Tension Brewing between Canelo and Golden Boy

This guy is a clown. Oscar made Canelo a superstar and has got him huge fights. Throw that away over an IBF title and let DAZN be some UFC style promoter/sanctioning body? Thats what we need, another Top Rank.
Who says they wont cross promote? Dazn and PBC seem like they would be open to that. Only seems like typical Top Rank would be the only one to not play ball, which is no different than now.
What's wrong with the UFC model other than not cross promoting? I also dont see how eliminating the belts as a separate entity would effect fighter pay especially with Dazn and PBC.

Who says they wont cross promote? Dazn and PBC seem like they would be open to that. Only seems like typical Top Rank would be the only one to not play ball, which is no different than now.
What's wrong with the UFC model other than not cross promoting? I also dont see how eliminating the belts as a separate entity would effect fighter pay especially with Dazn and PBC.
I'm against the idea of an entity like DAZN calling the shots. I just want them to host the fights. Top Rank does it and look at the garbage they give us. Tyson Fury against garbage. Lomachenko against nobodies.
UFC has done it for years, how much co promotion do you see?
The problem is that it doesn't take long to realize that co promoting is less profitable than foolling fans into think you have all the best.

I'm against the idea of an entity like DAZN calling the shots. I just want them to host the fights. Top Rank does it and look at the garbage they give us. Tyson Fury against garbage. Lomachenko against nobodies.
UFC has done it for years, how much co promotion do you see?
The problem is that it doesn't take long to realize that co promoting is less profitable than foolling fans into think you have all the best.
Even without copromoting and in a much shorter time span the UFC has made better fights and much faster. The top fights the fans want to see get made asap. That's a huge benefit.
I think both Dazn and PBC realize that copromoting if done right can lead to the bigger profits for the right fights.
GGG Alverez trilogy
Spence Crawford Pac
Furry Wilder Joshua
No way these fights get dragged out or dont happen with a UFC type model.
I agree Arum and Top Rank would ruin boxing with that model but I honestly believe Dazn and PBC would cross promote.
It's a travesty for the sport that these fights get drug out until guys are out of their primes. Or that there are never any rematches or trilogies. Instead padded records with stiffs

Sometimes what's good for the sport isn't good for the promoters. It creates bullshit like this.We see it all the time.That said, I'm a GGG guy but I've never put it on Canelo that he himself was making the decisions to fight certain fights, it was on Oscar and his ppl.

Canelo wants a fight and it seems Oscar and GB are trying to get in his way. He's the Golden Boy now, let him call his shots and sit back and make your money and try to snort more coke up your ass, Oscar. ALLEGEDLY.

Top Rank played ball a couple of weeks ago with the Ramirez/Hooker fight, and gave us one of the best fights of the year so far. Here’s hoping they’ll do it again soon.

Top Rank played ball a couple of weeks ago with the Ramirez/Hooker fight, and gave us one of the best fights of the year so far. Here’s hoping they’ll do it again soon.
They also are screwing us on Tyson Furry vs any warm body....

What does he have against Oscar?

What is an event organizer?

And how is dazn a promotion?
Oscar has shown himself to have very little to no integrity.

I don’t particularly like DAZN or agree with everything the dude said and don’t understand what he means by “event organizer,” but I’m just saying it was a pretty solid rant lol

could canelo continue his carreer as a free agent

Oscar has shown himself to have very little to no integrity.

I don’t particularly like DAZN or agree with everything the dude said and don’t understand what he means by “event organizer,” but I’m just saying it was a pretty solid rant lol
Solid rant indeed, but more of wishful thoughts and kissing dazn’s ass by saying they should take over completely by giving Oscar and all the sanctioning bodies the boot, it will never happen.

Back