Terence Crawford claims Bob Arum’s ‘revolting racial bias’ hurt his career

Canelo. That was hard.

i disagree. imo, canelo should really have at least three losses on his record (floyd, lara, ggg II)...and even if you give canelo the benefit of the doubt against trout and jacobs, he looked less than impressive against plant and even a washed up bjs.

on the other hand, crawford has dominated and kod 13 of all of his 16 title opponents including unifying at 140.

People are getting sick to death of this bullshit.
this is boring till death.
Majority of heavily promoted in europe boxers aren't europeans. So euro origin lads might start to claim that against them is used racism ( against euro origin ppl ).

Didnt cameron dunkin, an arum business associate expose arums racist views about black fighters
I think only race Bob does love is money.
Anyway, there is MVP and also are afro american origin boxing managers to sign with.
Why not?

Bob gave him for title defense this green for pro top 10 Mean Machine.

Racism had prevented him to fight Errol Spence Jr during long time? SURE, cos then punches will not be racistic etc bullshit.

Bob, likes or not, does have pros and cons, he is old school etc and still most likely best boxing promoter in US.

i disagree. imo, canelo should really have at least three losses on his record (floyd, lara, ggg II)...and even if you give canelo the benefit of the doubt against trout and jacobs, he looked less than impressive against plant and even a washed up bjs.

on the other hand, crawford has dominated and kod 13 of all of his 16 title opponents including unifying at 140.
Name Crawford's 3 best wins.

No, he's playing the race card because he's claiming he was mistreated for his race, when there is literally 0 evidence to support that fact and he also reupped his contract with them several years ago . If Crawford wanted big fights with PBC fighters or DAZN fighters , then he should have signed with them, not Top Rank. As it is, he claims he didn't get big fights yet Bob got him title fight after title fight andhe sits at the top of many P4P lists. What evidence is there that he was some kind of victim? People are getting sick to death of this bullshit.
but arum DIDNT get bud the big fights!...bob was supposed to get him the pac fight. i saw somewhere arum said he didnt want pac go get destroyed by bud so he turned the fight down. can you imagine what it would do to buds career to be the man to turn pacs lights out...arum was supposed to get the spence fight...been talking about it for years. still not anywhere close to it happening.

bud is not where he is because of any favors bob did for him....he is where he is because he worked his ass off and fought his ass off and has remained undefeated...it was up to bob to also work HIS ass off to get bud the big money fights. bob failed. but did arum fail to get tyson fury big fights...did he fail to get teofimo big fights. hell no! what does that tell you about his committment to bud.

Last edited:
but arum DIDNT get bud the big fights!...bob was supposed to get him the pac fight. i saw somewhere arum said he didnt want pac go get destroyed by bud so he turned the fight down. can you imagine what it would do to buds career to be the man to turn pacs lights out...arum was supposed to get the spence fight...been talking about it for years. still not anywhere close to it happening.

bud is not where he is because of any favors bob did for him....he is where he is because he worked his ass off and fought his ass off...it was up to bob to also work HIS ass off to get bud the big money fights. bob failed. but did arum fail to get tyson fury big fights...did he fail to get teofimo big fights. hell no! what does that tell you about his committment to bud.
So according to you he has the best resume p4p in boxing. And then you say Arum didn't get him big fights. Which is it?

So according to you he has the best resume p4p in boxing. And then you say Arum didn't get him big fights. Which is it?
bud has the best resume because he has DOMINATED all his championship opponents in three weight classes. the point i am making is, with the possible exception of porter and gamboa, he hasn't had the truly BIG fights like canelo had with floyd and lara and ggg...canelo has fought bigger names, but he has arguably lost to most of them or struggled, so his resume is weaker than buds. but canelo has had opportunities bud hasnt had such as a pac fight and a spence fight, both of which bud has been demanding for years. this is why bud fired arum...for not getting him the big fights he actually deserves.

porter, horn, postol...you could also throw in benavidez, gamboa, diaz and burns
Yep. I rest my case. An exceptional fighter with a mediocre resume. And zero personality to boot.

