• International Thai Boxing Federation
    • ITBF World Light Welterweight Championship
  • World Muay Thai Association
    • WMTA World Welterweight Championship
  • World Muay Thai Federation
    • WMTF World Welterweight Championship
  • International Karate Kickboxing Council
    • IKKC International Welterweight Championship
Also, Joe Rogan kept making it a big point how he "went to Thailand" and "beat Thais" at their own game (y'know typical Joe Rogan bullshit). But yeah, not bad MT resume.

every of those titles means shit. literally. Everyone in kickboxing & muay thai has world titles.

He was only even on his feet for maybe a minute total between both fights, watch his kickboxing fights

Here he is flattening a current Lumpinee champ under full Thai rules last month

That was beautiful

Kit Cope also supposedly had great MT/KB background and credentials but he was dogshit bad at MMA.

Cody Garbrandt was just a Golden Gloves boxer and he just beat a P4P great and one of the best strikers in the UFC.

Tenshin striking is great and he seems to have some natural ground game.

Tenshin striking is great and he seems to have some natural ground game.

If you watched his MMA debut fight, Tenshin opponent did serious injury to his arm, but he didn't give up. He keeps fighting and finally be able to beat him. He has something that i wish Sage Northcutt has, a fighting spirit.
Tenshin is a true warrior! Ronda should learn a thing or two from this phenomenal kid.

Yes thats my point. And he will only get better and better as time goes on. He can be king of MMA at his weight class.

Kid's a stud. Can't even believe my eyes at all the shade being thrown his way. He's 18 folks...if he chooses the path of MMA, he can spend 3 years ramping up competition and he'll still be a baby.

Can't wait to see him again. He's fighting Francesco Ghigliotti in 16 april (Rizin).

Def pitential, but maybe the are billing hinnto slow. They should maybe have him fight Ryan Curtis from BAMMA or someone like that.

He's already 4-0.

Do you guys think he's ever going to UFC?

No. They won't let him do kickboxing and it wouldn't make much sense for him
Never say never. Depending how big Tenshin gets, and if the UFC is serious about going into Japan (which they aren't right now), anything is possible.

He's already 4-0.

Do you guys think he's ever going to UFC?
i think he will stay in Japan.

like others said he wants to do kickboxing and is becoming a star over there. My guesses are that if he makes the jump to the states it would be for Bellator but even that wont happen imo.

Kickboxing is basically Muay Thai, people. He obviously will have to do some ground game if he ever goes to the ground (like he did once), but he is going to have his freedom to fight like he wishes when they both are standing. His fighting style while standing remembers me a bit that of Anderson Silva, both pretty good at Muay Thai, Kickboxing.

i think he will stay in Japan.

like others said he wants to do kickboxing and is becoming a star over there. My guesses are that if he makes the jump to the states it would be for Bellator but even that wont happen imo.
In your opinion, is he better than the UFC fighters of his division?

Striking good and could get better but developing a ground game or great TDD like Wonderboy is a bigger challenge. Definitely a prospect to watch but kind of soon to get real excited. He is very young so if avoids injuries could have a solid fighting career.

In your opinion, is he better than the UFC fighters of his division?

No, at this point he isnt good enough to compete with the top 10 in the ufc flyweight division.

However, he is one of the best prospects out there with real talent for mma and is arguably the best pure striker in that division but striking alone will take you only so far. atleast at this point.

if he takes his mma career seriously and works on his grappling/wrestling i can see him becoming a real danger for anyone in the flyweight division.

Back