Terence Crawford a free agent ?

I look forward to Bud's new career with Matchroom and some other various opponents.

bud needs to be careful about signing long term deals with any promoter. outside of spence, he doesnt have a list of opponents that are even close to lucrative.

id tell him to do a 1 fight deal with PBC if they give him 50/50 and then if he wins, do the canelo thing and maintain your freedom going forward.

if he loses, id tell him pull an anthony joshua and get a dazn/matchroom deal so you can make good money fighting cans twice a year lol.

yeah i'm sure it was arum's fault the spence fight didn't happen.

bob arum is a decrepit wanker, but this one's on you, bud.

Not surprised. A little while back Arum came put and crapped all over Crawford saying he had no star power.

Regardless of whose fault it is that Bud and Spence haven't fought to this point, if Bud goes elsewhere and agrees to fight Spence and the other top WWs, or even move up and fight Charlo/Castano, it immediately shifts all the blame off of himself and on to Arum.

Don't blow the huge chance you have now Bud.

I don't blame Arum 100%. The PBC isn't super easy to work with. Besides Spence I would say he has two other fights that bring him big paydays. Tank Davis moves up or He goes to 154 and Fights Tim Tszyu in Aus.

I don't blame Arum 100%. The PBC isn't super easy to work with. Besides Spence I would say he has two other fights that bring him big paydays. Tank Davis moves up or He goes to 154 and Fights Tim Tszyu in Aus.

Umm what?

So TC has Spence - who doesnt seem interested in fighting Crawford - Thurman and Josh Taylor. Danny Garcia didnt want the fight in April, 2019 and has set his sights on 154 although he will be completely ineffective there.

Tank Davis is fighting a no name at 135. He's not moving up to WW to fight Crawford.

Regardless of whose fault it is that Bud and Spence haven't fought to this point, if Bud goes elsewhere and agrees to fight Spence and the other top WWs, or even move up and fight Charlo/Castano, it immediately shifts all the blame off of himself and on to Arum.

Don't blow the huge chance you have now Bud.

...what ? Not many people blame Bud today.

Spence has never been to a TC fight before but went last night. He left before the postfight interview. He knew damn well he couldve walked in the ring and challenged Bud. BAM - superfight. That easy, but nope.

Spence didnt want the fight last night and is on RECORD saying he doesnt want to fight African Americans (Bud) and Terrence was "across the street".

Most peeps I know in real life think Spence is ducking.

...what ? Not many people blame Bud today.

Spence has never been to a TC fight before but went last night. He left before the postfight interview. He knew damn well he couldve walked in the ring and challenged Bud. BAM - superfight. That easy, but nope.

Spence didnt want the fight last night and is on RECORD saying he doesnt want to fight African Americans (Bud) and Terrence was "across the street".

Crawford was at Spence's fight with Garcia and he didn't go and challenge Spence.

Crawford was at Spence's fight with Garcia and he didn't go and challenge Spence.

Read somewhere that Crawford was told he wasnt allowed to go into the ring postfight.

Then when Spence was interviewed at the postfight he acted like a diva, "I dont know why hes here".

And the PBC puppies eat that stuff up XD

Either Spence grits his teeth and fight Bud, or he moves up to 154 and takes on fighters there.

Both are actually reasonable options since Spence is slightly bigger (and by slightly it's the difference between an easy and a pain in the ass weight cut to 147) and taller...

and because the difference between 147 and 154 isn't as much as some people here would suggest it to be since it's hardly impossible for boxers to move up multiple weight classes at a time. Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, and Roberto Duran did it.

inb4 complaints about comparing someone like Spence Jr to past greats like the three mentioned above but there has to be some standards here since Spence Jr is a ranked P4P fighter (by Ring TV, Boxrec, etc.)

Spence Jr being cautious with his career is understandable though, especially after that car crash (debatable since he didn't break any bones over it), but he doesn't have too many fights left in his career if he's only going to be fighting once a year.

That's at most btw.

Last edited:
Either Spence grits his teeth and fight Bud, or he moves up to 154 and takes on fighters there.

Both are actually reasonable options since Spence is slightly bigger (and by slightly it's the difference between an easy and a pain in the ass weight cut to 147) and taller...

and because the difference between 147 and 154 isn't as much as some people here would suggest it to be since it's hardly impossible for boxers to move up multiple weight classes at a time. Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, and Roberto Duran did it.

inb4 complaints about comparing someone like Spence Jr to past greats like the three mentioned above but there has to be some standards here since Spence Jr is a ranked P4P fighter (by Ring TV, Boxrec, etc.)

Spence Jr being cautious with his career is understandable though, especially after that car crash (debatable since he didn't break any bones over it), but he doesn't have too many fights left in his career if he's only going to be fighting once a year.

That's at most btw.

I may be in the minority but I never understood why Spence was so highly regarded. His best accomplishment to date is besting old Floyd during sparring. And Spence actively avoided greatness in Thurman and Crawford fights.

Spence is a damn good fighter but he's always been the taller, longer fighter, and usually the heavier fighter. Not a knock on him but for being at 1 weight class his whole career it seems degrading to lump him with SRL, Duran, etc (not that you were doing that).

Never knew why some had him P4P, never thought he was. Maybe briefly after Mikey Garcia because it seemed like he was being avoided and he dominated old Lamont and small Mikey, but very underwhelming career. Sad thing is I don't know if he wouldve taken meaningful fights without the car accident or retina injury...because hes shown he really doesnt care.

Spence moving to 154 is completely rationale and wouldn't surprise me at all.

Back