Rumored Terence Crawford vs Yordenis Ugas

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/06/terence-crawford-expected-to-face-yordenis-ugas-next/

What we’re looking at is Crawford winding up-facing highly ranked #1 WBA, #3 WBC Yordenis Ugas (25-4, 12 KOs)

boxing-LR_TGB-PBC-ON-FS1-FIGHT-NIGHT-YORDENIS-UGAS-WINS-TRAPPFOTOS-FEB012020-7143.jpg

Ugas looked good against Porter last year in a close loss. Since then he's beaten a couple decent fighters in Figueroa and Dallas. He's not an easy out. The losses on his record have all been in close fights with the possible exception of his loss to Imam (though I never saw it, Imam won a UD).

Once again Bob Arum proving right that Al Haymon does not work with other promoters.

If this fight does happen that would be what, the 5th Haymon advised fighter that fights Crawford?? Thats not including other Haymon fighters that have fought under Top Prank against other TR fighters.

Ugas looked good against Porter last year in a close loss. Since then he's beaten a couple decent fighters in Figueroa and Dallas. He's not an easy out. The losses on his record have all been in close fights with the possible exception of his loss to Imam (though I never saw it, Imam won a UD).

I agree with all this except Omar Figueroa Jr is trash. A hard man, but a walking punching bag. Ugas rightfully dominated him.

He’s a damn good test for Crawford, which makes it hard to believe that this is a fight he’s considering. A decisive win over Ugas would go along way to legitimizing his claims of Welterweight supremacy. I doubt it happens

Ducking Porter tho.

I'd love to see it. In context, Ugas would likely be Crawford's toughest challenge yet.

The Imam fight was also relatively controversial, even if Ugas didn't look particularly good in it.

Love it I thought Ugas was robbed vs Porter
Finally a not just good but great fighter for Crawford

Good fight for Crawford. I think Bud wins this in the later rounds, and I don't rank Porter that highly imo.

Crawford would stop Porter.

Good fight for Crawford. I think Bud wins this in the later rounds, and I don't rank Porter that highly imo.

Because hes stopped all those other top dogs on his resume, and Porter hasnt fought anyone who could put it on him?

Spence is a bigger puncher with a higher output and he didn't come all that close to stopping Porter. As a few others on here have said, at some point Porter is likely due to be stopped due to the wear and tear on him and his propensity to walk into big shots at times, but without a clear decline (and the war against Spence might speed up that decline), I'd be shocked if Crawford would be the one to do it.

I'd love to see it. In context, Ugas would likely be Crawford's toughest challenge yet.

It think Postol was a better match up, and TC's best win.

This is acceptable tho, given Ugas moving up and looking quite good lately.

It think Postol was a better match up, and TC's best win.

This is acceptable tho, given Ugas moving up and looking quite good lately.

Yeah, it's debatable. Depends a lot on exactly where you think Matthysse was at when Postol stopped him.

This is why I watch more UFC these days .... where the best guys actually fight each other regularly

Back