statistical study published a few years ago (the interpretation of which is disputed) the general consensus is that marijuana is not psychologically harmful, at least in any direct manner. There is a strong relationship between mental illness and drug use; the general thinking being that drug use is a form of "self-medication" by the mentally ill, combined with worse decision making skills.

I don't personally use marijuana, but I don't like seeing resources going to things like misguided wars on drugs when they could be used to, for example, create effective programs to treat the mentally ill.

My thoughts and concern to Terere & his family and friends, and others in their situation.

He needs to make an instructional: Grapple like a Madman!

So the #@!#! has hit the fan for Terere, now is the time to see who his true family/friends are. We all go through life hoping we can trust and or count on people when we need them. Hopefully someone out there will help Terere.

Most mental illness is genetic and not "awaken" by drug. That is not to say drug use makes a bad thing worse. People with mental issues however are more likely to use drugs to to self medicate.

But this isn't merely Terrere life going off the rails, he likely has serious problems and there is no return to a normal life. Hopefully he has friends who will do there best to help him live as normal as a life as he can.

all i will say is this, Fernando is a great guy and so is his father chiu barriga and the rest of his family are lovely people.

all i will say is this, Fernando is a great guy and so is his father chiu barriga and the rest of his family are lovely people.

Would you or anyone else know what his exact mental illness is? What I mean to say has it been diagnosed or is the behavior the descriptor? If someone acts crazy or mentally ill, it could just be an abnormal chemical reaction in the body. After a diagnosis has been made, medication can be tried and altered if need be. I deal with these types of people from time to time who act crazy, get the diagnosed and is fed meds and then are perfectly normal again. Of course they commited a crime which brought them to prison which got them the help but there are other ways I'm sure even in Brazil.

I never knew the man but I respected his skills when I first started and still do. Terrible, terrible thing to happen.

I met his father at a barbecue in Cantagolo last year. Cool guy.

Sadly, like many people with problems, Terere has been offered or given help several times from what I've heard but haven't been able to pull himself together enough to benefit from it.

Can't enuff friends force it tho?

I'm not saying thery can at all but you would think he could be force fed taken care of.

They gotta force it...

Sure it was Terere and not Q-Mystic??? :)

Can Terere do a sweet ippon seoinage?:D

Didnt think this nut hugger would be in here eh judo?

I have hit close to bottom, but I'm still quite ok.:icon_chee

Back