Media Teofimo Lopez will keep his dad as his trainer

The difference though, IMO, is that Loma didn't fight like Lopez would explode if he too close. Loma comes right at his opponents, Teofimo will tear guys like that up. Lets see him stink it up against the sort of guy he normally dominates before we say he's finished.

I don’t think he’s finished, I just worry he won’t achieve to his potential

Why do you think its a mistake? He was with his dad when he beat the P4P king. His dad was giving him instructions he was not really following in the Martin fight.
i think it's a mistake because his dad is a raging fucking idiot and a shitty cornerman.

teo gets knocked down in the first round with kambosos, he comes to his corner, senior is saying "take your time" and then 5 seconds later "finish him already what the fuck is going on?"

that whole fight he was spewing the most useless advice you can think of. i seriously kept thinking if he was drunk during the fight.

Teo hasn’t exactly been on his most impressive streak ever lately. Not sure if most of the blame should be put on his dad but a few changes wouldn’t hurt, I guess.

when a fighter takes a loss, changes trainers, he's not taking responsibility but placing the blame elsewhere, can you think of many fighters who after an excellent run, took a loss, changed trainers and improved
Tyson got KO’d by Buster Douglas and got Richie Giachetti in his corner, and looked good in his comeback fights and the Razor Ruddick fights.

De La Hoya improved upon hiring Floyd Sr. He won the Mosley rematch imo, looked good against Mayorga, and even in his loss to Hopkins (I felt he was ahead & had no legitimate reason fighting Hopkins even at 155).

Why do you think its a mistake? He was with his dad when he beat the P4P king. His dad was giving him instructions he was not really following in the Martin fight.

I think you make a good point in the sense that his dad is who got him where he is so there’s merit in thinking he should stick with him but I personally think he has reached a plateau and not only could he learn new shit with someone else but also learn to control his temperament better, his dad as you say gives him the right instructions but he isn’t listening.

It could be a risk but I think the right move would be for them to split.

Back