Teofimo wont hold the belts long at 135

i have literally never "rooted for" kovalev in my life. i've picked him to win fights i thought he would win. if you wanted to actually talk boxing, you wouldn't claim an unproven featherweight beats any elite fighter two weight classes higher

Yeah you picked him to win fights with out ranting about him being a woman beater, so do it for everyone else.

There are levels to this, and I feel a growing Shakur is that special. His defense and IQ are beyond elite. which is why he can't get a fight for shit from anyone "Good"

If rooting for a woman beater was a sin, half this board who rooted for Floyd would be through.
Tell him and many others on here who only seem to pick and choose who to have morals with.

Lopez is too big for this weight class and he would be likely too much for haney, garcia etc.

Let it happen, most likely Lopez will KTFO Ryan easily.
Lopez looks that is started seriously learn boxing.

Yeah, he was already kind of a freak at 135, but the adjustments he worked on make him too much to handle for the rest of the current crop of LW, IMO.

he can stick to knocking out street bums while his buddies beat women. stevenson is a scumbag
I know this is an old video but Shakur was schooling Haney here to the point you can hear the frustration in Haneys father. Pushing aside what happened outside of the ring Shakur looks special. At least based off the eye test if you wanna judge him based off how good he looks against another great prospect in Haney. Even heard he lit up Loma in sparring:

Lmao. Yeah he learned boxing overnight. Sure. Nah, more like you were 100% wrong in thinking he was a "lucky puncher" and not on Loma's level.
The things people to do save face around here.

lopez smokes garcia in 4. haney makes it to the scorecards and loses a classic. davis is a problem though.
yeah I think Tank could beat Teo. Haney might as well, he's a really good boxer. Garcia isn't in their league.

yeah I think Tank could beat Teo. Haney might as well, he's a really good boxer. Garcia isn't in their league.
i do like garcia, he's got big potential. he just needs more rounds and better competition. if he can manage to stop campbell, it's gonna be a good look for him. haney is going to be a great fighter but i think he's just a tad too hittable to trade with lopez. gamboa is gonna be a nice little step up for him though. if he can score a highlight reel KO, he can ride that for years like bud did.

tank is the only guy i can see beating lopez at 135. 140-147 is a different story obviously. but teofimo has everything you want in a fighter

i do like garcia, he's got big potential. he just needs more rounds and better competition. if he can manage to stop campbell, it's gonna be a good look for him. haney is going to be a great fighter but i think he's just a tad too hittable to trade with lopez. gamboa is gonna be a nice little step up for him though. if he can score a highlight reel KO, he can ride that for years like bud did.

tank is the only guy i can see beating lopez at 135. 140-147 is a different story obviously. but teofimo has everything you want in a fighter
I'd like to see if Chris Colbert can bring his talent up to 135. He's a very good fighter, and so is Rakhimov. I don't think either beats Lopez but thye'd bring interesting fights to the division.

I'd like to see if Chris Colbert can bring his talent up to 135. He's a very good fighter, and so is Rakhimov. I don't think either beats Lopez but thye'd bring interesting fights to the division.
wow i completely forgot about colbert. i agree that he's incredibly promising. has he had much of a step up in competition yet?

wow i completely forgot about colbert. i agree that he's incredibly promising. has he had much of a step up in competition yet?
He UD'd Jezreel Corrales, whom we know to be of a certain quality. It was a boring fight and not exactly super impressive but it was also his first big step. We'll see where he goes from there.

Back