Teofimo's defence.

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
been watching teofimo (love the aggressive style and big punches) and i noticed that he has a rather strange way of defending the left hook. instead of rolling under it like your supposed too, he takes a step back to his left and momentarily switches to southpaw. a smart fighter could possibly fake a left hook or double up on the right and catch him. also he lunges a lot, but i'm sure you'll seen that shit.

Last edited:
been watching teofimo (love the aggressive style and big punches) and i noticed that he has a rather strange way of defending the left hook. instead of rolling under it like your supposed to he takes a step back to his right and momentarily switches to southpaw. a smart fighter could possibly fake a left hook or double up on the right and catch him. also he lunges a lot, but i'm sure you'll seen that shit.
Interesting. No fighter is 100% without holes, but sometimes I've noticed fighters who seem so many steps ahead of their opponent, they set traps with "bad" fundamentals to draw the opposition into a counter opportunity, but these young buck prospect also always think they are invincible and cant get caught or ignore trainers until they eventually do get KOd for their troubles.

I hope Lopez becomes something special, him and Haney and Stevenson could put on some good fights. Definitely rooting for those 3 to make waves and get in there with guys like Loma and Davis. But I get what you are saying. Haney looks awesome, but I noticed him moving straight back several times in his last fight when he had plenty of lateral movement he was showing in the fight, I just figured he felt so in control he didnt care, or just hadn't hammered the bad strategy out of his game yet. There's a reason they are supposed to come up slow in the pros.

Interesting. No fighter is 100% without holes, but sometimes I've noticed fighters who seem so many steps ahead of their opponent, they set traps with "bad" fundamentals to draw the opposition into a counter opportunity, but these young buck prospect also always think they are invincible and cant get caught or ignore trainers until they eventually do get KOd for their troubles.

I hope Lopez becomes something special, him and Haney and Stevenson could put on some good fights. Definitely rooting for those 3 to make waves and get in there with guys like Loma and Davis. But I get what you are saying. Haney looks awesome, but I noticed him moving straight back several times in his last fight when he had plenty of lateral movement he was showing in the fight, I just figured he felt so in control he didnt care, or just hadn't hammered the bad strategy out of his game yet. There's a reason they are supposed to come up slow in the pros.
you are right on that one. for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, therefore there is no such thing as a perfect fighter. just good fighters and better ones. i'm a huge fan of teofimo, the explosive natural style he has is fun to watch and exceedingly dangerous.
i think he's a bit like inoue it that he is so talented and has such dangerous offence that he gets away with defensive flaws like lunging (inoue gets a bit exposed on the attack, he actually seems to be getting a bit lazier on the defence than he used to be).

Last edited:
you are right on that one. for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, therefore there is no such thing as a perfect fighter. just good fighters and better ones. i'm a huge fan of teofimo, the explosive natural style he has is fun to watch and exceedingly dangerous.
i think he's a bit like inoue it that he is so talented and has such dangerous offence that he gets away with defensive flaws like lunging (inoue gets a bit exposed on the attack, he actually seems to be getting a bit lazier on the defence than he used to be).
Inoue doesn't even look like he has to try the way he's been running through guys. If he has holes it's because he has absolutely no sense of fear of his opponents at this point. He'll beat Donaire up bad, it shouldn't be close.

Inoue doesn't even look like he has to try the way he's been running through guys. If he has holes it's because he has absolutely no sense of fear of his opponents at this point. He'll beat Donaire up bad, it shouldn't be close.
that's pretty well how i see it. i really hope donaire is competitive though.

I just watched the Nakatani fight and Lopez looked to be struggling in there against Nakatini's reach and fast straight punches. I see Teofimo as a bit limited as a fighter but that could be because was he in against a spoiler type of opponent for him being taller and rangier. I think Teofimo is a long way off from fighting someone like Lomachenko but guess we can wait and see how Lopez does against Commey.

Last edited:
I just watched the Nakatani fight and Lopez looked to be struggling in there against Nakatini's reach and fast straight punches. I see Teofimo as a bit limited as a fighter but that could be because was he in against a spoiler type of opponent for him being taller and rangier. I think Teofimo is a long way off from fighting someone like Lomachenko but guess we can wait and see how Lopez does against Commey.
i could see a smart boxer (that has reach, like you said) exploiting, the instinctive style teofimo has. i think they would have to have reasonable power though, i can't see anybody that's feather fisted slowing him down.

Back