And with playing the race card like this in such a cuntish manner, I've gone from being a fan of his, to hoping he loses every fight for the rest of his career.

bud has the best resume because he has DOMINATED all his championship opponents in three weight classes. the point i am making is, with the possible exception of porter and gamboa, he hasn't had the truly BIG fights like canelo had with floyd and lara and ggg...canelo has fought bigger names, but he has arguably lost to most of them or struggled, so his resume is weaker than buds. but canelo has had opportunities bud hasnt had such as a pac fight and a spence fight, both of which bud has been demanding for years. this is why bud fired arum...for not getting him the big fights he actually deserves.
Pac chose his opponents at that stage of his career. Arum couldn't do shit if Pac didn't pick Crawford. As for Spence, a significant amount of people blame Crawford for that not happening. If he really wanted to fight Spence, why did he re sign with Arum?

Yep. I rest my case. An exceptional fighter with a mediocre resume. And zero personality to boot.

And with playing the race card like this in such a cuntish manner, I've gone from being a fan of his, to hoping he loses every fight for the rest of his career.
so, your problem with bud is that he keeps winning, remains undefeated and he has no personality...geeez. but you have no problem with arum NOT doing his job which is to deliver the big fights.

it is not a fighters job to have a personality. it is his job to keep winning. bud has held up his part of the bargain by dominating championship level fighters in three weight classes and remaining undefeated. that is all he is supposed to do...

does canelo have a PERSONALITY....not that i can see. canelo fights and wins and thats it. why is bud REQUIRED to do so much more than that.

so, your problem with bud is that he keeps winning, remains undefeated and he has no personality...geeez. but you have no problem with arum NOT doing his job which is to deliver the big fights.

it is not a fighters job to have a personality. it is his job to keep winning. bud has held up his part of the bargain by dominating championship level fighters in three weight classes and remaining undefeated. that is all he is supposed to do...

does canelo have a PERSONALITY....not that i can see. canelo fights and wins and thats it. why is bud REQUIRED to do so much more than that.
Canelo has an entire country behind him. Just as AJ does. Crawford doesn't. This isn't complicated. And it has absolutely nothing to do with Crawford being black.

Pac chose his opponents at that stage of his career. Arum couldn't do shit if Pac didn't pick Crawford. As for Spence, a significant amount of people blame Crawford for that not happening. If he really wanted to fight Spence, why did he re sign with Arum?
i disagree with you about arums inability to do anything about pac choosing another opponent over bud. if it is really true that arum didnt have the ability to deliver on his promised big fights to crawford, he should gracefully bow out of the contract with bud. no excuses. it is his JOB to get the big fights...you sign a contract promising certain things...if you cant deliver you deserve to be fired. but the thing is bob even SAID he didnt want the pac fight because he was sentimental about manny. once again, it is not the fighters job to help the promoter get the big fights. the fighter and promoter aint friends. it is up to the promoter to do his job!...i understand the economics behind boxing, but you telling me bob could promote three fights between fury and wilder, but he couldnt do one crawford-spence fight.

yeah right.

Canelo has an entire country behind him. Just as AJ does. Crawford doesn't. This isn't complicated. And it has absolutely nothing to do with Crawford being black.
sorry, gotta call BS...canelo is a heavily MARKETED fighter. imo, canelo is not even the best mexican fighter....theres guys like estrada, oscar valdez and gilberto ramirez. the difference is the hype and promotion behind canelo that's been going strong since he broke through beating old guys like ssm and baldomir. how do you explain why canelo even at that early stage of his career got so much hype even compared to a guy like navarette who is an exciting young champ today.

i disagree with you about arums inability to do anything about pac choosing another opponent over bud. if it is really true that arum didnt have the ability to deliver on his promised big fights to crawford, he should gracefully bow out of the contract with bud. no excuses. it is his JOB to get the big fights...you sign a contract promising certain things...if you cant deliver you deserve to be fired. but the thing is bob even SAID he didnt want the pac fight because he was sentimental about manny. once again, it is not the fighters job to help the promoter get the big fights. the fighter and promoter aint friends. it is up to the promoter to do his job!...i understand the economics behind boxing, but you telling me bob could promote three fights between fury and wilder, but he couldnt do one crawford-spence fight.

yeah right.
You can't force two people to fight. If Spence or Crawford didn't want the fight, then what?

And are you going to answer me? Again, if Crawford wanted to fight Spence, why did he re-sign with Arum? The apparent massive racist?

Arum's response, btw.

Bob Arum emphatically denied Terence Crawford’s contention that his former promoter is a racist in a lawsuit Crawford filed Wednesday in Nevada.

The 90-year-old promoter dismissed Crawford’s lawsuit as “frivolous” and a “malicious extortion attempt” in a statement released to BoxingScene.com on Wednesday afternoon.

“Bud Crawford’s lawsuit against Top Rank is frivolous,” said Arum, a Harvard-educated attorney who began promoting boxing in 1966. “His vile accusations of racism are reckless and indefensible. He knows it, and his lawyer knows it. I have spent my entire working life as a champion of Black boxers, Latino boxers and other boxers of color. I have no doubt the Court will see Crawford’s case for the malicious extortion attempt that it is.”

Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Ray Leonard and Floyd Mayweather are among the legendary Black fighters Arum has promoted during his 55-year run as a promoter.

For details on Crawford’s lawsuit, in which he seeks nearly $10 million in damages, click here: https://www.boxingscene.com/terence-crawford-sues-top-rank-breach-contract-claims-racial-bias--163399.

Arum’s company promoted Crawford, who is Black, for more than eight years. The Omaha, Nebraska, native has been one of the highest-paid boxers in the sport during that time.

The 34-year-old Crawford – who is generally regarded as one of the top three boxers, pound-for-pound, in the sport – indicated during the post-fight press conference following his 10th-round technical knockout of Shawn Porter on November 20 in Las Vegas that his promotional partnership with Top Rank had come to an end. In his lawsuit, however, Crawford contended that Top Rank still owes him one fight on the contract extension that was announced in September 2018.

The personal relationship between Arum and Crawford took a negative turn after Crawford’s fourth-round stoppage of England’s Kell Brook in November 2020 in Las Vegas. Arum infamously stated after Crawford made a $4 million guarantee for beating Brook in an essentially empty MGM Grand Conference Center that he could’ve built another house in Beverly Hills with all the money he lost promoting Crawford’s fights.

Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) reportedly earned a $6 million guarantee for fighting Porter (31-4-1, 17 KOs). Porter, a former IBF and WBC welterweight champion, is the most formidable foe Crawford has encountered in the six fights since the former lightweight and undisputed junior welterweight champion moved up to the welterweight division early in 2018.

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-cr...e-case-malicious-extortion-attempt-it--163402

what do you mean by MEDIOCRE resume...that makes no sense. you saying it matters more that you fight a whole lotta big names and they kick your ass than fighting guys who may not be big names but still at the championship level and you dominate them... if that is what you mean by big names, then the best resume in boxing until recently was manny pac...but i didn't see his name on top of any pfp rankings. i wonder why

This is really how people outside of the US view boxing
I mean just looking at the communities
Boxing seems way more focused on this, compared to mma for example
Kickboxing has a good chunk of it too, but boxing takes the cake

What about outside of US?
The same Chisora, who never had world title most likely had earned with boxing not lesser than Loma and Usyk together.
Pumped up by eddie and co boxers are: A.J, Okolie, Buatsi, Conor Benn. In europe.
More well known these: A.J, Fury, Chisora, Whyte, Joyce, Dubois ( HW ) and Usyk.
Clear non euro origin boxers dominance in HW divsion. Beautiful " racism ".
U.K had more non european origin big names in boxing than white guys during last decades: Eubank Sr, Haye, Benn, A.J, Lewis.

Sure, damn big racism in europe.

Back